Doctor in Shanto Hospital
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Shanto HospitalYour feedback matters!
My grandson aged 13 month is very super active & restless all the time, even in sleep he is just restless. His sleep hour are very less, in night he restless sleep hardly 7/8 hours with 2 or 3 break, and complete his restless sleep. And during day he sleeps 2/3 hours in afternoon with 2 breaks. We are worried is there any medicine/ suggestion to mind at peace. And more peaceful sleep.
My baby is 1 year old and she refuses to take formula milk and cows milk. She is very thin not putting on weight and looks younger than her age.
Hi, I have 1 months baby and I am unable to give my milk to him due to antidepressant medicines. These medicines I started post delivery. According to child specialist I can give my milk by keeping gap of 3 hrs. According to gynac I can't give my milk. Medicines names are olagress md 25, frext 50, clonil 75, loxum2, escigress cz. I am very much confused now. I want to breast feed my child. But I am not sure if it will have impact on my child s brain. Please advise. Thanks.
Hi doctors. My son is 19 months old and yesterday he shared his food and drinks with a cousin who is gluten intolerant. I'm so worried. Is this disease contagious and can be spread through this? please reply. Thank you.
I have baby boy is 7 month old. He is weight 7.7 kg is it normal weight? I feed lactogen 2 milk powder my baby is drink 200 ml milk. How many spoons serve it? Please help me and I am not feed mothers milk.
My daughter is 4 and half years old. By birth she has thyroid problem and she took medicine thyronorm 25 mg till 3 years. Now we test n the result is below T3 107.8 ng/dl T4 6.63 ug/dl TSH 4.28 mIU/L Is this normal. Kindly plse answer.
Hello sir /mam. I am from punjab. 1st may ko meri c section delivery hui hai. Or abhi mera baby 26 days ka hua hai. Pahle wo bilkul thik tha but abhi 5-6 dino se wo bar bar pani sa nikal rha hai. Or pani ke sath sath halki poti bhi kr raha hai. Aisa kyu ho reha hai. Maine apne doctor se pucha tha to unhone kha k chote baby aise hi krte hai. But I am worried .aise to baby me weakness aa jayegi. So please tell me k mujhe kya karna chahiye. Or kya khana chahiye. Because mai baby ko breast feeding karwati hu.
Constipation causes a lot of discomfort to children. A lot of factors are responsible for constipation among children.
Some of them are:
- Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
- Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
- Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
Treatment for constipation in children:
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar. The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
- Dietary Adjustment - Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided.
- Stool softeners and laxatives - The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!