Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Sai ClinicYour feedback matters!
There are a variety of foods and concoctions that have been developed for our urban realities and to help us become more fit. Smoothies and juices are the latest craze that has been on the fitness scene for a few hours. There are many people who have taken to smoothies in place of a solid meal because this combines a variety of healthy ingredients so that one gets a wholesome meal which can also be had on the run. But there are many schools of thoughts regarding the efficacy and the health benefits of smoothies.
Are they really as healthy as they are said to be? Let us find out with this article!
- Protein: There is a good dose of protein in smoothies which comes from the large amount of fruit, vegetables and dairy as well as oats and other such elements that are used to create one. Protein is one of the main elements that come from smoothies and it also helps particularly after a workout or for those who are into sports.
- Dietary fibers: Because of the copious amounts of berries and other fruit that is used to create a smoothie, one can gain great amount of dietary fibers also. This helps in clearing out the toxins from the digestive tracts, which can further prevent the generation of kidney stones. Yet, there is something to be said for the ingestion of fresh fruit, which makes for even better levels of dietary fibers. So even if you are having smoothies, you must ensure that you also have plenty of fresh fruit.
- Probiotics: Curd based smoothies is one of the best things that one can have because of the number of probiotics that they contain. Curd contains a number of good bacteria which is very good for the digestive system as well as the metabolism. These good bacteria are called probiotics. This helps in stabilizing the metabolism and the digestive process, which can be very helpful especially for people who are suffering from chronic lifestyle diseases.
- Sugar: If one used sugar instead of jaggery or honey in the smoothie, then it is no better than having a can of coca cola. For this reason, one will need to replace sugar with other natural sweetness that will bring down the level of kilojoules or kilo calories. This will make the smoothie much more healthy so that one can have plenty of fruit without the sugar intake.
- Liquid content: Many people use juice as the liquid content. Yet, this is not always the best option. This contains a lot of sugar, even if it freshly pressed. So, one can substitute the same with water.
- Oats and cereal: You can toast oats and others cereal in order to line the parfait or the smoothie. This will also bring in plenty of protein as well as other vitamins. This kind of a smoothie makes for a crunchy taste even as it gives you a full meal which can be taken at least three times a day. But do check for allergies when it comes to oats and grains before you make such a smoothie. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
#1 keeps your heart healthy
Kokum is rich in dietary fibre and low in calories and contains absolutely no cholesterol and saturated fats. It also contains high levels of vitamin c that acts as a powerful antioxidant. Kokum is loaded with magnesium, potassium and manganese that protects against heart disease and also aids in control of blood pressure.
#2 acts as a digestive aid
Kokum is widely used to combat myriad digestive problems like constipation, acidity and flatulence. It contains hydroxycitric acid (hca) that acts as an appetite suppressant. Its anti-helmintic properties help in removal of worms like ascaris from the stomach.
#3 aids in weight loss
This juicy berry contains hca that acts as a hypocholesterolaemic agent. It suppresses the activity of the enzymes responsible for conversion of calories into fat. It induces weight loss by hindering with the process of lipogenesis (fatty acid synthesis). Read about these 10 diet habits that guarantee weight loss.
#4 boosts your brain activity
Kokum is found to exert positive effects on the brain by helping in the neuronal growth process. It also prevents damage to the brain by nullifying the action of the free radicals. Are you aware of these 10 ways to a smarter, faster brain?
#5 builds your immunity
Kokum enhances your immune function by acting as a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Garcinol, an active constituent present in kokum is found to posses an anti-carcinogenic property that helps in suppressing the production of reactive oxygen species responsible for the cancer.
- Lesser pain: After surgery, in post-operative period pain is minimal due to small incision size.
With the advent of refined laparoscopic instruments, it is possible to treat numerous operable gynaecological conditions. With laparoscopic access, we can operate even more complicated cases like severe endometriosis' target='_blank'>endometriosis, cancers etc. The common diseases which can be treated with laparoscopic surgery are following :
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound' target='_blank'>ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage' target='_blank'>miscarriage / abortion' target='_blank'>abortion, infertility' target='_blank'>infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer' target='_blank'>cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain' target='_blank'>pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants' target='_blank'>implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy' target='_blank'>hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy' target='_blank'>chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy' target='_blank'>pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
Being a female is an icon of responsibility in many perspectives. The female figure shares a huge responsibility in the family (husband, kids, other members), society, self, workplace etc. Hence it becomes necessary that a woman must understand what all arrangements she needs to make herself comfortable during days when she is going for laparoscopic surgery and after surgery.
Normally admission in the hospital is done one day before the surgery. During the day of surgery, you can be discharged if your clinical condition is fine. Usually it takes, on an average, 2-3 days of hospital stay. U need to make arrangements at home for 2-3 days when you are absenting from your respective responsibilities.
Before you leave for hospital, for the surgery
- Make sure that you have informed your absence at a particular place (e.g. workplace, family etc) for specific time period.
- If you have got an insurance then you need to complete your paperwork for claiming benefits of surgery from the same.
- You should stop taking all medicines / diets which has got tendency to thin the blood e.g. vitamins, natural supplements, any analgesics that may contain aspirin (salicylic acid) or any blood thinner medicines. This might increase chances of blood loss during surgery. Usually your surgeon makes notice of all these issues but, if missed by any chance, then you need to inform your surgeon about these.
- You need to arrange someone who can accompany you on the day of the surgery and can help during your stay at hospital. This person must be someone with whom you are comfortable because he/she may have to help you go to the bathroom, get dressed, etc.
- Arrangements of meals should be made beforehand, at your home. You can buy or prepare several meals ahead of time since after surgery you will feel weak and will not have the energy to cook.
- You should do your house cleaning and laundry beforehand.
- You should select comfortable clothing for your convalescence.
- You should select underclothing made up of cotton or satin as these textures will be less irritating to the wound and will allow you to slip out of bed more easily.
- You should prepare the part of the house where you will recuperate after surgery during the first few days. You can arrange clean sheets, pillows, heating pad, analgesics, reading material, remote control, telephone, etc at your selected place so that you can manage things easily.
- You can buy some good magazines, arrange few movies so that you can keep yourself occupied during your convalescence.
What to pack
Mostly the hospitals provide almost every required consumable. Still you should prepare your hospital bag and should go over its contents with the person who will be accompanying you so that he/she knows what you packed and where you placed the items. Make sure to pack the following:
- Health insurance and hospital cards
- Sanitary napkins
- Mobile charger and earphones
- Reading material
- Lip balm
- Absorbent disposable tissue paper
Pre-operative appointment with Surgeon
- You should ask all your doubts regarding the laparoscopic surgical procedure e.g. what will be done in surgery? what all I shall expect after surgery? what kind of anaesthesia I shall be receiving?
- You should understand the instructions given to you by your surgeon e.g. when to reach hospital? Where to reach in the hospital? When to stop eating? etc.
- You should ask your surgeon whether he /she will be providing video recording / intra-operative pictures of your laparoscopic surgery.
The day before surgery
- You should not wear any makeup, hairspray, body lotion or deodorant.
- You should remove nail polish, jewellery and contact lenses.
- You should wear loose clothing such a dress without any elastic at the waist.
- You should wear an undergarment so that no fabric rubs against your navel after the procedure. Also, make sure your panties are loose /comfortable or a size larger than you usually wear as they will be more comfortable if your abdomen is swollen.
- You should wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off since it is uncomfortable while bending, after the procedure.
- When you arrive at the hospital, try to relax. Listening to soothing music / watching movie will help.
After the surgery
- Once you are getting discharged from the hospital you should arrange a transport vehicle which has minimum tendency to give bumps when on road. In the vehicle, recline the seat and place a pillow against your tummy to absorb the shock of bumps in the road.
- Once at home you should avoid sleeping in day time. You should can keep yourself occupied with reading magazine / watching movies / listening to music etc. It is advisable to have a sound sleep in the night.
- Your abdominal muscles are expected to be discomforting for the first few days. You should take medicines as advised.
- Hold a pillow against your stomach if you sneeze or cough to lessen the pain.
- Your shoulders might hurt the first few days. You should sit in a reclining position and place a heating pad on your shoulders. When you feel better, walk a little around the house.
- To get out of bed, roll onto your side and then gradually sit up using your arms for support. After sitting wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Giddiness is expected for a short while and should vanish in few minutes. Once you are stable then slip your feet out of bed and then stand up. Again, wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Once you are perfectly fine then you should start walking.
- Feel nauseous is common due to anesthetic medicines given during surgery or the medicines you might be receiving. To combat nausea, you can try few measures: rub a pad moistened with rubbing alcohol under your nose, lie down, breathe through the mouth, suck on a mint candy, eat dry crackers or drink ginger ale.
- Diet should be gradually upgraded. You should start with liquids, initially, and slowly moving up to solid food. The anaesthesia and analgesics can cause severe constipation after surgery. High fiber foods are recommended to prevent constipation (e.g pears, prunes, asparagus, carrots, whole-wheat bread etc).
- You should drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day. Water intake helps in preventing constipation and helps in eliminating traces of the anaesthesia.
- After the laparoscopic surgery wearing tampons is avoided. As wearing tampon might obscure the significant bleeding.
- After the laparoscopic surgery intercourse / sexual activity is not prohibited till the surgeon recommends.
- You may shower 24 hours after the surgery. Try to avoid contact of water with the stitches as this might delay healing of stitches.
- After few days of surgery, you can apply vitamin E to the incision if the scar looks normal (and there are no signs of infection). Vitamin E promotes healing.
- During recovery if you develop a fever, have difficulty urinating or experience heavy bleeding, contact your surgeon immediately or go to the hospital.
- When you return to work, wear loose clothing and avoid wearing synthetic undergarments, which will irritate your navel.
- It usually takes about a week to recover from a laparoscopy, a common and minimally invasive procedure. The secret to a speedy recovery is to take the necessary time and means to regain your energy.
Word ‘Laparoscopy’ is derived from ancient greek language “lapara + skopeo” i.e. “λαπάρα + σκοπέω”. Lapara means 'flank, side’ and skopeo means ‘to see'.
Hence laparoscopy’s literal meaning is “a procedure / operation performed in the abdomen or pelvis through which the abdominal contents are seen.”
“Laparoscopic Surgery” is known with various names:
Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)
Minimal Access Surgery (MAS)
Scar less Surgery
Word ‘Laparoscopy’ is derived from ancient greek language “lapara + skopeo” i.e. “λαπάρα + σκοπέω”.
Lapara means 'flank, side’ and skopeo means ‘to see'. Hence laparoscopy’s literal meaning is “a procedure / operation performed in the abdomen or pelvis through which the abdominal contents are seen.”
“Laparoscopic Surgery” is known with various names
- Keyhole surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)
- Minimal Access Surgery (MAS)
- Band-Aid surgery
- Scar less Surgery
- Lesser pain: After surgery, in post-operative period pain is minimal due to small incision size.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage / abortion, infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
Exercises for Sciatic pain from Piriformis Syndrome
Sciatica is a symptom. It consists of leg pain, which might feel like a bad leg cramp, or it can be excruciating, shooting pain that makes standing or sitting nearly impossible.
The pain might be worse when you sit, sneeze, or cough. Sciatica can occur suddenly or it can develop gradually.
- Pain in the rear or leg that is worse when sitting
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A constant pain on one side of the rear
- A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
Sciatica usually affects only one side of the lower body. Often, the pain extends from the lower back all the way through the back of the thigh and down through the leg. Depending on where the sciatic nerve is affected, the pain may also extend to the foot or toes.
For some people, the pain from sciatica can be severe and debilitating might include the inability to bend your knee or move your foot and toes.. For others, the sciatica pain might be infrequent and irritating, but has the potential to get worse.
Causes of Sciatic Pain:
- Slipped Disc: In majority of cases sciatica is caused by a herniated or "slipped" disc. This is when one of the discs that sit between the bones of the spine (the vertebrae) is damaged and presses on the nerves.
- Spondylolisthesis (a condition in which one vertebra slips forward over another one)
- Other causes include spinal stenosis (narrowing of the nerve passages in the spine), a spinal injury or infection, or a growth within the spine (such as a tumor).
- Other things that may make your back pain worse include being overweight, not exercising regularly, wearing high heels, or sleeping on a mattress that is too soft.
- Piriformis Syndrome: It is referred as neuritis of branches of the sciatic nerve caused by pressure of an injured or irritated piriformis muscle. Symptoms associated with piriformis syndrome typically consist of buttock pain that radiates into the hip, posterior aspect of the thigh, and the proximal portion of the lower leg.
- Piriformis syndrome typically does not result in neurological deficits such as decreased deep tendon reflexes and myotomal weakness.
Sciatica is diagnosed with a medical history and physical exam. Sometimes X-rays and other tests such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are done to help find the cause of the sciatica.
- X-ray- to look for fractures in the spine
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computed tomography (CT) scan - to create images of the structures of the back
- Nerve conduction velocity studies/electromyography - to examine how well electrical impulses travel through the sciatic nerve
- Myelogram using dye injected between the vertebrae - to determine if a vertebra or disc is causing the pain
Primary treatment consists of self-care and non-surgical strategies. The aim is to correct the underlying problem, restore function and prevent re-occurrence.
- Self-Care: Sciatica may resolve with rest, ice or heat, massage, pain relievers and gentle stretches. Muscle inflammation and pain can be reduced by application of an icepack for 20 minutes several times a day during the initial 2-3 days. Thereafter a hot pad may be applied to relax muscles. If the self-care exercises aren’t working within the first couple of days you must consult your doctor.
- Medication: Over the counter Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can bring pain relief. Muscle relaxants may be prescribed for spasms.
- Physiotherapy: A normal schedule is recommended physical therapy can help you return to full activity as soon as possible and prevent re-injury. Physiotherapists will show you proper lifting techniques / postures, walking techniques, exercises to stretch and strengthen your back muscles.
- Massage, ultrasound, diathermy, heat and traction may also be recommended for some time.
What Is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes scaling and inflammation (pain, swelling, heat, and redness). Skin cells grow deep in the skin and slowly rise to the surface. This process is called cell turnover, and it takes about a month. With psoriasis, it can happen in just a few days because the cells rise too fast and pile up on the surface.
Most psoriasis causes patches of thick, red skin with silvery scales. These patches can itch or feel sore. They are often found on the elbows, knees, other parts of the legs, scalp, lower back, face, palms, and soles of the feet. But they can show up other places such as fingernails, toenails, genitals, and inside the mouth.
- Who gets Psoriasis?
- What causes Psoriasis?
- How is Psoriasis diagnosed?
- How is Psoriasis treated?
Who Gets Psoriasis?
Anyone can get psoriasis, but it occurs more often in adults. In many cases, there is a family history of psoriasis. Certain genes have been linked to the disease. Men and women get psoriasis at about the same rate.
What Causes Psoriasis?
Psoriasis begins in the immune system, mainly with a type of white blood cell called a T cell. T cells help protect the body against infection and disease. With psoriasis, T cells are put into action by mistake. They become so active that they set off other immune responses. This leads to swelling and fast turnover of skin cells. People with psoriasis may notice that sometimes the skin gets better and sometimes it gets worse. Things that can cause the skin to get worse include:
- Changes in weather that dry the skin
- Certain medicines.
How Is Psoriasis Diagnosed?
Psoriasis can be hard to diagnose because it can look like other skin diseases. The doctor might need to look at a small skin sample under a microscope.For appointments call 9004839333.Clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai.
How Is Psoriasis Treated?
Treatment depends on:
- How serious the disease is
- The size of the psoriasis patches
- The type of psoriasis
- How the patient reacts to certain treatments
Now I use ponds spotless lightening face wash I have a oily skin wash my face using face wash in 8 times in per day. Its correct or not? Now I decided to using melawash for skin lightening purpose how many times wash my face using melawash?
Friends "white spots" in a disease in which the patient remains physically upset win over as it ceases to bother many times mentally makes many feel he hated myself among the people but they know very glad all will our ancient ayurveda possible medical treatment hundred percent of this disease in science to see our ancient ayurvedic stages of the disease by the classical yogaj be disease reliable treatment possible patient if your neighborhood.
If you are worried about treatment from all sides, then definitely tell us about it. We will do our best to free them from this frustrating disease.
Ayurveda is the only way Far too many patients have been rid of the disease.
It's observed that we notice back ache at least once in our life time
One in 3 all over world experience this problem
3 major cause we come across in the back ache are:
- Spondylitis inflammation at spinal canal
- Spondylolisthesis - slip disc
- Spondylosis - degenerative change
Ayurveda line of treatment works wonder in all major causes of back ache
It is also packed with patya- diatory intake
Local treatment of panchakarma and also other effective shamanoushadis where you can feel best pain manegment in day to day life style.