Doctor in Vijan Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Vijan HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Excellent knowledge. Very good time he spends with patients so that we can ask all our questions.
Calcium is known for its role in maintaining the bone health, from keeping your teeth stronger to normal functioning of the cells. But there are various factors, which lead to a deficiency of calcium in the human body and paves the way for several complications.
Here are the top three signs that indicate you are suffering from calcium deficiency.
- Difficulty in sleeping: Sleep is essential for your bone health and calcium is directly associated with your sleep cycle. The level of calcium in your bones rises and falls when you are asleep and it reaches its peak when you are in deep slumber. This indicates that when you are unable to sleep properly, it is a warning sign of calcium deficiency. There are various researches that have confirmed, that by increasing the level of calcium, it is possible to restore the normal sleep cycle of an individual. This is also related to the role that calcium plays in the production of a sleep hormone called melatonin. When the calcium content in the body is really low, this hormone is not produced, thus, making it difficult for a person to sleep.
- Difficulty in losing extra pounds: Yet another frustrating aspect of any individual’s life is the inability to shed off excess pounds. This issue is also linked with the lack of calcium supply in the body. The calcium that’s stored in the cells assists in the processing and storage of fat. So the fat cells with high calcium content burn faster, making you lose weight. Thus, if you have trouble losing weight in spite of having a well-regulated diet and regular workout, it’s a sign that you are suffering from low calcium.
- Paresthesia: Though this ailment is not much heard of, it could be a sign of calcium deficiency. Paresthesia is a nervous disorder, which causes tingling sensation, tremors, numbness and loss of sensitivity. It could also lead to poor concentration, amnesia, confusion, hearing impairment, twitches and other physical as well as neurological impairment. This is because low calcium in the blood is connected with the health of your nerves.
The deficiency of calcium can manifest itself in different intensity, ranging from the non-existent to minimal to severe levels. Chronic calcium deficiency can lead to life-threatening diseases like rickets, osteopenia, and even osteoporosis. Therefore, you shouldn’t ignore these signs and consult an expert without delay.
Life is getting stressful day by day. Food habits are changing and so is the diet pattern. A balanced diet is becoming a highly debatable topic in these tough times. Dinner is the last meal of the day and surprisingly the most neglected one too. Though one may begin the day on a heavy note it is always advisable to end it with a light dinner. If this is not followed, your body may be seriously damaged in the process.
In fact, your body will always react to an over eaten meal, in numerous ways as listed below-
7 times more tendency to put on weight: The human body much like the mind is the most active in the morning and by the time it is night, it tends to slow down. Therefore, eating a large meal for dinner is detrimental to your health as by then the metabolism slows down and the heavy meal eaten by you is not digested rather stored as extra fat.
Heart Rate Rises: One effect of overeating is the rapid rise in the heart rate. The body tries to grapple with the intake of large amount of food and as a result, the heart rate rises sharply and we tend to feel nauseated and uncomfortable.
Reduced Sleep: A heavy meal at night disturbs the sleeping pattern of an individual. The brain receives maximum nourishment during sleep. If you eat a heavy meal, the blood supply to the brain is reduced and it is channelized to the stomach for digestion. Hence when people wake up in the morning they feel stressed out and tired.
Depressed: It may sound incredible, but overeating at night according to doctors is not only a sign of depression, but also manifests the condition. Excess accumulation of fat leads to depression. This phenomenon is more common In women.
Increased Stress: The relation between food and stress has been well established, as people under stress tend to eat more. However, it is also true that overeating at night may trigger stress too. After a bout of overeating, your body tends to feel stressed that is converted into a feeling of sluggishness on the day after. It thus becomes a cycle and the person gets caught in it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Each person has his own individual bathroom habits and it is totally his/ her personal lifestyle that dictates their regular bowel movement. However, having a bowel movement fewer than 3 times in a week would be deemed as constipation and there can be a host of reasons leading to unhealthy poop. Thankfully, there are some foods which can help you have healthy poop without troubling your bowels and some of them are:
- Dried plums: This dry fruit is not just famous for their delicious taste but also for the fact that they contain high amounts of fiber. Fiber is a nutrient that helps in increasing the bulk of the poop and aids them to move along the intestine. Prunes or dried plums are also known to contain fermentable sugars, sorbitol, and fructans which together create a laxative effect.
- Kiwi: There is hardly any individual who doesn’t like kiwis. And the good thing is that kiwis contain a high amount of fiber which keeps the digestive tract clear. It is also rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which make a cupful of kiwi essential to everyday diet.
- Popcorn: It is not just a wonderful afternoon snack but can increase the daily intake of fiber in the diet. It is recommended by experts to replace the evening potato chips with popcorns that would help the body in different ways including easy bowel movement.
- Water: This is quite obvious as water is critical to keep you hydrated and help the poop move easily through the intestine. An individual who is even a bit dehydrated would have harder poop which becomes difficult to pass. It is therefore very important to drink 8 to 10 glassful of water every day.
- Flaxseeds: If someone can manage to eat a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a day, then the body gets 2 grams of fiber. This may sound inadequate, but it really helps in bowel movement. The best thing about flaxseeds is that one can add them in yoghurt, smoothie, salads or evening snacks. It is important to note here that one should not eat flaxseeds as a whole as the human digestive system is not able to digest it. It is important to either ground it or purchase them pre-ground to reap the benefits of flaxseeds.
- Oranges: Having a large, juicy orange in place of a glassful of orange juice can aid the digestive tract to pass the stool. One big orange can offer 4 grams of fiber in exchange of 86 calories. Plus, it is known to contain flavonols which help in treating constipation.
- Oatmeal: The best thing about oatmeal is that equal amounts of soluble and insoluble fibers. The function of insoluble fiber is to add bulk to the stool and help in passing it out quickly while the work of the soluble fiber is to dissolve in the water for formation of a gel-like substance making it easier to pass.
Try these foods today to have a healthy stool and eliminate problems of constipation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cotton swabs or cotton buds, are commonly used in our daily lifestyle. Many people use it for various purposes, such as make-up, bacterial culture, and most commonly for extracting wax and debris from the ear. Even though they are sometimes handy in our busy schedule, they usually cause much more harm than benefits.
How are they misused?
Cotton buds are toothpick like pieces made of wood, plastic, or rolled paper, which have cotton stuck at both ends with a roundish edge. It came into existence during the 1920s for a safe purpose of ear cleaning by Leo Gerstenzang, when he saw his wife cleaning their baby’s ear with a toothpick. They are until now used by the general population for ear cleaning, but these hardly remove the outer debris which are stuck near the outer edges. Impressing it inside the ear canal only does further damage, by forcing the inner wax further inside Sometimes extensive force also causes damage to the ear drums.
How does it cause the damage?
Applying a tool like the cotton bud inside the ear with hands usually creates a force that impresses upon the eardrum, also accumulating the surrounding earwax to that area, resulting in impaction of the wax. The force applied most often, if not always, causes a damage to the ear drums, which might cause severe pain, also leading to leakage, causing improper balance, deafness, and certain similar abnormalities.
Although we are worried about cleaning our ears, it doesn’t really require our notice, since our usual showers allow an adequate quantity of water to enter the ears and clean the accumulated debris automatically. The structure, in which our ear canal is designed, is usually naturally assisting in cleaning up the unusual wax around the ear.
If there is an uncontrollable build up of earwax that is not cleaned off normally, you can always consult an ENT or any general physician and get it cleaned under medical surveillance, which is best advised.
Doctors and medical practitioners all around the world have been trying to spread the message of preventing the use of cotton buds for ear cleaning. It is important that the message reach the greater part of the population. Spread it to your family, your closest friends, their friends, and as further, you can reach!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Paracetamol is one of the most commonly consumed medicine to deal with minor pain, body ache, headache, fever etc. It can also be used for getting temporary relief from arthritis pain. This is readily available over the counter and can be obtained without a prescription. The dosage is available in the form of syrup, powder, solution, tablet, suspension, suppository etc.
Considerations to make before consuming paracetamol:
The risk of the medicine must be considered before consuming it. The health care professional should be reported for any allergy related problems. For a person facing allergy, one should carefully read the label before consuming it. Interaction of 2 paracetamol can prove to be fatal sometimes. The dosage, therefore, of these medicines should be consulted with the doctor. This being said, there are certain medicines which act best when they are consumed together. The outcome of the effect is based on the disease one is facing. The effectivity of this medicine can get influenced if the patient has a history of abusing alcohol, suffered from liver and kidney diseases in the past etc.
Proper use of paracetamol:
Paracetamol should be consumed with care. Prolonged consumption can damage the liver. The maximum dosage of this medicine should not exceed 3k milligrams in a day. This can be consumed before or after the consumption of food. Paracetamol in the form of syrup should be shaken well before use. There should be a minimum time span of 4-6 hours between two dosages of paracetamol. In the case of a missed dosage, the medicine should be taken as early as possible. It does not prove to be fatal in case a dosage is missed. Finally, it should be ensured that paracetamol is stored at room temperature and freezing is avoided.
It is of utmost importance to check the progress of the patient in case one is consuming paracetamol. During the process of consuming paracetamol, symptoms such as dark urine, stomach ache, nausea, weakness etc should be immediately reported to the stomach. For patients suffering from diabetes, any drastic change in the blood sugar level due to the consumption of paracetamol should be immediately reported to the doctor.
Certain rare side-effects of paracetamol include lower back pain, bruising, fever, cloudy urine, tarry stools, yellowish skin, bruising, skin rash, itching etc. Some common symptoms of overdosage of paracetamol include increased sweating, tenderness, swelling and pain in the lower abdomen area, vomiting and nausea, diarrhea, appetite loss, increased thrust etc. If any of these symptoms are faced during the consumption of paracetamol are reported, a healthcare professional should be immediately consulted to avoid any further complication. Frequent usage should also be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
The gall bladder is a very small organ located behind the liver. This organ stores the bile created by the liver and releases it whenever needed. We rarely pay attention to this organ until there is a problem and most gallbladder related problems are very painful. Unknowingly you may be harming your gall bladder by eating certain types of food like red meats and saturated fats. On the other hand, eating some types of food can improve your gall bladder health. Some such foods are:
- Fiber-rich foods: Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of fiber and a must in a balanced diet. Fiber helps keep the gall bladder healthy and also helps prevent gallstones from developing. An easy way to add more fibre to your diet is to incorporate a salad with your lunch and dinner.
- Water: Water not only helps hydrate the body but also helps maintain the water levels required in bile. Ideally, a person should drink 8 glasses of water a day. This should not all be drunk at one time but should be spaced out through the day. Drinking too much water at one time will result in the body expelling it in the form of urine instead of absorbing it.
- Foods rich in Pectin: Pectin is a dietary fiber that binds cholesterol in the stomach and helps in its removal from the body. Since cholesterol is one of the major causes for gall stones, eating pectin-rich foods helps reduce the risk of gallstones. Some foods that are rich in pectin include citrus fruits, strawberries and apples.
- Flaxseeds: Eating just one tablespoon of flax seeds a day can boost your health in a number of ways. One of the many benefits of including flaxseeds in your diet is a healthy gall bladder. Flax seeds contain mucilaginous fiber or fiber that forms a gel. This type of fiber aids in the liver’s synthesis of bile acids and thus keeps the gall bladder healthy.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Not all fats are bad for the body. Omega three fatty acids play an important role in producing anti-inflammatory compounds. Some rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids include olive oil, avocados and flax seeds.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits are very rich in vitamins like vitamin C. a deficiency of this particular vitamin can cause gall stones. For this reason, eat plenty of citrus fruits and other fruits and vegetables such as bell peppers and broccoli that are rich in vitamin C. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.