Doctor in ARHAM RHEUMATOLOGY CENTER
Submit a review for ARHAM RHEUMATOLOGY CENTERYour feedback matters!
Superb clinic and amazing doctor. Explained realy well
Arthritis is a painful joint condition that leads to pain and stiffness as well as lack of proper mobility due to inflammation and swelling. Usually, an orthopaedic specialist will prescribe anti-inflammatory and pain relieving medication for this condition, but there are various things that you can do to ensure that this condition does not become a debilitating one in the long run. One of the best ways of doing this is by limiting your diet in certain ways when it comes to inflammation producing food.
- Fried food: Fried and processed food is packed with too much of salt in order to better preserve it so that it has longer shelf life. Also, the use of oil in order to deep fry can have a detrimental effect on the inflammation that is already causing problems for your joints. Therefore, it is best to avoid fried, fatty and processed or packaged food that has been frozen for too long.
- AGEs: When we speak of AGEs, we are not talking about the number of birthdays that you have celebrated. AGEs are actually Advanced Glycation End products that are a toxin released by food when it is heated, grilled, fried or pasteurised. These toxins can render damage to the proteins in your body. Once this process starts, the body retaliates by sending forth cytokines which are basically inflammatory messengers. This can lead to inflammation and arthritis.
- Sugar: Sugar and other refined carbs also have a large amount of AGEs as discussed above. These types of food should also be avoided by patients suffering from arthritis. Also, artificially sweetened drinks and too many baked goodies should be avoided by these patients.
- Dairy products: Owing to a certain kind of protein that most dairy products contain, these kinds of food are considered harmful for patients of arthritis. These proteins can encourage inflammation and irritation of the tissue that surrounds your joints. Switching to a vegan diet is considered helpful for arthritis patients.
- Alcohol: Excessive drinking is a major problem that can aggravate your arthritis situation. Smoking and drug abuse also leads to such problems. Drinking excessively can lead to the development of gout.
- Corn oil: This kind of oil is a part of most packaged, processed and fried food. It also leads to inflammation. Arthritis patients should switch to omega fatty three oils which can be found in fish.
Taking care of your body is a matter of maintaining a good diet with lots of activity that will be congenial for your condition. This will also help in keeping the painful symptoms of arthritis away.
Mother tinctures for rheumatoid arthritis
Azadiracta indica q- rheumatic pain in lower extremities. Burning of the sole or palm. Numbness associated with rheumatic pain. Forgetfulness and depression. Thirstlessnesss. Soreness marked in the left side of throat. Fever with chill or without chill from 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm. Sweat on upper part of body but no sweat in the lower part
Belladonna q- in stiffness and acute affections when the pains come and go like electric shocks, worse on touch and movement
Calotropis gigantea q- indicated for chronic rheumatism. Crampy pain in the centre of the right palm while grasping any object which lasts for many days. Pain in the wrist joint aggravates on movement. Swelling with soreness of left foot which compels the patient to move always in the bed. Pain aggravates on rest and is relieved by taking coffee.
Curcuma longa q- a specific remedy for acute rheumatism
Eupatorium perfoliatum q- aching in bones of extremities with soreness of flesh. Pain in arms and wrist. Swelling of left great toe
Gaultheria oil- useful for pain due to rheumatic arthritis
Ginseng q- for rheumatism, lumbago and sciatica. Joints become stiff and contracted and there is an increase of urine
Guaicum q- inflammatory rheumatism. It is useful in chronic rheumatism of the upper extremities and in lumbago after abuse of mercury or dependent on syphilis
Hydrophilia sphinosa q- a specific remedy for acute rheumatism
Hymosa q- in acute febrile stage. It neutrilises the acidity of blood, removes deposites from joints and cures all disorders due to the disease
Mimosa humilis q- lancinations in legs and arms. Numbness of arm and right hand, ceasing on movement. Inflammatory swelling of left hand. Swelling of left ankle with redness, tension and pain.
Passiflora incarnata q- reduce rheumatic pain and induce sleep
Propylaminum q- palliates fever and pain in a day or two in acute rheumatism. Rheumatic pains change their place especially in heart lesions. Pain in wrist and ankles, worse by least motion. Fingers cannot hold things. Tingling and numbness of fingers
Rhamnus cal. Q- for muscular pain and rheumatism. There is constipation
Stellaria media q- chronic rheumatic pains
Tinospora cordifolia q- acute rheumatism with fever.
Urtica urens q- pain in ankles and wrist
Viscum album q- rheumatism of joints of gonorrhoeal origin, especially in women.
Total knee replacement is arguably one of the most successful of Orthopaedic surgeries. The success has been documented at various scientific platforms and Journals.
However there are still many myths in the mind of the lay person who is suffering from this crippling problem and prevents them from getting treated for the same.
- Myth : Everyone suffers from Knee arthritis, I should learn to live with it.
Fact: If the Knee pain due to arthritis is so much that is affects activities of daily life, and you find yourself refusing to participate in routine social activities, Knee replacement could be the best option to bring back the lost zeal in your life.
- Myth: I am too young for this surgery
Fact : Joint Replacement is no longer just dependent on the age. Recent advances in materials and design have vastly extended the boundaries for joint replacement.
- Myth: I am too overweight for this surgery
Fact : Surgery is not dependent on the weight, but on the overall medical condition of the person. In fact after the surgery, the ease of movement means losing weight may become easier.
- Myth: I should try to postpone the surgery as much as possible.
Fact : Severity of Knee arthritis can sometimes be so crippling that even small daily activities like going for a walk in the garden , shopping at the market or in the mall can become unbearable. This causes a great loss in the quality of life for that person. Pulling on in such circumstances is not only physically more challenging but may cause emotional issues and depression. In such circumstances joint replacement can be a life changing surgery