Doctor in Samarth Sai Maternity Hospital
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Samarth Sai Maternity HospitalYour feedback matters!
मछली का तेल उन औषधीय पदार्थों में से है जिनका बहुत ज्यादा इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. मछली की तरह ही मछली का तेल भी बहुउपयोगी है. यह खाने में बेहद स्वादिष्ट और स्वास्थ्य के लिए अत्यंत लाभकारी होती है. आप चाहें तो मछली के तेल के कैप्सूल का सेवन भी कर सकते हैं. मछली के तेल के कैप्सूल को व्यापक रूप से कॉड, हलिबूट, हेरिंग, सैल्मन, माइलेट, मैकेरल, ट्यूना, ब्लूफ़िश, सार्डिन, ट्राउट, व्हेल ब्लबर आदि मछलियों के तेल से बने सप्लीमेंट में इस्तेमाल किये जाते हैं. मछली के तेल में ओमेगा-3 फैटी एसिड जैसे डकोसाहेक्साइनाइक एसिड और एकोसैपेंटेनोइक एसिड, विटामिन, खनिज, प्रोटीन और अन्य महत्वपूर्ण पोषक तत्व मौजूद होते हैं. इसके अलावा, मछली के तेल में अल्फा-लिनोलेनिक एसिड और गामा-लिनोलेनिक एसिड होते हैं, जो हमारे स्वास्थ्य के लिए बहुत ही अच्छा होता है.
1. गठिया के लिए
मछली का तेल गठिया, रेनॉड के लक्षण और इसी जैसी अन्य समस्याओं के उपचार में उपयोगी होता है. ऑस्टियोआर्थराइटिस के मामलों में, मछली का तेल एंजाइमों के प्रभाव को कम करने में मदद कर सकता हैं जो कार्टिलेज को नष्ट करते हैं. इससे आप अपनी हड्डियों को स्वस्थ रख सकते हैं. यह वयस्कों में ऑस्टियोपोरोसिस या कमजोर हड्डियों के इलाज में मददगार है. यह बोन डेंसिटी को बढ़ाकर हड्डियों और उनके ऊतकों में मौजूद खनिज की मात्रा को नियंत्रित करता.
2. ध्यान की कमी और अवसाद को दूर करे
मछली का तेल अटेंशन डेफिसिट हाइपरएक्टिविटी डिसऑर्डर के इलाज में उपयोगी है. बच्चों में सक्रियता की कमी, डिस्लेक्सिया, डिस्पेराक्सिया, कार्यों को पूरा करने में असमर्थता, भावनात्मक अस्थिरता, निराशाजनक रवैया, अधिक समय तक ध्यान न लगा पाना, कमजोर मेमोरी, कम एकाग्रता, दूसरों को बाधित करने की प्रवृत्ति, लापरवाही, उतावली, उत्तेजना, आवेग, कम बुद्धि या सीखने संबंधी विकार आदि के लिए ये एक बहुत ही अच्छा उपाय है. यह तेल ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड के कारण अवसाद, उदासी, चिंता, बेचैनी, मानसिक थकान, तनाव, यौन इच्छा, आत्मघाती प्रवृत्ति और अन्य तंत्रिका संबंधी विकारों से राहत पाने के लिए बहुत ही लाभकारी होता है.
3. हृदय स्वास्थ्य के लिए
मछली का तेल ओमेगा -3 का एक बड़ा स्रोत है और इसलिए यह हृदय रोगों के जोखिम को कम करता है. यह खराब कोलेस्ट्रॉल के स्तर को भी कम करता है और अच्छे कोलेस्ट्रॉल के स्तर को बढ़ाता है. मछली का तेल ट्राइग्लिसराइड्स को बनने से रोकता है और अतिरिक्त ट्राइग्लिसराइड्स के स्तर को कम करता है. मछली के तेल कोरोनरी रोगियों में एथेरोस्क्लेरोसिस को रोकने के लिए मछली का तेल इस्तेमाल किया जा सकता है. मछली का तेल स्ट्रोक को रोककर उच्च रक्तचाप के स्तर को भी कम कर सकता है. ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड रक्त वाहिकाओं को फैलाने में मदद मिलती है.
4. प्रतिरक्षा को मजबूत करने में
मछली के तेल का नियमित रूप से सेवन से आप सामान्य बीमारियां जैसे सर्दी, खांसी और फ्लू आदि का सामना कर सकते हैं. मछली के तेल में मौजूद ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड हमारे शरीर में मौजूद साइटोकिन्स और ईकोसोनोइड की गतिविधि को प्रभावित करके प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मजबूत करता है. मछली का तेल पशुओं के विकास में भी सहायता करता है.
5. बालों के विकास में
मछली का तेल बालों की चमक बनाए रखने में मदद मिलती है क्योंकि इसमें मौजूद ओमेगा -3 के गुण रोम छिद्रों को पोषण प्रदान करते हैं. यह बालों के विकास में सहायक होता है और साथ ही बालों के झड़ने को रोकने में सहायता करता है. बालों के विकास के लिए प्रोटीन भी आवश्यक होता है और अधिकांश मछली की किस्मों में प्रोटीन होता है जिससे बालों को स्वस्थ रखने में मदद मिलती है.
6. मधुमेह और मधुमेह के लिए
टाइप-2 मधुमेह के रोगियों में कोरोनरी हृदय रोग, एथेरोस्लेरोसिस और स्ट्रोक जैसे हृदय रोग होने की संभावना होती है. मधुमेह के रोगियों में ट्राइग्लिसराइड स्तर को कम करने में मछली का तेल उपयोगी है. मछली के तेल में मौजूद ईपीए और डीएएचए फैटी एसिड, नॉनटेरायडियल एंटी-इन्फ्लोमैट्री ड्रग्स के कारण अल्सर को ठीक करने में सहायक होता है.
7. वजन कम करने के लिए
एक शोध से पता चला है कि मछली का तेल वजन कम करने के मदद करता है. मछली के तेल में ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड होता है, जो वजन घटाने को बढ़ावा देने में मदद करता है और इसलिए फिजिकल वर्कआउट और मछली के तेल के सेवन का संयोजन शरीर की वसा को कम करने में बहुत तेजी से मदद करता है.
8. अल्जाइमर का इलाज
मछली का तेल आवश्यक फैटी एसिड के सर्वोत्तम स्रोतों में से एक है जो अल्जाइमर रोग के उपचार में मदद करते हैं. अल्जाइमर एसोसिएशन ने मछली के सेवन की सलाह दी है जिसमें ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड की उच्च सामग्री होती है क्योंकि यह अल्जाइमर रोग और मनोभ्रंश के इलाज के लिए लाभकारी होता है.
9. गर्भावस्था में सहायक
इसमें मौजूद डोकोसाफेक्सॅयेनायिक एसिड के कारण यह गर्भ में बच्चों के आंखों और दिमाग के विकास में मदद करता है. यह समय से पहले जन्म, जन्म के समय कम वजन और गर्भपात से बचने में भी मदद करता है. कम मात्रा में मछली का सेवन करने से, समय से पहले जन्म, जन्म के समय कम वजन और गर्भपात होने का खतरा हो सकता है.
10. आँखों के लिए
हम सभी जानते हैं कि मछली के तेल में दृष्टि सुधार करने की क्षमता होती है. यह आयु से संबंधित धब्बेदार अध: पतन से बचने में भी मदद करता है. इसलिए आँखों के स्वास्थ्य के लिए आप मछली के तेल का सेवन कर सकते हैं.
Homeopathy can be very helpful when there is a natural disaster, such as a hurricane, a tornado, an earthquake, flooding, and fires. The person may be experiencing fright, panic, injury, shock, loss of loved ones, loss of a home and more.
It is looking at the disaster as an acute situation, and addressing the person for what they are experiencing now from the disaster. The disaster may exasperate someone’s present health concerns, or be a trigger for a health concern that develops later. Often people say, I was never well since this happened, or these symptoms started when my house burned down, for example. Homeopathy is helpful for right when the disaster is occurring, and for later on. For later on, I would suggest seeing a homeopath. And if you help yourself now, you maybe helping yourself to not develop something in the future.
Some Homeopathic Remedies
Here are a few homeopathic remedies that are helpful when the person is going through the disaster. The reaction can be emotional or a first aid injury. I have given a short description for each homeopathic remedy. Observe how you or your loved one feel, and match it to the description. I have given remedies for trauma, anxiousness, sprains, and digestive issues. This information applies to one’s pets too. If you don’t see anything that is helpful, you may want to google what is bothering you and homeopathy, if you have access to a computer.
- ACONITE – feeling very fearful, anxious and panicky after the shock and occurrence of the disaster, or during the disaster. Cannot calm down. Feels terrified and restless. May have particular fear of death, and even predicting that they will die. Sleep is restless, tossing and turning, waking up feeling very fearful. Symptoms come on suddenly.
- ARNICA MONTANA – for body injury, shock from an injury, or just shock from the trauma of the disaster. Person feels sore, bruised, and will say “I am fine”, even though they are not. They don’t like to be touched.
- IGNATIA – grief from loss: loss of home, possessions, loved ones. Crying or whimpering in sleep. Frequent sighing and yawning, while awake.
- RHUS TOX – sprain and strain after heavy physical work, when the person has not limbered up. Pains are worse when beginning to move, feels better once moving, like a “rusty gate”. Acts on torn ligaments and tendons. Use after ARNICA. Joint is hot, swollen and painful.
- RUTA GRAV – use if Rhus tox fails. Torn and wrenched tendons or ligaments. Bruised periosteum (bone covering). Especially good for stiff, sore wrists, ankles, or knees. Dislocation of joints, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder. Use after ARNICA.
- ARSENICUM ALBUM – food poisoning, after eating bad fruit, fish or meat. Worse at night with much tossing and turning. May have vomiting and diarrhea at the same time. Chilly, restless, anxious. Weak. Feeling of panic – “will I live?” Needs some reassurance, yet not easily reassured. Thirsty for sips of water or warm drinks.
- NUX VOMICA – wants to vomit, but cannot. Chilly and intensely irritable. Overeating. And over use of food, liquor, work.
Using Homeopathic Remedies
A 30C or 200C potency would be good. Use what you have available – 6C, 12C, 12X, 30X.
What is proprioception?
Proprioception is the sense of knowing where your body part is in space.
- This can be a difficult concept to grasp until you lose it, because so much proprioception occurs subconsciously.
- Your proprioception capabilities can be impaired when joints are injured, such as with ligament sprains. When you lose proprioception of your joint after a sprain, you may experience an unstable sensation of the joint. Your joint may even give-out.
- The most common symptom of reduced proprioception is poor balance. In this respect, most people can understand the concept that poor balance can be a result of poor proprioception. However, even your spinal posture has a proprioception component telling you whether or not you are sitting or standing upright. Good posture, for example, could be thought of as perfect spinal balance!
- Every injury has the potential to decrease your proprioception and subsequently your balance. However, you can quickly improve both your proprioception and balance with proprioception and balance exercises. That's where your physiotherapist is an expert and can help you.
What are proprioception / balance exercises?
Proprioceptive and balance exercises teach your body to control the position of a deficient or an injured joint. An common example of a proprioceptive or balance exercise is the use of a balance or wobble board after an ankle sprain.
The unpredictable movements of the balance board re-educates your body to quickly react to the wobbly movements without having to think about these movements.
That is, your natural balance and proprioceptive reactions that we are attempting to retrain make the transition from a conscious to a subconscious state. A quality subconscious proprioception and balance system is important in everyday life and particularly in sport.
Elite athletes are not thinking about how to stay balanced as they pass or kick a ball. That all happens automatically behind the scenes. The best athletes can then elevate their performance by focusing on what they plan to do with the ball and performing that match winning skill rather than wasting their mental power on just staying upright.
How does your proprioception or balance improve?
Proprioception exercises are designed to improve your proprioception feedback circle.
In simple terms, your brain sends electrical contract or relax messages to your muscles. Your joint movement response is detected by your sensory nervous systemand reported back to your brain for fine tuning and improvement with repetition of the process.
In other words, perfect practise will eventually mean proprioception perfection.
There are hundreds of injury specific proprioception and balance exercises whether your injury is your shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle or spine.
It is best to see your trusted physiotherapist to ensure you are doing the right things at the right time and not disrupting tissue repair. It is possible to commence advanced proprioception or balance exercises too early, which can be detrimental to your rehabilitation outcome.
Our brain is made of 75% water. It seems therefore logical that dehydration may have an impact on cognitive functions and mood.
- Several studies, performed in healthy persons, looked at the effects of induced dehydration on cognitive performance and motor function: fatigue, mood, choice reaction time, short- and long-term memory, attention, arithmetics…
- It appears that a 2% dehydration is sufficient to impair functions and performances.Some studies have suggested that adverse effects may even be present at 1% dehydration.
- Young children and adolescents, in particular, may be at risk of impaired cognitive function (concentration, alertness and short-term memory) due to insufficient hydration
The kidneys make urine, which is a fluid through which wastes from the body including urea are eliminated from the body. There are two kidneys on the right and left side, which make urine, and pass it down to the bladder through tubes known as ureter. The bladder acts as a reservoir of the urine that is formed in the kidneys. It is stored temporarily there before being excreted out of the body through the urethra. The urinary bladder is a highly muscular organ and has a rich connective tissue.
Interstitial cystitis (IC) or painful bladder syndrome (PBS) is a very common condition, which affects females more than males. While the exact etiology is not known, it could be age-related and also lifestyle related. People who are used to controlling the urge to pass urine are highly likely to develop this condition. The simple logic is that there is additional pressure on the bladder from the urine that is contained for longer period of time. As such, the muscular wall stretches and begins to feel stressed.
When this habit continues over a period of time, the bladder wall may become irritated or inflamed or even scarred in severe cases. There is no role of bacteria in this condition, and antibiotics are of no help in managing this condition (though the name cystitis usually indicates infection).
The following symptoms are seen as a result of this constant irritation and inflammation.
- One may suffer from pain and pressure in the bladder as it continues to collect more and more urine.
- This pressure in the bladder also puts pressure on the surrounding tissues in the abdomen including the pelvis, urethra, abdominal organs, uterus, etc.
- Women may experience pain in the vaginal tract including vulva and behind the vagina.
- Men may experience pain in the area of the scrotum, testicles, prostate, and penis.
- There is an increased urge to urinate, which may be as much as 9 to 10 times a day. As the condition progresses, there could be more visits, as many as 40 to 50 visits a day.
- This tendency and urge to urinate increases during nighttime.
- For women, this urge to urinate and other symptoms including pain are worse during menstruation.
- There could be pain during intercourse for both men and women.
- There could be pain even otherwise, which can range from a mild dull ache to a piercing pain.
- At a structural level, this constant pressure leads to pinpoint bleeding (glomerulations) and sometimes even ulcers in the bladder wall.
There is no definitive treatment for IC or PBS. However, bladder distention and instillation are proven methods of increasing bladder capacity, which therefore helps in relieving symptoms.
How to treat vaginal dryness?
Production of estrogen slows down and eventually stops during menopause. Quite a few changes take place when this happens. Often these changes are unwelcome. Irregular menstruation happens and finally stops. Mood swings, hot flashes, increased facial hair and deepening of the voice may happen as well. Another common menopause symptom is vaginal dryness, as it affects one third of all women. Any age group can experience vaginal dryness due to various factors. It may initially appear to be just an irritation, but reduced vaginal moisture may adversely affect sexual performance. Thankfully, multiple treatment options are available for relieving vaginal dryness.
Vaginal dryness caused by reduced estrogen levels can be easily treated by applying topical estrogen. It compensates for the body’s reduced estrogen production.
Three common vaginal estrogen types used by most women are:
- Estrogen tablet: Disposable applicators can be used for inserting a tablet inside the vagina, once daily during the initial two weeks or so of treatment. The dosage is reduced to twice weekly till it is no longer needed.
- Estrogen Cream: An applicator can be used to apply the cream inside the vagina. Usually the cream is used daily for up to two weeks and then the frequency is reduced to thrice weekly or as recommended by the doctor.
- Estrogen Ring: It can be inserted by your doctor or you in the vagina. It is a flexible and soft ring that steadily releases an estrogen stream directly into the vaginal tissues. The ring has to be discarded and replaced with a new one after three months.
To keep the lubrication in the vagina constant, one can use vaginal moisturizers. These can be bought from a supermarket or at a drugstore, however, bubble baths, douches, lotions and scented soaps should be avoided. Such products may increase vaginal dryness.
However, topical estrogen should be avoided by women:
1. Who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, more so when they are using aromatase inhibitors.
2. Who have had/have endometrial cancer
3. Who suffer from vaginal bleeding, the cause of which cannot be identified
4. Who are breastfeeding or are pregnant
Menstrual cramps that occur during menstruation cycle can impair your regular activities. The menstrual cramps, also called dysmenorrhea, are caused by the uterine contractions. The intensity of the pain that a woman feels can be related to the woman’s prostaglandin glands. Those who are with elevated levels of prostaglandin suffer from intense than those with lesser levels.
Though the menstrual cramps are harmless, they do get unmanageable at times. Like dealing with any other pain, a relief becomes necessary. Several remedies and treatments are available to reduce menstrual cramps, and some of them are listed below.
- An Improved Diet: The easiest way that you can adopt to tackle menstrual cramps is to improve your diet. You must reduce consuming fats and turn to vegetables as your primary food. Low-fat diet always helps to decrease the overall inflammation in your body. Its effects on menstrual cramps have also been noticed. Thus, it is beneficial to stop consuming saturated unhealthy fats and start consuming unsaturated healthy fats.
- A Painkiller is Effective: The most popular remedy for pain has always been a painkiller. Though treating your menstrual cramps with pills is rare, but a safe painkiller with no steroids can seal the deal. However, as it with any medicine, consult your doctor before consuming any.
- Tea: Just plain tea or herbal teas can be helpful to reduce the menstrual cramps. Though the research on this particular relief method is extremely scarce, it is a traditional remedy and has been giving some refuge to women under cramps. Tea with cramp barks and tea with peppermint oil are a few of the most popular home remedies to manage the pain.
- Fish Oil and Vitamin B1: Fish oil supplements and vitamin B1 has been proved to be useful in treating menstruation cramps. A study published in September 2014 in Global Journal of Health Science showed that women who were consuming fish oil supplements or Vitamin B1 or both showed reduced effects on cramps than the women who didn’t take any. Moreover, consumption of fish oil supplements or vitamin B1 or both disappeared the cramps faster than usual.
- Essential Oil Massage: A study published in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research in May 2012, showed that a massage with aromatic essential oil over the abdominal region, both upper and lower, helped to reduce the pain and the cramps. Take a few drops of the oil and massage frequently over the course of your period, and it will provide you with some relief.
- Hot Pad: Perhaps the most followed remedy to menstrual cramps is the hot pad. Curl up with a hot pad over your lower abdomen, and it is sure to give you relief. This is great for minor cramps.
Traditional and home remedies provide relief in most cases. However, if the pain is unbearable and occurs along with vomiting or other problems, visiting your gynecologist is advised.
Every person is familiar with the remark “Stop fidgeting” but does anybody ever wonder why do humans fidget? Is there any scientific reason for such an action? This article shall inform the reader about the underlying cause for what is known as fidgeting.
Fidgeting and its underlying cause
- Scientific research has revealed that fidgeting has many benefits still most people get annoyed when they see another person twitching and tapping. Most people do this seemingly without any control over their movement when they are ordered to be still. Research shows that there is at least one biological reason to back this action.
- Since the same brain area is used for movement and speech, it is only natural that gestures are interlinked with thorough preparation for a speech. People tend to move their hands more when they are looking for a word to say but are not being able to find it. In a recent study, it was found that school children between the ages of 6-8 years who use their hands a lot can come up with the right answers during lessons.
- While this is one theory, another neurological theory suggests that a portion of the mental load is offloaded through the process of fidgeting when people have to tackle complex problems or thoughts. The theory is called cognitive load hypothesis. The offloading mechanism frees up the mental faculties thus devoting them to the mental process. While this may not be a definitive explanation for fidgeting, it does go to show that there is a link between a person’s hand movements and their thought and speech process.
Other reasons for fidgeting
- Other than the cognitive advantages, some evidence has also been found linking fidgeting with metabolism. People who fidget are found to have a higher metabolism and lower BMI. This difference can be seen between thin and overweight people. Fidgeting amidst lollygagging during the day helps burn up to 350 calories a day. Also, fidgeting among other incidental physical activity helps keep an individual fit.
- Among other reasons, fidgeting also serves as a coping mechanism for people with ADD. If a person is engaged in something that he/she is not interested in then the additional sensory-motor input that is even slightly stimulating or entertaining helps the brain to get completely engaged. This helps to maintain focus on the actual activity being performed by the individual.
- So, fidgeting helps distract that part of the brain that is getting bored. This helps the other parts of the brain focus better on the actual activity. This is known as floating attention which perhaps is an evolutionary trait that dates back to prehistoric times. In those times, the ability to focus entirely on a task with undivided attention was not favorable to the human since doing so could make them unaware of the enormous ravenous beast hiding behind the bushes.
Thus, though there is some degree of understanding is there when it comes to fidgeting, more research studies are required to gain further insight.
June 14, is celebrated around the world as the World Blood Donor Day every year. The event, established in 2004, helps raise awareness about the need for safe blood and blood products like platelets. This day is observed to thank all the blood donors worldwide for their voluntary, life-saving gift of blood.
Why should you donate blood?
You may not know this but blood donation by just 1% of the population can meet a nation’s requirements for blood. Blood transfusion can save lives and improves health this is a fact that we all know and acknowledge, but many patients requiring transfusion do not get timely access to safe blood, resulting in preventable death.
You would not wish such a death on our near and dear ones, would you?
This is the reason why healthy, voluntary donors like you and us must donate blood regularly. Voluntary, unpaid blood donors are also the backbone of a country’s blood donor base as they are the safest group of donors with the lowest prevalence of blood borne infections like hepatitis and HIV. Low risk populations are people who do not indulge in high-risk activities like unprotected sex, drug use etc. The World Health Organization’s goal is for all countries to obtain their entire blood supplies through voluntary unpaid donors.
Blood transfusion is needed for:
- Women with complications during pregnancy, like ectopic pregnancies, also called high-risk pregnancies, and hemorrhage before, during or after childbirth
- Anaemic children due to malaria or malnutrition
- People with severe trauma due to accidents and natural disasters
- Complex medical and surgical procedures like for cancer
- Regular blood transfusions for people with conditions such as thalassaemia and sickle cell anemia, a disease where the blood can’t transmit enough oxygen to body cells.
- To make products such as clotting factors for people with haemophilia
- Fresh blood is needed all the time because blood can be stored for only a limited time before use.
Hence, regular blood donations by an optimum number of blood donors who are healthy are required to ensure that safe blood is available whenever and wherever it is needed.
- Indeed, blood is the most precious gift that you can give to another person. It’s a gift of life.
- Your decision to donate your blood can save a life, or even several lives. This can happen if your blood is separated into its components like red blood cells, platelets and plasma. These can be used individually for patients with specific conditions like platelets can be used for treating dengue because this viral infection can damage one’s blood platelets.
Need another reason to donate blood?
Well, you can get a number of health benefits when you donate blood. You will receive a mini physical at the time of blood donation to check your:
• Haemoglobin levels
• Blood pressure
• Body temperature
And contrary to belief, your body replaces the blood lost at the time of a donation effortlessly and without any harm to your system. So donate blood regularly and save lives.
This is a condition in which women are unable to climax in spite of adequate sexual stimulation. It is a common condition that affects a significant number of women. Female orgasms vary in several ways; it may differ in intensity or duration. The symptoms of anorgasmia are mainly the delay in attaining orgasms or the inability to orgasm.
What are the types of anorgasmia?
- Acquired anorgasmia- In this type, orgasms have been attained before, but due to some factors, have stopped now.
- Lifelong anorgasmia- Orgasms have never been felt.
- Situational anorgasmia- Here, you may be able to orgasm in certain situations alone. Like in a certain position, or oral sex or with a particular person only. Most women cannot orgasm to vaginal stimulation alone.
- Generalised anorgasmia- In this, you are unable to climax in any situation or with any partner
What causes this?
Orgasms is a very complex process. It takes a combination of physical, psychological and emotional factors to reach an orgasm. So, if any of the above mentioned is compromised, it can lead to temporary or permanent anorgasmia. The several factors that can typically cause anorgasmia are:
- Medical diseases- Diseases such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis can lead to anorgasmia
- Medications- Medicines such as anti-depressants, anti-histamines, cardio-vascular medications can interfere with orgasms
- Smoking and Alcohol- Alcohol can lead to the inability to climax, whereas smoking cigarettes limits blood flow and has a similar effect.
- Gynaecologic issues- Surgeries such as hysterectomy or cancer surgeries can hamper with the ability to achieve orgasms.
- Poor body image
- Anxiety or depression
- Financial issues and stress
- Fear or Sexually Transmitted Diseases or pregnancy
- Past emotional or sexual abuse
- Fights or conflicts in the relationship
- No attraction toward the partner
- Lack of connection
- Poor connection with partner regarding sexual needs
How to treat it?
After you consult your sexologist, he might suggest you sex therapy or cognitive behavioural therapy. You may also seek couple therapies. Women can also try increased stimulation. Most women have a hard time achieving orgasms via vaginal stimulation. You can try clitoral stimulation or other positions that may benefit and increase the chances of achieving an orgasm.