Doctor in Fortis Hiranandani Hospital Vashi
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Management of Sugar Disorders
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Infection
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Submit a review for Fortis Hiranandani Hospital VashiYour feedback matters!
Immunotherapy which is also known as allergy shots is a type of treatment which has long-term benefits. Immunotherapy helps in reducing the chance of different kinds of allergic issues to develop later in life. The chance of having allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, stinging insect allergy and even conjunctivitis are all diminished with the help of these allergy shots. Allergy shots help your body become immune to different allergens which can later trigger an allergic reaction. Any individual, who notices symptoms for more than 3 months in a year and does not see the medicines make any significant headway, should definitely consider taking immunotherapy.
What is the Immunotherapy Treatment?
The treatment of immunotherapy allows the doctor to inject small doses of whatever substance you are allergic to, also known as allergens, under your skin. This procedure helps your body get used to the allergens which in turn help in reducing the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. For allergy shots, your doctor first carries out a test to determine which allergen is the patient allergic to. The doctor might then use weed, pollen or dust mites, molds and even animal dander as allergy shots.
In the beginning of the treatment, the doctor may give these allergy shots once or twice every week, depending on the need. Once the patient reaches the point of maintenance doses, the same dose is injected in the patient’s body every 2-4 weeks for up to 6 months. Once the 6 month period is also over, the dose is reduced to once a month. A checkup will be done by your allergist after a year to see whether the symptoms have become less severe or not. If there is no remarkable change witnessed then the doctor does not prescribe continuing the same treatment, however, if there is an improvement then you may have to continue taking the shots for up to 3 to 5 years.
Results of the Treatment
There is no definite assurance of being completely cured after taking immunotherapy as the allergy might return for some within a few years. For others at the same time, the allergy might show no sign of returning and the patient can be completely cured. Most of the times, this treatment is absolutely safe when given correctly. However, symptoms of asthma, hives and low blood pressure can be a matter of grave concern as it can be a life-threatening reaction. Emergency care should be provided immediately in such a case.
Migraine is a type of headache and is characterized by headache on one side of the head. In many cases of migraine, the pain is experienced all over the head and not just on one side. The pain is throbbing in nature. Migraine is mostly caused due to excess stress. Going out in the sun, improper sleep, exposure to loud noise and disruption in eating patterns are other common causes, which lead to migraine.
Homeopathic medicines are widely used for treating migraine headaches and provide an effective remedy. Here are some homeopathic medicines used for curing migraines of different types.
This is the best homeopathic medicine for migraine which is accompanied by intense throbbing headache. A sense of fullness is also felt in the head, and the headache worsens when exposed to sunlight. Belladonna is also used for migraines developed due to exposure to cold air or catching a cold.
This form of homeopathic medicine is used for migraines where there is an excessive congestion in the head. The patient might feel that the head would burst, and it seems to be bigger. Heat is felt around the head, and the eyeballs get protruded. Glonoinum is also used to treat migraines, which occur because of long exposure to the sun.
This medicine is very effective for curing migraines felt on the left side of the head or left-sided migraine. The headache is usually located over the left temporal area of the head, forehead and eyes. The patient may have the sensation of a tight band being tied around their head.
This is a perfect homeopathic medicine for treating right sided migraines where the pain and throbbing are felt on the right side of the head. The pain usually starts from the back of the head and settles over the right eye, affecting the entire right side of the head. The medicine is also prescribed in case of headaches, which occur during the morning and increase during the day. Migraines in women after menopause are also cured by this medicine.
This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating migraine where intense nausea, vomiting and acidity are observed. The vomiting is acidic, sour and bitter in taste and a burning sensation in the alimentary canal is also felt.
In case of migraines characterized by gastric problems, this medicine is used. It provides an effective cure for migraines, which occur due to indigestion, constipation and piles. When the migraine worsens after intake of spicy food or alcohol, this medicine provides quick treatment.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for curing migraine headaches and there are medicines for all types of migraines occurring due to different causes.
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.
Being fit is a matter of striking the right balance between one’s diet as well as exercise. There are many kinds of problems that we all face when we do not strike a balance between the two. A flat stomach is a sought after feature in one’s figure. One usually ends up losing a flat stomach when you have weight gain due to pregnancy and the onset of age.
When one wants to get back a flat stomach, there are many measures that one can take because this is a very difficult thing to get back once you have put on weight because you will usually lose weight from the abdomen at the very end. Yet, one does not need to spend many hours in the gym for a flat stomach. You can also do exercises at home in order to get a flat stomach. Read on to know the secret!
- Squats: One can do squats every morning as a part of a warm up before getting into the exercises. Ensure that you hold it for a while before you release and straighten up. You can also do squats while you are standing at the kitchen counter so that you get plenty of exercise with just a few moments of hard work through various times during the day.
- Sit Ups: Sit ups are also a good form of exercise that one can do at home. Along with lunges and squats, you can also do sit ups so that you get a more toned torso with good exercise for your muscles in that area.
- Pike and Stretch: This is another very well known exercise that can easily be done at home. The pike and stretch requires you to lie on a mat, facing upwards. Then, you will have to crunch up and try and touch your toes. The next step is to bring your arms behind your head and keep them straight while you crush up one leg at a time. This should be done at least ten times so that your abs and hips are well worked out.
- The Standing Side Crunch: This crunch can be done with a chair. You need to stand on your left leg and then extend the left arm so that the right foot gets lifted off of the ground level by a few inches. Then, place the right hand behind your head with the elbow bent. After this, you will need to lift the left knee towards the right shoulder. Repeat this at least 15 times for it to show any results on your abs and abdomen area.
- The Plank: This is a very well known move that many people take to. You will have to lie down on a mat and elevate yourself on your elbows. This position will have to be held for as long as possible for maximum effect on the abs, torso, hips and the thighs and legs as well. This exercise is recommended for a flat stomach, more than any other.