Situated in the neck, the thyroid gland plays an important role in the body– it produces hormones required for regulating growth. Through its role, the thyroid gland influences most metabolic processes in the body. Problems of the thyroid gland can range from simple conditions such as goiter (enlargement of the thyroid glands) to something as fatal as cancer. The most common thyroid problem is the abnormal production of hormones.
Overproduction of hormones by the thyroid gland results in ‘hyperthyroidism’ whereas underproduction of hormones causes ‘hypothyroidism’. It is necessary to take steps to deal with thyroid problems as their complications can be severe at times.
Ayurveda is a time honored system of medicine, the treatments of which have holistic healing properties. Ayurvedic treatments are free from side effects as they do not contain synthetic ingredients. In case of thyroid problems, Ayurvedic remedies focus on balancing the production of hormones. The various doshas in the body – kapha, vata and pitta are balanced, so as to promote overall wellbeing.
The various Ayurvedic herbs that help with addressing thyroid problems are –
Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a very widely used herb in Ayurvedic medicine due to its numerous benefits. It has anti-oxidizing properties which calm the brain and strengthen the immune system. It helps relieve symptoms of fatigue and inability to focus, both being indicators of thyroid problems.
Bacopa: Bacopa is a herb that is extremely beneficial for the overall health of the nervous system. It helps you focus better while boosting memory capacity. It also helps in controlling and reducing inflammation.
Black Walnut: Black walnut is rich in magnesium that helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland, a deficiency of which causes thyroid problems.
Bugleweed: A herb that is effective in treating cold and cough, bugleweed also has beneficial effects on the thyroid gland. It is often used as a sedative or an astringent.
Coleus: Coleus is a herb that is rich in anti-oxidants, which help in minimizing free radical damage in the body. It helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland and also helps in the treatment of certain cardiovascular disorders.
Echinacea: A herb that strengthens the immune system of the body, Echinacea plays a vital role in preventing thyroid problems.
My father in-law is a diabetic patient. He has diabetic foot. One month ago he underwent a surgery and his thumb had been amputated. Can he take Oats?
I have done a thyroid test through Lybrate my report is (T3)=123 (T4)=8.1 (TSH)=2.74 THIS IN MY FIRST REPORT DOES THIS REPORT IS NORMAL MY MOM HAVE thyroid BUT THIS REPORT IS MINE.
I having a diabetes and I need to resolve it quickly it ratings are 193 without eating food 253 with eating food So what precautions should be taken by me.
Dear Sir/Madam I would like ask you that after my physician change me the prescription From diabetic drug galvusmet 59/1000 to Glucosphage 850 mg with trajenta I feel symptom of heart rate disorder and high blood pressure he also give me depress drug like Amtriptiplin to make me feel not good. Just I want I ask you can I comeback to use galvusmet 50/1000 mg because I feel good with this medication but if I use it single it can't well control of diabetic which my HB1C around 7.2 so I would like to ask you that which is drug suitable use with Galvusmet? Such as Diamicron or other? Please advice me if I use another medicine with it.
My fasting sugar levels are not below 140 irrespective of diet and medication. .How to control the levels.
For restricting sugar is it okay to consume sugar free tablets or powder with coffee, tea and milk etc.
My daughter has type 1 diabetes, I am little confused what fruits she can eat. Some dietician suggest not to eat fruits like banana, grapes, pomegranate but couple of them suggest to eat all the fruits but in limited quantity. Could you please suggest me best fruits for her?
Is it ok to have blood clots during the initial days of menstruation. .does this affect fertility in any way.
My ankles swell a bit at times but again becomes normal. What could be the reasons? I am non diabetic and pressure is kept under control with medicines like concor 5.
I have heavy scratching on legs sugar remains around 150 fasting have nose polyps and use natural bath soaps. This problen since around 1 month, what medicine can you prescribe.
I have lower respiratory track infection with type 2 respiratory failure, I got admitted in hospital. Now what is type 2? My carbon retention goes upto 89, after incubation now it is 50 with phb 7.41. No diabetes or other problem. TYPE 2 MEANING AND ADVICE ME TO FIGHT WITH COPD.
How to improve healthy sufficient energetically body by filtering the treatment by providing diabetes?
It is necessary to take medicine of diabetes necessary to take medicine of diabetes with insulin's or insulin is sufficient.
Diabetes has always been a mysterious home to many diseases. It reduces quality of erection. However, there are ways you can enhance your love life, by involving some strategies, such as:
- Approach sex like exercise: This helps prevent dreaded blood sugar lows.If you use insulin, check your blood sugar before sex and have a snack if it's low.
- Just go with it: Planning can be helpful, but don't sweat it if sex just happens.There's no reason not to grab the opportunity if it pops up just because you haven't followed your diabetes exercise routine.
- Use a lubricant: If you are a woman with vaginal dryness, a vaginal lubricant can make sex feel better. Ask your doctor about using one regularly, not just during sex.
- Prepare a sex arsenal kit: Keep anything you might need for optimal sex next to the bed.If you're a woman, you may want to have a lubricant in your kit. Feel free to include massage oils.
- Get a room: Treat yourself and your partner to a night at a local hotel.It's a great libido enhancer.Plan it days in advance.It's planning, but it's planning something fun.
- Get in some practice: If you are a man who uses a device like a vacuum pump or constriction band to help with erectile dysfunction, take time to learn how to use it right.
- Creativity is sexy: If you have trouble getting aroused, stretch beyond your go-to bedroom moves. Try out new positions. Explore different ways to climax. Most women don't climax from intercourse alone, anyway. Some men can have an orgasm from prostate stimulation.
- Limit alcohol: A little alcohol may boost your desire, but drinking can also make your blood sugar level drop quickly. If you drink alcohol, you might sip some champagne during intimacy.
- Get help for emotional issues: Depression, anxiety, poor self-image, and other emotional concerns can hurt your sex life. And if you have a partner, sex troubles can put stress on your relationship.
- Relax: How you feel about your diabetes can set the stage for sex. With diabetes, you have to expect the unexpected.
You can think of a formula in your mind for better,increased, steamier sex life.