Submit a review for Neoalta Speciality ClinicYour feedback matters!
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of Ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Ayurveda relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the rootcause of ailments. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits & less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
- Timely intake of meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
- Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
- Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and yoga especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
- Aloe vera: An ounce of aloe vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
- Turmeric: Haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric.
- Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
- Avoiding unhealthy food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
- Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Nobody prefers to suffer from ailments such as Cirrhosis of liver. After all, it is difficult for a person, if his or her liver is not functioning properly. However, if in case a person is suffering from such kind of chronic ailment, then one can opt for Ayurvedic remedies, which do not have any side effects.
Why it occurs?
In order to know how it is treated, it is essential to understand what causes cirrhosis of the liver and what it means to have this dreaded condition. While there is a range of causes for the chronic disease, fatty liver disease along with hepatitis B and hepatitis C are the most common causes of Cirrhosis of the liver.
Alcohol consumption on an excessive level also bears its fair share of responsibility. As a matter of fact, Cirrhosis of the liver is caused on account of this sort of alcohol consumption and is responsible for more deaths than any other type.
Detoxifying your liver with Ayurveda
When it comes to the Ayurvedic way to treat this serious issue that is liver Cirrhosis, the main focus is on the complete and effective detoxification of the liver. One of the first things that is involved in this sort of treatment is a radical overhaul of the habits of the person whose quality of life is being seriously impinged on due to this disease.
De-addiction is a very important starting point. After all, it can be said to be only logical, that the treatment of a disease, which has been brought upon by the indulgence in a bad habit begins with the cessation of the habit.
Diet restrictions are also part and parcel of getting liver cirrhosis treated by making use of Ayurveda’s deep and ancient body of knowledge. In many cases, doing so does mean giving up consumption of meat. In addition to this, other things, which are to be done from the point of view of dietary changes include, but are not limited to, avoiding hot and oily food which tends to be heavy on the digestive system of the person who is undergoing treatment. With the body under so much pressure in any case, it makes no sense at all to add more load.
While all this may seem to be very cumbersome, it is to be kept in mind what wonders Ayurveda can accomplish and how does it work in repairing the damaged liver of the patient who is undergoing this course of treatment. The end result makes all the sacrifices worth the effort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi Doctors, My baby is 1 month 10 days old and suffering from gas problems doctor has suggested carmicide syrup regularly but I am reluctant to give it as well my granny suggests gripe water and says she has given to all of us Please advise what can I do.
I has been suffering for acidity since last 2 week. When I wake up in the morning my teeth and tongue becomes sour. When I eat any fried foods or mild spicy foods loose motion starts. Please give me solution.
Hello. 5 days back. Blood comes while motion. From tat day my intestine and all are feels relax/loose to me. Previous I had some constipation and use to go motion Once in 1 or 2 days. Now I am going daily. But I feel burn in Penis while urine and burn while Motion. Kindly suggest Is it normal or What. Can it be cure with Medicines. Other than tat I am fit and fine and not having any weakness.
Every morning I suffering from acidity .My teeth mouth become acidic. Which food should be take who have the acidity problem. What diet chart should be followed.
I am 22 year old pichle paanch dino se mujhe nabhi ke niche left side pe halka bharipan or dard hai gas bhi lgatar ban rhi h sir please kuch upay bataiye.
I an a female of 20 n very little bit blood is found in my stool n burning sensation is there at that area.
I'm 23 years old and I have gas problem since ages. Never took this so seriously but these days I can't go through it. I get stomach pain sometimes and got belly fat which is making me look dirty. Due to belly fat I'm thinking of not having food even if am hungry. Which makes me fall due to low BP. Once I had stones in kidney, now they're gone (I suppose) Is that affecting?
I have acid reflux problem from last 6 months. Since then I have problem in breathing when I do squats and any other workout which create pressure on my stomach. I have done my heart check up it's completely ok. I am not able to understand what is the exact reason behind this.
After having food I feel stomach bloated and backache. Some tym without eating also stomach bloating. All reports r normal only sgpt increase. Now I take ud-live fir that. But bloating and because is same.
Have cyst at right side of my abdomen just below the ribs and same thing is with my most family members in my family with blood relations like brother uncle father grandfather but they have similar cysts at different parts of the body.
What to do for healthy pancreas and how it works properly and create insulin more than man can avoid diabetes medicine.
Mere muh ka swad bigad gya hai pet me hamesha gas bana rhta hai aur morning me pesab gahra pila hota hai phir din me pani pine ke bad pesab normal rehta hai ye problem 3 months se hai pls help me.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.