Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for MGM hospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
ADHD: Symptoms and Treatment for It
What is sexual desire?
It is the attraction that manifests itself in a physical way, which leads to sexual excitement, peak and intercourse for satisfactory sexual activity. This is considered a normal part of the physiological make up of human beings. Yet, there are individuals who suffer from complete lack of desire, which may be categorised as an often unnoticed health issue. This can affect both men and women. So what else should you know about lack of desire? Here's our list!
Lack of Desire for Women: Women often go through phases where they experience complete lack of sexual desire. This could be due to a variety of reasons, starting from hormonal changes to stress. This condition is usually known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder for women. This can be due to a combination of physical as well as mental factors.
Lack of Desire for Men: Lack of desire for men is usually characterised by a condition known as erectile dysfunction where the patient may have a problem in getting and retaining an erection for long enough to go through with a complete cycle of sexual activity. The causes for this may range from ailments like low testosterone, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, to stress.
Frequency: Contrary to popular belief, lack of sexual desire does not happen due to less frequency of sex, for either male or female patients. As per medical studies, there is no set behaviour or pattern that can create low sexual desire.
Relationship Issues: The issues may range from conflict and lack of performance as well as an utter lack of any kind of emotional stability and satisfaction in the relationship. This is one of the most common causes for lack of desire for both males and females. It may lead to complete lack of sexual interest for females, and stress that causes erectile dysfunction for males.
Sociocultural Stress: Many times, there are many sociocultural factors that affect conditions like lack of desire. This may include stress due to one's job or peer pressure. In many cases, constant exposure to media executed imagery and pornography can also lead to unreasonable expectations. This can lead to stress and lack of interest in one's partner.
Medical Issues: Lack of desire may also be a side effect of medical ailments like depression and other mental related problems. Also, chronic physical ailments like endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders can lead to such problems. Lack of desire may happen due to certain types of medicines like anti-depressants and contraceptives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Sildenafil (Viagra), whose function is to inhibit a substance called Phosphodiestarase-5 or PDE5 - was initially used only for the treatment of angina pectoris (a cardiovascular problem) and pulmonary hypertension. Incidentally, it was discovered that it could help the issue of erectile dysfunction too, and thus became hugely popular in the late 1990s. The little blue pill, as it was called, ruled more than 50% of the sexual dysfunction market for more than 15 years. However, as its popularity and usage increased, so did the scientific information about this drug, and now there is an increased speculation that it could be contributing to skin cancer, specifically melanoma. This is considered as one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer and so the safety of Viagra sildenafil came into question.
Research has shown that users of Viagra sildenafil are at a higher risk for developing melanoma. There are reports stating that about 45 million men are at an increased risk of developing melanoma due to associated Viagra sildenafil use. The risk of developing melanoma was found to increase in men using ED drugs by 21%. Though there is no conclusive proof as yet that sildenafil is the cause, research is increasingly pointing out its role in melanoma. For example, PDE5 inhibitors (sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil) are known to promote melanin synthesis, which may exacerbate melanoma development.
The analysis of biochemical pathways of this correlation suggests that Viagra sildenafil triggers a special biochemical action involving the growth-stimulating cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate (an intracellular signaling molecule) which in turn promotes the growth of malignant melanoma. In normal cases, the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) regulates the cGMP preventing any adverse cellular activity. Sildenafil inhibits the production of this enzyme, and potentiates a specific cGMP-related biochemical mechanism (called cGMP-cGKI pathway) , and thereby contributes to malignant melanoma. This has been proven to happen in mice and is yet to be proven in humans.
However, there are also reports which suggest that this does not happen due to Viagra sildenafil per se, but due to greater exposure to sun, which even otherwise increases the chances of skin cancer in general, and melanoma in particular. The countering theories also say that the population in which skin cancer was detected, comprised mostly of high income individuals who spent a significant amount of time holidaying on beaches and are not connected to the extensive use of Viagra per se.
Therefore, though there is a correlation that has been established, there is no definite proof that Viagra sildenafil causes skin cancer. It is however, advisable to use ED drugs after medical consultation. If a patient has a genetic predisposition to develop melanoma, it is advisable to seek medical advice before the use of ED drugs. Occasional use should not be harmful. Also, when going out in the sun, limiting exposure to direct sun and UV protection should be managed too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
There are a lot of health conditions people do not want to talk about publicly, as they find it shameful or fear it can point questions at them. However, not talking about them leads to many myths and misconceptions, which hold no truth.
Of these, common is Erectile Dysfunction in men. Most men, at some point of time, experience Erectile Dysfunction. Erectile Dysfunction is a condition, whereby the person concerned is unable to get an erection. Even if he gets one, he fails to keep it. Erectile Dysfunction often goes untreated because most men find the condition embarrassing enough to be discussed. This lack of awareness has given rise to many unreasonable and illogical myths and misconceptions.
Myths and misconceptions about ED that needs to be busted:
Erectile Dysfunction is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, timely medication can greatly improve the condition. For proper awareness, it is necessary to get the facts right.
- Myth: Erectile Dysfunction is nothing serious, self-medication will help.
- Fact: Really? Your grey matter must be working overtime to bless you with such amazing ideas. Erectile Dysfunction, at times, can be an indication of something as big and serious as Diabetes, Parkinson's disease, Hypertension or Atherosclerosis. Reason enough to shed your inhibitions and consult a physician at the earliest.
- Myth: Erectile Dysfunction is an old age problem.
- Fact: These illogical misconceptions will do you no good. Get this baseless myth out of your system. Though Erectile Dysfunction is common amongst the older folks, the younger lot are not spared either.
Erectile Dysfunction can affect men of all age groups.
- Myth: Erectile Dysfunction can be due to a cold partner, who fails to attract and excite you.
- Fact: Lack of interest in your partner seldom results in Erectile Dysfunction. There can be many underlying factors that can interfere with the erection. Certain medications, depression, obesity or lifestyle habits (smoking and street drug abuse) can affect one's performance greatly.
- Myth: Any erection problem is Erection Dysfunction.
- Fact: This myth is as absurd and irrational as the saying; all tumors are benign. Before drawing any conclusion, it is important to get to the root cause. A person going through an intense emotional turmoil or stress might not get an erection. There will be days when a man will not be able to keep an erection. There is nothing to raise a hue and cry over it. It is just a phase and will pass off soon.
- Myth: Erectile Dysfunction results in low or no libido at all.
- Fact: In males, low libido often results from a significant drop in the testosterone level. It is an outcome of the hormonal changes taking place within the body. Erectile Dysfunction has little to do with low libido. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Keeping in touch with your consciousness can be a brilliant thing to do. One should know thy self before anyone else in the world. Consciousness qualifies as self awareness. It gives you clarity about what you want, who you really are and who you really want to be.
How to keep in touch with your consciousness?
- Walk out into the woods: Go on a nature hike. Take your dog and go for a run into the woods. Listen to your favourite music and do not forget to stop and breathe in the scenic beauty. It is bound to make you introspect.
- Go on a solo trip: Take a leave from work, get packing and head out to that trip to the Himalayas that you have been planning on for ages. Take your closest friends along if you would like to. And, if you are going on your own, do not forget to inform your friends or family about it.
- Meditate: Even if you have never tried to do it before, it is never late to start. Even if you are in the beginners’ level, it helps you attain inner peace and tranquillity. It is probably one of the best ways to get in touch with your inner self and harness energy from within. It will give you greater focus, more transparency and you will attain discipline in life.
- Befriend with like-minded people: When you are on a journey to become a person with great self awareness and a more conscious person, you are the most benefitted when you find people who share your belief and you can be your true self with them. This will make you true to yourself and the people around you. This is a sign of rising self consciousness.
- Pursue higher intelligence: Every single person is intelligent in their own way. A person may be blessed with high I.Q., whereas other people can be emotionally or spiritually intelligent. While chasing consciousness, learn to grow as a person. Make yourself familiar to new things, different people and you will realise how vast is the world and the immense amount of things you are yet to take from her.
- Taking control of your decisions: Never let another person dictate terms to you. The moment you let another person make your decisions, you lose yourself a little bit. Taking conscious control over your decisions will immediately create a sense of understanding of your own self and you will attain more consciousness in the process.
- Let the skies speak to you: Go camping will your closest, true friends and star gaze with them. Lying down on the grass and watching millions of stars look right back you can be an overwhelming experience. You will truly learn and understand how vast this universe is and let it seep into you. You will feel more in touch with yourself than ever before. The path to self consciousness will get even more clear in your head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Fregoli syndrome and Capgras syndrome are psychological disorders which cause the patients to develop delusions regarding the people around him and his social interaction. They are called delusional misidentification syndromes (DMs). Both conditions are extremely rare and are believed to develop in patients who already have other psychiatric disorders. The two conditions can be compared in the following ways:
- Nature of the disease: Patients with Fregoli delusion believe that the many people around him or her are actually the same person in many different disguises. Capgras syndrome, on the other hand, causes the patient to think that someone who he or she interacts with on a daily basis has been replaced by an impostor.
- History: Fregoli syndrome was discovered in 1927 in a woman who thought her favorite actresses were disguising themselves as her friends, her employers and even strangers. The doctors named the condition after Italian entertainer Leopoldo Fregoli who did excellent impersonations of contemporary political figures. Less than 50 cases of the disorder have been reported worldwide since then.
Capgras syndrome was discovered in 1922 by French psychiatrist Joseph Capgras. The patient claimed that identical impostors had taken the places of her husband and some of her friends. This disorder is seen more commonly in women than in men and has more reported cases than Fregoli syndrome.
What causes it?
Fregoli delusions can be caused by severe injury to the temporal and parietal areas of the brain or other neural pathways.
Capgras syndrome has more complicated neuroanatomical causes. It is often seen in patients of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and sometimes in patients of bipolar disorder and paranoia.
Symptoms behind them
The symptoms of Fregoli syndrome are delusions, visual and auditory hallucinations, cognitive defects, problems in visual memory and motor functioning.
Capgras syndrome is characterized by delusions, lack of emotional response to a familiar face, constant anxiety and depression.
Antipsychotic medication is generally used to treat Fregoli delusions. Anti-seizure drugs and anti-depressants are prescribed to combat other symptoms of the disorder. The family members of the patient are also counselled so that they do not feel insulted by the patient's behavior.
Individualized cognitive therapy is much more beneficial in case of Capgras syndrome than medication. Habilitation therapy is a form of treatment where the patient is not repeatedly contradicted and corrected. Usually the patients' family members are made to talk to them about their mistakes gently without arguing with them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Although there is no single reason why someone may have suicidal tendencies, certain things can increase the risk. An individual is more likely to have suicidal thoughts if he has a mental health condition like depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. The vulnerability also increases in cases of alcoholism, drug abuse or poor job security. It may not be possible to prevent suicidal thoughts, but keeping one's mind healthy with regular exercise, healthy eating and maintaining friendships can help one deal better with stress.
It can be very upsetting, when someone says things which sound as if the person is considering suicide. One may not be sure what to do to help, as to whether one should take talk of suicide seriously or if intervention might make the situation worse. Taking action is always the best choice. One of the best things one can do if someone is feeling suicidal is to encourage them to talk about their feelings and to listen to what they say. One can provide the best help by listening and not being judgemental. If the person has been diagnosed with a mental health condition like depression, one can take advice from his care team.
One should avoid offering solutions. While listening, do not give in to the temptation of providing a solution. One should ask open ended questions so that the person remains in control and expresses his feelings. On the contrary, it will offer an opportunity to talk about feelings, which may reduce the risk of acting on suicidal feelings. Ensure that the person is not left on his own, if there is immediate danger. One cannot always tell when a loved one or friend is considering suicide, so one must be on the lookout for warning signs. The warning signs could be talking about suicide, buying or stocking pills, withdrawing from social life, increase in alcohol or drugs, personality changes like severely agitated and saying goodbye to people as if seeing them for the last time. It is also important that one does not make judgements about how a person is thinking or behaving.
After listening to their feelings, one may feel that certain aspects of their thinking and behaviour are making their problems worse. But pointing this out will not be particularly helpful to them. Reassurance, respect and support will only help someone during these difficult periods. As a final note, one must realise that talking to someone about their feelings is not long lasting and can help them feel safe and secure temporarily. A professional help can provide the long-term support to help someone overcome their suicidal tendencies. That will the person to deal with the primary issues behind someone's suicidal thoughts, besides offering advice and support. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
An anxiety disorder is characterized by a constant feeling of fear, worry or unease. While it is absolutely normal to feel anxious over certain matters like landing up a job interview or cracking the toughest exam, being anxious all the time for no rhyme or reason can be troublesome.
In certain psychiatric anomalies such as panic disorders, social anxiety disorder and various phobias, anxiety is one of the primary symptoms and causes. Anxiety disorder is usually a long term disorder that results in one feeling unnecessarily anxious about different events, no matter how trivial they are.
Causes behind it
The exact cause of anxiety disorder is not yet ascertained. There are several factors that can trigger anxiety disorder, some of them being:
1. Drug and alcohol abuse
2. Over-activity in certain areas of the brain that deal with behavior and emotions
3. Genetic defects
4. Chemical imbalance in the brain involving serotonin and noradrenaline which regulates mood
5. Chronic health conditions such as arthritis.
Signs you should look for
The symptoms of anxiety disorder are classified into physical and psychological symptoms. The psychological symptoms involve irritability, a feeling of restlessness and a constant feeling of being on the edge. Social withdrawal symptoms are also commonly observed.
The physical symptoms of anxiety disorder comprise of breathing difficulties, muscle pain, dizziness and fatigue.
How it can be treated
Some treatments for anxiety disorder are:
Medications: Medications such as antidepressants are prescribed to get rid of anxiety disorder
Therapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy, that is based on the belief that a person’s thoughts guide his actions, is another way to deal with anxiety disorder.
In addition to the treatments, you can also take steps to mitigate the symptoms of anxiety disorder, such as
1. Avoid smoking
2. Get regular exercise
3. Opt for self-help courses
Briefing on masturbation, semen and sex education
A person suffering from depersonalization disorder often feels detached from their thoughts and is often faced with a steange feeling that you are being separated from your emotions and your body. Feeling disconnected from his or her surrounding environment is one of the main symptoms of depersonalization disorder. An affected person might feel like an alien, living in a world of fantasy and fear of getting crazy or depressed, anxious and panicky. A patient with depersonalization disorder does not lose his contact with reality and realizes that his perceptions are unreal. This health condition is a form of dissociative disorder, where the brain gets affected.
Treatment: People seeking treatment for depersonalization disorder are primarily concerned with the associated symptoms such as anxiety and disorder. Treatment is required when the disorder is recurring or long lasting, and when the symptoms cause severe distress. The aim of the treatment is to eliminate all causes of stress when the symptoms show up. The method of treatment depends on the nature of the triggers and on the severity of the symptoms. Here is a list of the most effective treatment methods:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is an effective treatment procedure for depersonalization disorder. Psychological techniques are used to help an affected person recognize his feelings and for communicating his thoughts to a therapist. Thoughts which may lead to depersonalization experience are expressed by a person in this process. Cognitive therapy is utilized for changing dysfunction thought patterns in an affected person.
- Medication: There are no medicines for the general treatment of depersonalization disorder. Several medicines are used to treat the symptoms. In patients who experience depression and severe anxiety, antidepressant and antianxiety medicines may be prescribed. Antipsychotic medicines are also used to cure disordered thinking and improper perception of reality.
- Family therapy: Family therapy educates the affected person's family about the disorder, its causes and the family members learn how to recognize the symptoms.
- Creative therapy: Creative therapies, such as art therapy or music therapy, enable a patient to recognize and express his feelings better in a creative and safe way.
- Clinical hypnosis: This process involves intense relaxation, concentration and focus of attention in order to achieve an altered state of consciousness. This makes a patient more aware, and he can explore his thoughts and feelings, which have been absent from his conscious mind.
Complete recovery from depersonalization disorder is possible for most of the patients. The symptoms go away by themselves after treatment. Treatment makes a person more effective in dealing with stress or trauma, which might act as triggers for further recurrence of this disorder. Treatment is necessary and avoiding treatment might cause severe complications later. It is recommended to consult a doctor for the best treatment measures.
Quarrels are an integral part of any healthy and serious relationship. However, an overdose may lead to severed ties. It bruises your memory and leaves you too distraught to engage in an emotional attachment.
If you are struggling in your relationship, you might find it helpful:
- Empathize with your partner: The ability to empathize is what inhibits us from just going through life doing whatever we want, without any regard for others. It is what makes compromise in a relationship possible. If you realize that something you have done has hurt your partner, you will hesitate to do that again.
- To complain as least as possible: Keep low expectations from your partner. The most common reason for conflict in relationships is the list of expectations, which when left unfulfilled leads to complaining and nagging. What you do for your partner is what'you think is the right thing, but your partner may not hold the same perspective.
- Stop using labels: labeling is an indecent way of identifying the problem with your partner or with the relationship in general. You should neither brand yourself as something or your partner as something else. Associating critical adjectives with one another is a way of demeaning your lover and can dissuade your partner from communicating his or her viewpoint.
- Express yourself: Express thoughts, feelings, and wishes. Resentment can build when couples sweep things under the rug, so be vulnerable and don't bury negative feelings, but try to express them in a respectful way. Opening up to your partner can make you feel vulnerable and exposed, but it is the most important part of an intimate relationship.
- Try to rekindle the spark: Time, overburdening responsibilities or workload can make your relationship a routine affair. An element of secrecy and excitement is important. Therefore, desire should never take a backseat in your relationship. Try to fulfill your partner's desire and let him or her know about your expectations as well.
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor.
A romantic image of candle light and soft music often also has a bowl containing strawberries, chocolate, and wine. Food not only makes you look and feel better but also has an effect on your overall health.
Take a look at a few foods that can increase your sexual desire.
- Strawberries and raspberries - Strawberries and raspberries are delicious antioxidants that have been linked to high sperm counts in men. Both contain zinc that regulates the production of testosterone in men and prepares a woman's body for intercourse. These berries also provide high levels of energy at the cost of very few calories.
- Avocados - Avocados are great sources of energy and boost the libido. They also contain monounsaturated fats that are essential for hormone production. Avocados are rich sources of vitamin B6 and vitamin E which increase oxygen and blood flow throughout the body. Vitamin B 6 is also linked to testosterone production. The high potassium content also boosts a woman's libido.
- Watermelon - In summer, watermelon not only cools your body but also increases your libido. In a way watermelon can be compared to Viagra. This popular summer fruit is rich in lycopene, citrulline, and beta carotone which help the blood vessels relax and act as natural enhancers.
- Almonds - Almonds contain vitamins and minerals essential for sexual health such as zinc, vitamin E, and selenium. Selenium is also linked to fighting infertility. Almonds are packed with proteins to give you energy and stamina and are known to stimulate the production of testosterone in men. They also contain omega 3 fatty acids that help blood circulation.
- Figs - Figs enhance the secretion of pheromones and are known to be fertility stimulants. They also contain magnesium that aid in the production of androgen and estrogen and an amino acid that increases blood flow. Figs are also said to be mood enhancers and credited to increase sexual stamina.
- Sweet potato - Sweet potato is rich in vitamin A that fights infertility and vitamin C that produces collagen and fights high blood pressure. Since high blood pressure increases the risks of erectile dysfunction, sweet potatoes indirectly fight erectile dysfunction.
- Dates - Dates literally melt in your mouth making the very act of eating them sensually. This makes them popular aphrodisiacs for both men and women. Dates are rich sources of amino acids that increase sexual stamina and blood circulation. Dates are also used to treat sexual impotence and to promote the production of hormones.
My girlfriend having depression prblm due to which she takes less food and sleep how I help her to get cured.
Going to a gym and working out on machines are not the only ways through which you can lose weight, even having sex can help you to remain fit and fine. For this, you need to take on the right sex positions so as to enable your body to burn calories and help you lose weight. Here are some of the sex positions that'll help you to do so:
- Doggy style - This sex position sees you going down on all fours, leading to the working out of your quadriceps (the largest muscle that makes up the front of your thigh) and gluteus (the body's biggest muscle group that enables your hips to contract in all directions). In this position, you end up working your arms, shoulders and biceps, as you go about meeting the thrusts of your partner.
- Lotus - Requiring you to sit on the lap of your partner, this sex position helps you to sculpt your butt, thighs, and glutes. Your core is at work in trying to stabilize the body while your glutes get the workout it needs during thrusting.
- Cowgirl - This sex position makes it a great workout for women as it targets the lower body, the butt, and legs. At the same time, it's an intense body workout wherein you're required to balance your upper body while squatting on your partner.
- Missionary position - The missionary sex position can provide a good workout for your core as it focuses on lifting your pelvic floor and not the lower part of your back. It's also a good option for working out your butt as the squeezing action of the buttock ends up sculpting your gluteus muscle.
- Standing position - The position sees the upper leg and core muscles being worked on. For instance, if the female partner is standing on only one leg, the leg muscles are at work to keep an upright position while the core muscles are hard at work in helping her to maintain a balance. At the same time, if both her legs are wrapped around the partner, strength building is achieved by her arms.
Related Tip: How Your Sexual Health Changes As You Age