Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Health & glory clinicYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and want some medicine for anti ageing and wrinkles and for glowing bright skin. Please tell me food also which helps in maintaining skins quality.
I have very much hair fall also at the time of hair oil massage and at shampoo also, I have tried many hair oils and shampoo all time same problem now from front my scalp is visible hairs are too less please suggest.
Hair transplant is one of the finest developments in medical science. This painless, and effective treatment option can help a person get naturally growing hair just like before. However, a hair-transplant is not the first option to fix hair-fall but the last. One must figure out whether he should go for a hair transplant plan in the first place. We will briefly touch upon some topics that should be considered before taking the plunge.
Is there a chance of hair-fall again?
The answer is, yes. While the newly planted hair becomes visible after three-four months, the original hair might continue to fall. The transplant surgery can be repeated after six months to fix those portions again. It will make the hair dense too.
Who cannot go for a transplant?
For folks who possess less hair on the side and back, a hair transplant may not work out for them. Hair transplant requires dense hair structure at the back. A specialist picks hair from these locations and plugs them in the area where there is no hair. While hair from another part of the body can be extracted, the quality of that hair might vastly vary from the ones that are on the head.
When to go for a transplant?
- The timing of the transplant is extremely important. It doesn’t make sense for a teen to go for a transplant. There is a very high possibility of the original hair falling off within few years. This means that the person should go for a re-transplant to cover those portions of the hair again. It, therefore, makes sense to wait and watch before going for a hair transplant process. An ideal age segment to go for this process is around 25-30 years.
- It makes sense to consult a doctor rather than just sitting on the hair fall issue. A doctor can successfully decide the rate of hair fall and suggest a suitable time for the treatment. Sitting idle on the hair fall issue can be dangerous. Once the threshold hair density passes, transplant rarely becomes successful.
- The transplant process should happen at a time when there is still some hair left in the crown. This is the time when the follicles have the capacity to strengthen. The chances of normal hair regeneration are also high during this time.
- One should only approach the transplant process once he has thoroughly done his homework on the surgeon. A specialist surgeon should have enough good will and a good success rate. One should also consider his previous track records and speak to the former patients who have undergone surgery under the doctor.
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to remove polyps and other blockages, alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
Deciding on surgery: Before deciding on undergoing nose surgery, consult with your doctor regarding issues related to your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
The procedure: The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep). The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
Recovery: After the surgery you will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over.
- You should avoid strenuous activity for three to six weeks.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Will you develop scars?
As with all cosmetic procedures, rhinoplasty can leave scars. In closed rhinoplasty, incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring. In open rhinoplasty, an additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks: Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
There are so many reasons people get inked. For some, a tattoo is a form of expression for other, a reminder of incidents and people. Since a tattoo is permanent, it needs to be carefully thought about. Today, you may think having your girlfriend's name inked onto your skin is a way of declaring your love but what if tomorrow, you break up. Ex lovers names are probably the most common tattoos that people ask to be removed. Yes, tattoos can be removed but it isn't as easy as it sounds.
What makes a tattoo permanent is the depth the ink permeates to. Unlike writing on your skin with a pen, ink in a permanent tattoo is placed in the dermis. This layer of skin lies under the epidermis and cannot be easily accessed. Thus using a cream or ointment will not help you remove a permanent tattoo. It may help bleach the pigment slightly but will scar your skin leaving the area looking worse than it was before. Using an acid to remove tattoos is also not advisable as this will scar the skin.
The only way to effectively remove a tattoo without scarring is with laser treatment. The laser penetrates the skin and breaks up the ink particles. This makes the body's immune system recognize the ink as alien elements and removes them through the lymphatic system. This leaves the rest of your skin undamaged. Laser treatment to remove a tattoo is not a onetime procedure and may need to be repeated a number of times depending on the number of colours, size of tattoo and quality of ink used.
A single laser cannot be used to treat all the colours in your tattoo. Lasers of different wavelengths are used to remove different colours. Thus, the more colours in a tattoo, the longer it will take to be removed. In some cases, even with laser treatment, the tattoo cannot be completely removed and a shadow may remain. Fluorescent colours are the most difficult to remove. Contrary to popular belief, black and red pigments are the easiest to remove. Laser treatment can also be used on any skin colour though it may take a few extra sessions to remove tattoos on dark skin. The location of your tattoos also plays a great role in determining how easy it will be to remove. The closer the tattoo is to your heart, the better the results.
In most cases, removing a tattoo takes 5-12 laser treatment sessions. This can take from 6 to 12 months as the dermatologist will probably ask you to wait a month between sittings. Each laser treatment session is expensive and hence removing a tattoo is much more expensive than getting one. Hence, think before you ink.
Nowadays, hair fall and thinning are conditions that most people face and are tired of trying new treatments to fix them. There are numerous treatments, but most have been proven to have certain adverse effects. Homeopathy, on the other hand, is an alternative medicine category, which uses not so strong chemicals or drugs, but slowly and steadily treats body ailments.
Causes of hair fall
- Various skin diseases that affect the scalp. For example, fungal infections known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea, lichen planus, eczema
- Various hormonal changes
- Nutritional deficiency, especially lack of iron in diet
- Various drugs that are taken for treatment of joint pains, high blood pressure, depression or cancer
- Diseases like tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, hypothyroidism etc.
- Hairstyles of individuals, especially those who fall prey to the latest trends in styling. For example, tight pony tails or braids, indiscriminate usage of heat and colour to the hair.
Homeopathic treatment to prevent hair loss
Before any homeopathic medicine is prescribed to individuals, a detail of their case history is required to be studied. Here is a list of homeopathic medicines which help in controlling and preventing hair fall.
- The various skin diseases on the scalp can be a major reason for hair fall. This may occur due to extreme itching or numerous acrid discharges from the lesions that have occurred. Homeopathic medicines like Psorinum are used to treat hair loss caused due to discharge from skin lesions. Another medicine is Mercurius Solubilis; this also helps in relieving the scalp from the lesions and discharges.
- In case of hair loss due to excess dandruff, Thuja occidentalis and Kali suphuricum are the medicines that can be used.
- In case of hair loss due to childbirth or menopause, Natrum muriaticum and Pulsatilla pratensis can be excellent medicines for effective treatment. Another treatment can be Sepia officinalis.
- The hair fall caused by anaemia can be treated by using Borax, Cinchona officinalis and Calcarea phorphorica.
- For alopecia, phophorus, calcarea, fluoricum acidum, vinca minor, carbonica are used.
- In order to fight baldness, medicines like Silicea, Sulphur, Baryta carbonica, Lycopodium clavatum can be prescribed.
These are just a few treatments in a nutshell, but there are numerous others to be discussed. To know the right medicine for you, you can always consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner.
Dear sir, This is vinay gowda .i am just 22 years old. I have a problem of white hair. I wanted to make my hairs is black and shine .Still I didn't use any cream for my hair .kindly suggest me which oil and medicine is good for my Hair .i hope that Lybrate is the best websites which fill full my needs. Thanks and regards Vinay gowda.
Hello doctor I want to remove my body hair permanently what can I do please reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
I have successfully treated highest number of Leucoderma and Vitiligo patients in India since past 32 years. Homoeopathy along with holistic modes has been a miraculous aid in giving the results. In this article, I bring to you the topic of a famous personality and his confrontation with Vitiligo.
- Michael Jackson songs, the king of pop, thriller, moonwalk getting nostalgic? We all remember Michael Jackson as the king of pop, he stirred up the ear with his over the top songs and breathtaking dance moves! His death shook the world and the music industry at large.
- He always had been the talk of the town not only for his art but for his appearance.
- Michael Jackson skin color raised controversies and questions among fans and fellow artists. He was accused of skin bleaching and using various techniques to turn white because he didn’t like his skin color. However he shunned these allegations by admitting to having Vitiligo on Oprah Winfrey’s show.
Vitiligo is an autoimmune skin disorder which causes loss of pigment in the skin. The melanin production capacity of the skin gets dysfunctional. This causes white patches on skin which can spread like it did on Michael Jackson. Due to less awareness of Vitiligo back then everyone believed that Michael Jackson was making up a story to cover the allegations of skin bleaching.
Only 2% of the world’s population suffers from Vitiligo and Jackson had a paternal history of the disease which was dominant in his case.
Vitiligo began on Michael Jackson’s skin soon after Thriller album, it started off as white dots on his hands skin which he covered with Billie Jean Gloves. But, in no time it spread over his full hand and body, he initially tried to cover it with full coverage makeup but it did him no good as patches begin to grow. When the disease went out of control, he opened up about his condition.
Though harmless otherwise these white patches become a cause of embarrassment and low self esteem in highly pigmented individuals like Michael Jackson himself. He was born a black american but in his adulthood his skin turned white. He fell a prey to innumerous allegations and racist comments because of the lack of knowledge among the people. Michael Jackson Vitiligo was confirmed in a biopsy report and was made public thus proving he really did have vitiligo.
Who all can have Vitiligo?
Vitiligo rarely shows familial history but this factor cannot be ruled out. It can affect people of any age group, race or sex. Vitiligo is generally more prominent in countries like India, Egypt and other tropical countries. Many cases have seen its onset after menopause, at 15 years of age, or as early as the age of 5. Vitiligo is non infectious and non-contagious and cannot spread with touch. It has no relationship to leprosy, however there can be differential diagnosis of seeing white patches on skin.
What can cause Vitiligo?
Exact causes of vitiligo have not been established yet but it can be due to gastrointestinal disorder like chronic amoebiasis, chronic dyspepsia and intestinal worms may be additional factors.
Trauma or local irritation from wearing tight blouses and clothes can also produce Vitiligo in individuals predisposed to it. Acute stress may be followed by fast spreading vitiligo. Endocrine disorders or nutritional disorders can also be revolving cause for Vitiligo.Not infrequently it has been seen vitiligo appearing after use of broad-spectrum antibiotics esp chloramphenicol and streptomycin.
How to treat Vitiligo?
In Michael Jackson’s case he matched his unaffected skin color with the vitiligo skin color by going a shade lighter which made him appear completely white. However with the advancement over years it is possible to treat vitiligo.
For stationary and small patches there are temporary options to dye the white patch into the skin color. It is done by doing a patch test and seeing which color is absorbed by the skin.
Whereas for a permanent long time solution it is important to treat this condition constitutionally by promoting the production of melanin internally by medicines.
Some local applications and frequent sun exposure on the patches can also help in repigmentation.
Avoid eating food from animal sources.
Avoid wearing tight clothes and prevent trauma on skin.
Do not stress as it can also contribute in producing vitiligo.
Apply pure ghee with turmeric on white patches and take sun exposure.
At Valeda, you can avail a holistic treatment to cure Vitiligo permanently by constitutional medicines and total wellness using techniques of acupuncture that will strengthen your immune system and also treat your Vitiligo Skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.