Doctor in Paradkar Lifeline Psychotherapist Centre
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Paradkar Lifeline Psychotherapist CentreYour feedback matters!
Ending one’s life is terrible. But often, instead of analysing the patient’s mental condition at that time, we tend to judge them. The most common cause for suicides is undoubtedly depression. Adverse social or financial conditions often contribute to the mental condition of patients. However, a recent paper published in the journal Neuropsychopharmacology might change the way we think about suicides. Lena Brundin and her co-workers have come to the conclusion in the paper titled “Role of inflammation in suicide: from mechanism to treatment,” that our immune system can trigger off suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Let us find out how.
- There is proof that certain medicines that are used to treat cancer patients can affect the immune responses. This in turn can trigger off suicidal tendencies.
- Certain injuries can lead to brain disorders which are related to inflammatory responses that might be responsible for some changes in behaviour often leading to suicidal thoughts.
- Just like certain medications trigger of suicidal thoughts, there are some that might diminish them like Lithium. It is used to treat bi-polar disorder. What it does is decrease immune related chemicals. Another drug has proved to be very effective in reducing suicidal thoughts and tendencies – Ketamine. Ketamine, like Lithium, has been found to block certain chemicals that are related to immune response.
- Though the whole topic is still under extensive research, it can perhaps be concluded that certain drugs have the ability to lessen suicidal thoughts and depression because they block some chemicals that are related to immunity.
The suicidal mentality is very complex. It requires not just medicines, but counselling, empathy, love and understanding. Often, many patients cannot come out of their depression, resulting in therapy sessions that are fruitless. In those cases, medicines that might reduce the negative thoughts and moods will come handy. It will help the patient initially to deal with the situation and start with a lot of positivity. Every year, almost one million deaths occur due to suicide. Not only does it leave behind survivors who attempt to kill themselves but also broken families that struggle to get over the death. If this research is successful, several people will benefit from it, all over the world. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
The following are the primary sleep disorders associated with chronic pain:
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A song. A poem. The smile on someone special’s face. Each interaction that we are a part of evokes an emotion. Emotions are the most powerful and sometimes the most painful forces in our lives. They are what inform our decisions, no matter how trivial. They dictate our actions and thoughts. Our emotional responses to different situations are what define us as individuals.
Emotions tend to oscillate between volatile extremes of rage and euphoria. Steer too far to either extreme and you might be courting danger. Much like the other aspects of life, emotions should be handled with moderation and rational thought. Here are five methods by which you can control your emotions.
- Take a moment: Losing your temper at the slightest provocation can be distressing to both yourself and those in your vicinity. If you react immediately, you are sure to do or say something that you will later regret. So, take a deep breath and control your impulse to lash out. Take your time to control your heart rate and bring it back to normal and loosen your muscles. When you feel calmer, you will find that an outburst would have been completely unnecessary.
- Ask for help: We all have that one friend whom we seek out when we need to vent. There is no shame in asking for help. A friend who can give us a rational, unbiased perspective on things. Someone who wants the best for us and knows our worst impulses is often times the best person to seek advice from. If you feel overwhelmed, or don’t know how to react, ask for guidance.
- Find an outlet: Having controlled your impulsive behavior, you need to find a way to express your feelings in a positive manner. Art thrives when infused with emotions. Painting, music are enriching pursuits that can help you achieve closure. Keeping a journal where you can pen your thoughts will broaden your awareness of your own emotions.
- Look at the larger picture: You will become more cautious of your negative emotions when you realize that your words and actions have consequences for others. Your rage at a harmless joke amongst friends could cost you a meaningful relationship. Pause and contemplate the larger picture. Do not be hasty and thus disregard how your actions might affect your future.
- Forgive and replace: Each one of us has a number of “triggers” that arouse extreme emotions in us. These triggers can be a person, our family or friends, or they be can be things and incidents. You must learn how to let the past be past. Forgive those who may have wronged and replace the negative thoughts that you associated with something. Do not let the recollection of a negative memory influence your behavior and actions.
Emotional resilience is a big part of becoming an adult. Learn to manage and lessen your emotional responses so that you may live a much more productive and stress-free life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!