Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Ayurved Dental ClinicYour feedback matters!
I have been sleeping almost 9 hours everyday still after getting up in the morning I feel tired and sleepy the whole day. I sometimes skip breakfast because of my college. What could be the reason behind this?
Peyronie’s disease is a disorder that occurs due to the development of fibrous scar tissue inside the penis, which usually causes injury to the penis. Men who have a penis which is severely bent are considered to have Peyronie’s disease. The men suffering from Peyronie’s disease may also experience painful erection which in turn may affect the sexual health and performance.
What causes Peyronie’s disease?
The exact cause of Peyronie’s disease is still unknown; however, it is believed that it may be a result of repetitive injury to the penis. People with family history of Peyronie’s disease are at a higher risk for developing the same. Aging is also believed to contribute to the development of the disease.
Symptoms of Peyronie’s disease
The symptoms of the Peyronie’s disease may appear gradually or suddenly and the main symptoms include the following:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Scar tissue
- Pain in the penis
- Shortening of the penis
The penile pain is felt by men without or with an erection. It takes about 1 to 2 years for the pain to reduce during erections, but the curvature remains. In very rare cases, the pain associated with the Peyronie’s disease and curvature improve without any treatment.
Effective natural herbal treatments for Peyronie’s disease
Castor oil: Apply castor oil on the penis, particularly on the scar tissue and the plaque spots. The oil liquefies and softens the hard tissues and works effectively for the sufferers. The remedy takes about 12 weeks for the improvement and to completely straighten the penis. The result may vary from individual to individual. Also, it may take between 2-3 weeks until you see a difference in the appearance of the penis. Ensure you buy castor oil from a good brand and massage a small amount of the oil on the affected area. Then put a cotton bandage on it. Apply the oil every night at bedtime for best results.
Acetyl-L-carnitine: One can use carnitine supplements as they are very effective and safe for treating Peyronie’s disease. You can purchase Acetyl-L-carnitine from health food stores. This has proven to be more effective than the counterparts available in the market. The dosage for the supplement is provided on the bottle.
Gotu Kola: Use herbs like Gotu Kola as they help decrease the problems related to the formation of fibrous tissue below the skin. The herb is useful in the treatment of the curvature of the penis. It is made available in the form of an ointment, capsule, and tincture. Some of the common side-effects associated with the consumption of gotu kola include headache, dizziness, upset stomach, and nausea. This herb in some cases can also interact with certain diabetes and cholesterol-lowering medications. Therefore, it is always advised to consult a specialist before using gotu kola for the treatment of Peyronie’s disease.
The prevalence of Peyronie’s disease occurs in men over the age of 55.It is always better to see the doctor if the curvature of the penis stops you from having sex and causes a lot of pain. For a holistic treatment of your problem, consult here.
Many theories and as many reasons are given, but in most of the cases, cause of stone formation in the kidneys is not clear. Biochemical dysfunction seems to be the only possible explanation. Stones generally develop very slowly. Tendency to stone formation may be hereditary. Stones may vary in size from sand particles to large stone.
Urinary stones may be present for many years and may give rise to no symptoms. When a stone obstructs the urinary passage, mild pain to severe renal colic occurs. There may be restlessness, sweating, pallor, vomiting, frequent urination, blood in urine etc during pain. Attack of pain may last few hours to few days, varying in severity time to time. In many cases, urinary infection is a common occurrence.
- Homeopathic treatment plan comprises of :
- Ultrasonography at regular interval of three to four months to monitor (a) the size of the stone and (b) Movement of the stone along the urinary passage.
- Kidney function tests should be done to evaluate the function of kidneys.
- Urine examination may be helpful to treat the accompanying urinary infections.
- Parathyroid hormone essay and serum calcium level should be considered if the stone formation is recurrent.
- It is a well-known fact that some stones can pass naturally. But often they may cause severe pain and at times obstruction. But with homeopathic treatment, even moderate sized stone can pass absolutely painlessly.
- Though the use of painkillers and antispasmodics can relieve the pain and spasm, but in the process can actually hamper or suspend the onward and outward movement of the stone. With homeopathic treatment, body's natural reactions are stimulated that helps throw out the stone without much discomfort.
- At times, it is seen that with homeopathic treatment stones gradually dissolve into sand particle s and get eliminated from the urinary system without being aware of it. This can be monitored by subsequent Ultrasonograms watching the gradual reduction in the size of the stones.
- As stone formation is just a bye-product of body's biochemical dysfunction at deeper levels, only removal of the stone by natural or surgical means is not enough. Homeopathic treatment not only removes the stone, but can also modify the tendency to form stones by improving body's natural balance in general, and biochemical dysfunction in particular.
- In bilateral, multiple and recurrent stones, constitutional homeopathic treatment is far-more superior than surgery or any other therapy as it has the potential to help the body, not only throw the stone out but also improve the biochemical dysfunction to check the recurrence of stone formation.
- Surgery can be helpful only when the size of the stone is very large and causing damage to kidney by back- pressure. Even then, homeopathic treatment is of significant importance to improve the basic biochemical defects.
- Constitutional Homeopathic treatment can also help avert the complication of surgery.
- With constitutional homeopathic treatment, accompanying urinary infections are also relieved.
- AND, the added advantage is that with constitutional homeopathic treatment, general health also improves.
- Large number of dietary "take and avoid" is known to the masses, but their role is doubtful. With good constitutional homeopathic treatment and proper monitoring by ultrasography, dietary restrictions are not mandatory.
- Increased amounts of fluid intake are advisable.
Hello. Sir kal muje vagina se over discharge hua 2/3 bar din me bina kisi bjah sai. Sir kya problem hai jisse asa hua. Sir please advise
Many of us tend to comply with every single request that is put forward to us by our peers, family, or at the workplace by our superiors. We choose to take up more jobs than we can efficiently handle and put unnecessary stress on ourselves even at the cost of our time and well-being. Must we always do that? Why do we say yes?
People have the notion that saying no can come across as rude or uncaring. You may feel that you are letting someone down by turning down their request or risking a relationship when in reality, it has mostly to do with your self-confidence than your relationships with people. People who have low self-confidence tend to value their own needs less than the needs of others.
It may branch from overbearing parents, high expectations set by your peers and mentors or experiencing parenthood yourself and setting unreasonable standards for yourself. Childhood influences are usually the biggest cause of people always saying ‘yes’ all the time.
How to start saying say no?
If you want to take a step back and start saying no to make sure your own needs are valued, here’s what you need to do.
- Refuse politely, when it seems not possible: Do not overcomplicate responses and try to be as simple in your responses as you can be. If you are asked to do something, and you want to say no, try to be polite in your body language and state that it is not convenient for you at the moment and that you would rather get back to it later.
- Seek time before committing: The transition from saying ‘yes’ all the time to saying no does take time! Start to give yourself more time and ask people to get back to you later. This way you can begin to build more self-confidence and learn to say no over time. This also allows you to evaluate your response instead of immediately saying yes or no to the person asking the favor or task.
- Do not feel guilty: Deep down if you want to do a favor, you can go ahead with it, but you should also understand that it is okay to say no, and there is no need to associate guilt with it. You should set boundaries and allow people around you to understand how much favors they can ask you for instead of presenting you with an endless amount of favors from you.
- Set your boundaries: Refusal does not amount to rejection as you have just as much right to say ‘no’ as the person who is asking the favor from you. You are simply turning down a request, and in most situations, there is a middle ground for compromises where both you and the requester can be satisfied. If you have limited time to fulfill a request, let the person know and help out only as much as you can without overstepping your boundaries.
Bringing in these changes can help you be more self-confident, and at the same time enable you to say no when you need to without weighing yourself down with expectations and fear or rejection.
I am always gastric. I try and avoid all heavy food but inspite of that I feel bloated and gastric what is the remedy? it can be very embarrassing if you keep farting all the time.
My Liver is mildly enlarged and reveals two hypoechoic area measuring 7.4×6.8×6.5 cms (vol 173) & 2.6 × 2.1 × 1.8 cms (vol 5 cc) in right lobe of liver s/o evolving liver abscess. Is this a savior condition and what should I do for it.
As the days become warm, you tend to turn the shower towards the cold water and as the days get cooler, bathing water usually gets warmer. A cold water shower can be refreshing in the summer. In the same way, a warm shower in the winter can be quite relaxing. However, have you ever thought about what is really good for you? Well, there is no hard and fast rule about which one is better. As a general rule of thumb, according to Ayurveda, hot water should be used to bathe the body and cold water should be used for the head. However, when you clearly have to choose between hot water and cold water, a number of factors have to considered, such as individual’s age, constitution, habits, diseases if any, season, etc.
Let’s take a closer look
Age: Young children and elderly people will get more benefit from warm to hot water bath. Teenagers and people up to the age of about 45-50 years can have a cold water bath. For students who need to be alert and be able to focus on their studies, a cold water bath is ideal.
Constitution: According to Ayurveda, there are three types of doshas; vatta, pitta, and kapha. If you have a pitta body type, you should bathe with cold water. On the other hand, if you have a vata or kapha body type, a hot water shower is much better.
Habits: Your habits can also influence the water temperature. If you like to bathe in the early morning, have a cold water bath. However, if you like to bathe in the evening, try a hot water shower. As the evening is dominated by the vata dosha, hence it is ideal. Similarly, if you like to exercise before your bath, you must bathe with hot water.
Diseases: If you are suffering from diseases caused by an imbalance of the pitta dosha, you should bathe with cold water. Such diseases include indigestion and liver disorders. If you are suffering from an imbalance of the vata or kapha dosha bathe with hot water. Diseases caused by the vata dosha imbalance include arthritis, joint pain and foot pain. Those caused by kapha dosha imbalance include respiratory diseases and allergies.
Some Ayurvedic practitioners also advise alternating between hot and cold baths. What is important is that you should not bathe with water that is either too hot or too cold as bathing with really hot water can disturb the pH level of the skin while bathing with water that is too cold can make you catch a cold.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
चमेली का वैज्ञानिक नाम जैस्मिन ग्रैंडफ्लोरा है. लेकिन तेल जैस्मिनुम आफिसनाल से निकाला जाता है. वैज्ञानिक नाम वाले चमेली के फूलों की लोकप्रियता बहुत ज्यादा है. इसके फूलों का इस्तेमाल हम पूजा-पाठ में करते आए हैं. लेकिन इसका औषधिय इस्तेमाल भी बहुत ज्यादा है. रोमांटिक सुगंध से परिपूर्ण चमेली के फुलों से निकलने वाला तेल कई स्वास्थ्यवर्धक तत्वों से युक्त होता है. चमेली के तेल में मुख्य रूप से बेंजाल्डीहाइड, इन्डोल, गेरानीयनोल, बेनोजिक एसिड, युजिनोल, बेन्जिल अल्कोहल, बेन्जिल बेंजोएट आदि होते हैं. चमेली के फायदे और नुकसान के लिए निम्नलिखित बिन्दुओं के देखें.
1. अनिद्रा में
अनिद्रा में चमेली का तेल सकारत्मक भूमिका निभाता है. ये एक एंटीस्पास्मोडिक के रूप में काम करते हुए नींद की समस्या को ख़त्म करता है. इससे आप एक अच्छी और सुकूनभरी नींद ले पाते हैं जिससे कि अनावश्यक थकान भी मिटती है.
2. शीघ्रपतन में
इसमें कामोत्तेजक गुण भी पाए जाते हैं. इसलिए इसका सुगंध रोमांटिक एहसास देता है. इसके तेल के प्रयोग से शीघ्रपतन, नपुंसकता एवं अन्य कई यौन विकारों को दूर किया जा सकता है. शरीर के भीतर हार्मोन और रासायनिक प्रतिक्रियाओं पर भी इसका प्रभाव पड़ता है.
3. शामक के रूप में
चमेली के तेल की सबसे बड़ी खासियत यही होती है कि ये मन और आत्मा को शान्ति प्रदान करता है. जिससे कि आप तनाव, झुंझलाहट और क्रोध आदि से बच सकते हैं और आपका मूड सही रहता है. इसमें सूजन और गठिया को भी दूर करने का लक्षण होता है.
4. प्रसव में
प्रसव के दौरान महिलाएं भयंकर पीड़ा से गुजरती हैं. चमेली के तेल में मौजूद गुणों की वजह से आप प्रसव के दौरान होने वाले इस दर्द से छुटकारा पा सकते हैं. दरअसल इसमें हार्मोन के स्तर को नियंत्रित करने की क्षमता होती है. ये इस दौरान संकुचन को भी मजबूती प्रदान करता है.
5. घाव भरने के लिए
इसमें एंटीसेप्टिक और कीटाणुनाशक गुण भी मौजूद होते हैं. जिससे कि इसे बाह्य घावों में लगाने से घावों में सेप्टिक के विकास को रोकता है. इसके साथ ही ये टेटनस के संभावना को भी ख़त्म करता है. इसमें एंटीवायरल, फंगल, किटाणुनाशी और जीवाणुनाशी गुण भी पाए जाते हैं. इससे सर्दी-खांसी में भी राहत मिलता है.
6. त्वचा के लिए
चमेली का तेल एक तरह से सीक्रेटेंट का काम करता है और त्वचा को कई तरह के परेशानियों से दूर करता है. चमेली का तेल मुंहासे, घाव और फोड़े आदि को दूर करने के लिए भी चमेली का तेल काफी मददगार होता है.
7. गर्भाशय के लिए
गर्भाशय के सेहत के लिए भी चमेली का तेल काफी उपयोगी साबित होता है. क्योंकि इस दौरान ये कुछ ऐसे हार्मोनों को स्त्रावित कर देता है जो कि गर्भाशय के कार्यों को सुनिश्चित करता है. रजनोवृत्ति के बाद ये एस्ट्रोजेन के प्रवाह को भी सिमित करता है.
8. खांसी के उपचार में
चमेली के तेल की सहायता से आप सर्दी खांसी जैसी समस्याओं से भी निपट सकते हैं. ये खांसी के दौरान होने वाली कफ की समस्या को दूर करता है. इसके आलावा ये खांसी, सांस लेने की समस्या और ऐंठन आदि को भी ख़त्म कर सकता है.
9. अवसाद दूर करने में
चमेली के तेल का सुगंध बेहतरीन होता है. इसकी खुशबु हमारे अंदर रोमांटिक और काव्यात्मक भावनाएं जगाने वाली होती है. दरअसल इसके सुगंध में सेरोटोनिन सहित कई तरह के हार्मोन को उत्तेजित करने की क्षमता होती है. यदि आप इसके सुगंध को महसूस करेंगे तो आप मूड भी अच्छा हो जाएगा और आप सुकून का अनुभव करेंगे.
10. पीरियड्स के दौरान
चमेली के तेल में मौजूद आर्तावजनक गुण पीरियड्स को नियंत्रित करते हैं. इसके अलावा ये पीरियड्स के दौरान महिलाओं को होने वाली समस्याओं जैसे कि मतली, थकान, झुंझलाहट और ख़राब मूड जैसी समस्याओं को भी दूर करने का काम करता है.
चमेली के तेल के नुकसान
- इससे एलर्जी वाले लोगों को इससे बचना चाहिए.
- गर्भवती महिलाओं को इसके उपयोग से बचना चाहिए.
- इसमें उत्तेजक गुण होता है इसलिए इसके ज्यादा खुराक से बचना चाहिए.
I am having bp rate of 100/135 for last 6 months and taking ciplar 40 mg my hr rate is 90. Kindly suggest if I'm taking right medicine.
चावल एक लोकप्रिय खाद्यपदार्थ है जिसके कई फायदे हैं. इसी तरह चावल की भूसी तेल के तेल के भी फायदे काफी हैं. इसे चावल के गुठलियों के भूसे से निकाला जाता है. इसका इस्तेमाल ज्यादा तापमान पर खाना बनाने के लिए या डीप फ्राइंग में किया जाता है. देखने में ये मूंगफली के तेल जैसा ही होता है. लेकिन चावल की भूसी के तेल के फायदे मूंगफली के तेल से भिन्न है. इसमें विटामिन ई, एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, संतुलित फैटी एसिड आदि प्रमुखता से पाया जाता है. चावल की भूसी के फायदे और नुकसान निम्लिखित हैं.
1. त्वचा के लिए
त्वचा के स्वास्थ्य के लिए चावल की भूसी में विटामिन ई पाया जाता है. ये घाव भरने, नई कोशिकाएं बनाने, झुर्रियों को कम करने सूर्य के हानिकारक किरणों से त्वचा की रक्षा करने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है. विटामिन ई, त्वचा के विषाक्त पदार्थों को भी दूर करने का काम करता है. इसमें पाया जाने वाला एंटीऑक्सिडेंट मुक्त कणों को नष्ट करके त्वचा की कोशिकाओं को जवान रखने में मदद करता है.
2. लीवर साफ़ रखने में
इसमें कई ऐसे यौगिक पाए जाते हैं जो कि हमारे लीवर को ठीक से कार्य करने के लिए और इसे साफ़ रखने में मदद करते हैं. इसमें पाया जाने वाला फैटी एसिड भी ऐसा ही एक तत्व है जो कि लीवर के लिए काफी अच्छा काम करता है. इसे कई बिमारियों से बचाने में इसकी भूमिका हो सकती है.
3. कोलेस्ट्राल कम करने में
हमारे शरीर में बढ़ता हुआ कोलेस्ट्राल का स्तर कई परेशानियों को उत्पन्न करता है. चावल की भूसी में मोनोअनसैचुरेटेड, पॉलिअनसैचुरेटेड और संतृप्त वसा का बेहतरीन संतुलन पाया जाता है. फैटी एसिड का ये संतुलन कोलेस्ट्राल को कम करने का काम करता है. चावल की भूसी एथोरोसक्लोरोसिस, दिल के दौरे और स्ट्रोक जैसी बिमारियों को भी ख़त्म करने में मदद करता है.
4. बालों के लिए
इसमें पाया जाने वाला फेरिलिक एसिड और एस्टर बालों के विकास में योगदान देते हैं. इसमें एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, विटामिन ई, ओमेगा-3 और ओमेगा-6 प्रचुर मात्रा में पाया जाता है. ये सभी बालों को पोषण देने में महत्वपूर्ण योगदान देते हैं. इसके नियमित प्रयोग से बालों की सुन्दरता में वृद्धि होती है.
5. रजनोवृत्ति के दौरान
कई शोधों में ये पाया गया है कि चावल की भूसी का तेल रजनोवृत्ति के दौरान महिलाओं को होने वाली परेशानियों से बचाने का काम करता है. ये इस दौरान होने वाले चिड़चिड़ापन जैसे कई अन्य परेशानियों को काफी हद तक कम करता है. इसलिए महिलाएं रजनोवृत्ति के दौरान इसका इस्तेमाल करके अपनी परेशानियों को कम कर सकती हैं.
6. वजन कम करने में
चावल की भूसी के तेल में चिपचिपापन बहुत कम होता है लेकिन इसमें कैलोरी अधिक होती है. इसकी सबसे बड़ी खासियत ये है कि ये भोजन में बहुत कम मात्रा में (लगभग 20%) ही अवशोषित होता है. जिससे कि भोजन का स्वाद बरकरार रहता है. इसलिए इसके इस्तेमाल से वजन भी कम होता है.
7. कैंसर के उपचार में
कैंसर जैसी खतरनाक बीमारयों को भी दूर करने की क्षमता चावल की भूसी में होती है. क्योंकि इसमें एंटीऑक्सिडेंट भरपूर मात्रा में पाई जाती है. इसमें ऑरिजानोल और विटामिन ई भी पाया जाता है जो कि अधिकाँश तेलों में नहीं पाया जाता है. इन्हीं तत्वों के बदौलत ये कैंसर जैसी बीमारियों से हमें बचाने का गुण रखता है.
8. एलर्जी दूर करने में
अन्य वनस्पति तेलों में नहीं पाया जाने वाला हाइपोलेर्गेनिक नामक तत्व, चावल की भूसी में पाया जाता है. ये एलर्जी की संभावनाओं को काफी हद तक कम कर देता है. इस तेल को खाने से एलर्जी नहीं होती है. लेकिन ये एलर्जी होने की संभावनाओं को भी कम करता है.
चावल की भूसी के नुकसान
- इसका इस्तेमाल संकुचित पाचन तंत्र वाले लोगों के लिए परेशानी का कारण बन सकता है.
- इसे अधिक मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करने से बचना चाहिए.
Introduction to Panchkarma therapy: Panchkarma is not only a common term in today’s Ayurveda treatment, it has been put to use from the time of Acharya Susruta. While Ayurveda is a genuine and very effective field of medicine, its therapies are also to the point. Panchkarma, by definition, is a spa, or power massage with Ayurvedic help. It keeps the whole body fit and healthy by curing and also preventing diseases. It eliminates doshas and malas from the body and purifies the skin. Ayurvedic massage experts perform this therapy skillfully with dry herbal powder or herbal paste and medicated oil. They give the rubbing and strokes in the opposite direction of a conventional massage.
Brief Description: As the name says, Panchkarma is a combination of five different processes that are acted one after another. They are-
- Vamana (Emetic therapy)
- Virecana (Purgative therapy)
- Nasya (Inhalation therapy or Errhine)
- Anuvasana basti (Type of Enema)
- Niruha basti (Type of Enema)
These processes eliminate Kapha, Pitta and Vata and bring tenderness to the body. Before all these processes, it is important to check if the patient is physically and mentally capable of undergoing the treatment. So there are some pre-monitoring procedures where one must take the necessary precautions and diet. There are also post-treatment measures that consist of some special medicines and procedures.
Works in Belly Fat Reduction: Even though Panchkarma therapy mainly removes toxins from the skin, still Ayurvedic doctors have recommended it for fat reduction too. It reduces fat by removing the excess cellulite accumulated under the skin. The power massage gives rubbing strokes on certain pressure points for fat loss. There are two types of actions-
According to Susruta Samhita, there are three categories of actions-
Herbs Used In Panchkarma for Fat Loss: Amalaki, Bibhitaki and Haritaki are three herbs that are called Triphala. They are used to reduce cellulite and fat by rubbing and massaging as a paste on the body. All these three should be mixed in equal proportions before applying.
The formulas of pastes are different for Kapha-type and Pitta-type people.
Kapha: Ingredients Proportion
Soap nut 10%
Dried Ginger 5%
Black pepper 5%
Long pepper 5%
Pitta: Ingredients Proportion
Nut grass 50%
Gotu Kola 5%
There are two other formulas for fat reduction in Panchkarma-
- Kolakulathadi Choornam
- Kottamchukkadi Choornam
Pros and Cons:
Clearly, Ayurveda is a better option than chemical medicines because it does not harm the body in any way and it makes the skin beautiful. Although there may be a little pain, excessive dryness, thirst, weakness and stiffness as side effects of the therapy.
To conclude, even if there are some cons, Ayurveda is always better than anything else. So Panchkarma therapy is a well-recommended option for belly fat reduction.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence.
Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
- Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
- Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
- Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
- Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self-confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
- Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colors or the ability of coloring within the lines.
Crohn's Disease is a medical condition that falls under the category of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Crohn's disease triggers inflammation of the digestive tract resulting in ulcerations and sores, mostly affecting people between 17-30 years (people of other age groups can also be affected). The inflammatory disease is a chronic illness that gives rise to a host of complications such as frequent and chronic diarrhea, fever, rapid weight loss, abdominal pain, to name a few.
Unfortunately, there is no permanent treatment available for Crohn's Disease. However, effective remedies and treatments are available to reduce and manage the symptoms and complications associated with Crohn's Disease. Many people dealing with Crohn's Disease have benefitted immensely from surgery.
When surgery is recommended for Crohn's Disease?
A surgery becomes essential when the medicines and other nonsurgical treatments fail to control or manage the symptoms and complications triggered by Crohn's Disease, some of which include
- Severe intestinal inflammation followed by uncontrolled bleeding
- There is a bowel abscess or a perforation
- Toxic Megacolon (a fatal condition whereby the large intestine swells up and also becomes dilated due to the inflammation that affects the intestinal walls)
- An intestinal blockage or narrowing of the intestinal
The surgery for a Crohn's Disease can be of different types depending on the part of the digestive tract affected.
- Colectomy: This is mainly carried out in the case of the Crohn's Disease causing such extensive damage to the colon that it needs to be surgically removed. Following the removal of the colon, the small intestine may be connected to the rectum to ensure that the bowel movement is not affected.
- Bowel Resection: A bowel resection is usually performed to treat a fistula or to get rid of the diseased and inflamed portion of the intestine to avoid further aggravation.
- Proctocolectomy (Ileostomy): This surgery is performed to get rid of both the rectum and the colon affected extensively by Crohn's Disease. Here also, post removal of the organs, the surgeon connects the small intestine (end part or the ileum) to the stroma or a small opening in the abdomen. This rearrangement is done to ensure that the wastes from the small intestine get eliminated.
- Stricturoplasty: This surgery goes a long way to open up the areas of the small intestine that have narrowed down due to Crohn's Disease.
Risks associated with the surgery
Every surgery comes with their share of side-effects and risks. In the case of Crohn's Disease, the surgeries can give rise to complications such as
- Pain, swelling, bruising is common.
- There may be Infection at the site of the incision.
- Scarring at the incision site.
- There can be a blockage of the bowel (temporary or short-term)
- Surgical removal of the diseased part of the small intestine can trigger inadequate absorption of the vital nutrients (Short-Gut Syndrome).
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), a medical condition that mainly affects women of reproductive age makes it difficult for them to conceive. In PCOS, there is an elevated production of androgen (especially testosterone) by the ovary. This hormonal imbalance often interferes with the ovulation process (the eggs either don't mature or are not released from the ovary) triggering infertility in the affected woman. While lifestyle changes and timely medical assistance can bring about improvement, switching to a healthy diet is often known to produce fruitful results. In this article, we will discuss the healthy dietary options to deal with PCOS and infertility.
Healthy Diet for PCOS and Infertility
There can be a host of factors that trigger the hormonal imbalance, one being your choice of foods.
Low Glycemic Foods: Foods that come with a high glycemic Index (a glycemic index is a number that determines how rapidly the carbohydrates in our foods are broken down triggering a rise in the blood sugar level) of 70 or more can be extremely harmful. The higher the glycemic index, more will be the blood sugar and level of insulin in the body. The elevated insulin level can wreak havoc, disrupting the hormonal balance to a great extent. Thus, women with PCOS and fertility problems should consume foods that come with a low glycemic index (55 or less). Some of the healthy low glycemic foods include apples, cherries, plums, dried apricots, oranges, grapefruits, pear, almonds, yogurt (low-fat), non-starchy vegetables, whole grains, sesame seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, oats, brown rice, and quinoa, to name a few.
Maintaining a healthy body weight can go a long way to improve the symptoms and complications associated with PCOS. Overeating should be strictly avoided. Instead, opt for smaller meals at regular time intervals. Include high-fiber foods (broccoli, cauliflower) in the diet. Foods rich in minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium) and vitamins (Vitamin B, C, E, and K), folic acid, can work wonders to alleviate the symptoms of PCOS. Enrich your diet with green leafy vegetables and foods that are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
While consuming carbohydrates, make sure your diet also contains protein. Carbohydrates, when taken along with proteins, can avert a sudden rise in the blood sugar level.
Foods to avoid
- In women with PCOS, the testosterone level is relatively higher. Drinking milk will only elevate the testosterone level further with deleterious consequences and is best left avoided.
- Foods that are rich in saturated and Trans fats (BAD FATS) such as meat, processed foods, margarine, doughnuts, dairy products (cream, cheese, butter), cooking oil (coconut oil, palm oil), aerated drinks and beverages, can aggravate the condition of PCOS and should be avoided.
- Soy milk is another unhealthy dietary option for women suffering from PCOS and infertility. Soy milk is known to cause a delay in the ovulation affecting the fertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!