DNB (Pulmonary Medicine), M.B.B.S, FCCP (USA), MNAMS (Membership of the National Academy) (Pulmonary diseases), European college of allergy, asthma and immunology, American college of allergy and applied immunology
Difficulty in breathing or breathing problems may spring from a number of reasons. Usually, chronic conditions like asthma, sinusitis, COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Bronchitis, Lung Ailments, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, or even allergies are the main culprits behind breathing problems. The symptoms of this problem include congestion or blockages of the nasal tract, cough and wheezing, itchy eyes, shallow and laboured breathing, and runny nose.
HOW IS BREATHING PROBLEMS DIAGNOSED?
A breathing problem is diagnosed with the help of a physical examination, even as the doctor focuses on the patient and family history. Tests like pulmonary function tests, spirometry, methacholine challenge and others can be used to determine the cause of the breathing problems. A chest X Ray and CT scan can also be used in severe cases.
HOW IS BREATHING PROBLEMS TREATED?
Medication, inhaled steroids, nebulizer sessions and avoidance of allergy causing activities like household cleaning and being outdoors for too long, are some of the treatments that are available.
DID YOU KNOW?
Some of the most common asthma triggers are pollen, dust mites, perfumes, cockroaches, viral infections and air pollution.
The seemingly innocuous feeling of shortness of breath may not be that harmless. With time, if you find yourself increasingly short of breath, it is already late and you should read this with rapt attention. Stretching our lungs too much may lead to temporary shortness of breath and you may have difficulty breathing. But if shortness of breath sticks on they can be a source of much agony and physical turmoil. Don’t undermine shortness of breath symptoms.
If you belong to that portion of people who find themselves periodically short of breath, then you might be suffering from an ailment which may or may not be chronic but definitely the difficult breathing you experience needs medical care.
Why Are You Short of Breath?
The shortness of breath you’ve been experiencing as of late may be due to something as common as a cold. But unless you consult a doctor you are never really sure of your condition. Acute sinusitis is yet another cause of shortness of breath. You feel short of breath for long periods of time and wait for the breathing difficulties to diminish.
Some accompanying symptoms of shortness of breath that indicates that there is more to breathing difficulties than might be apparent. They are:
• You have a cough along with being short of breath. This makes your shortness of breath even more unbearable.
• Your difficulty breathing is accompanied by wheezing.
• You have labored breathing in addition to shortness of breath.
• Shallow breathing goes with your feeling of being short of breath.
Tests are a standard practice when doctors come across patients who experience shortness of breath and complain of having difficulty breathing. These tests are carried out to know the main evil behind the feeling of being a bit short of breath.
Diagnosis of Patients Who Are Short of Breath
Shortness of breath symptoms often is the result of an allergy. In order to find out whether the difficulty breathing as experienced by you is the result of exposure to an allergen doctors conduct allergy tests to determine breathing difficulty causes which may be of the following four types:
• Exposing you to an allergen outside the skin. This should make your body react and have the reasons behind shortness of breath symptoms revealed.
• Exposing you to it inside the skin. This too intends to bring out the cause behind your feeling of being short of breath.
• Blood tests that determine allergy and make final the cause behind your shortness of breath.
• The suspected allergen is introduced to your body by a particular route to see if that is the reason behind your shortness of breath.
Breathing Difficulty Causes Can Be Effectively Treated
Triggers or breathing difficulty causes may be quite effectively treated. The shortness of breath symptoms may be treated in the case of asthma with the end of ending your difficulty breathing.
• Shortness of breath may be treated with inhalers that give medical drugs that reduce inflammation and open the area of the airways. They help you overcome that feeling of being short of breath.
• Oral drugs that serve the same purpose and minimize shortness of breath and reduce difficulty breathing.
• Medications like these also stop the production of excess mucus in order to lessen shortness of breath and prevents the airway of the respiratory system from being clogged and end in reducing difficulty breathing.
• Minimizing exposure to triggers in order to prevent shortness of breath.
Lybrate seeks to liberate you from your feeling of being short of breath and your difficulty breathing. Get all the required information about the pulmonologists in Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Indore, Jaipur. You need not worry about shortness of breath and difficulty breathing any longer.
Call doctors and view Breathing Problems treatment cost in Aadgaon, Adgaon Shivar, Adgoan, Aditya Nagar, Ambad, Ambad Link Road and in any other locality in Nashik. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Breathing Problems.
All doctors listed above are best doctors available in Panchavati , Nashik for Breathing Problems. Post a free query today at Lybrate and receive answers from top doctors.