Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh RathiYour feedback matters!
My name is Sibin, I'm 24 years of age. I have pressure on my forehead and just above the nose and eyebrows feels a tightness when concentrating on something for long period. I have frontal sinusitis. Is it because of it? How it can be treated?
Hello doctor Please help me please. I'm 21 years old and I'm addicted to my smartphone. I found myself wasting alot of time in phone. I always switch between some apps and if there is no-one to talk I check my mails or gallery or games. I know it is killing my time I also have my exams near but I don't know why I always check my phone. Please help me doctor please it's destroying my future and when I don't have my phone with me I feel very Depressed and anxious please help.
Sir my father is not mentally good he has been facing mental problems he listen to some wrong people and behave in the way he is told by wrong peoples and irritates whole family i just want to know whether that can u treat him through hypnotism nd reveal the name by hypnotysing my father that who shows him wrong path to do wrong things
Do anti depressants lead to suicide or suicidal tendencies if taken for longer period of time. Do they become ineffective if taken for longer duration?
His memory power is very low and he forget something sometimes. His situation is too critical. please suggest me what I can do for his bright future. He is my close friend and he forget me.
Mere sir me dard hota h fir chakkr se aate h uske baad saari cheze bhul jata hu. Tab. Amlokind AT se aaram hota hai ek ghante baad. Jab sab kuch yaad aata hai Ye kya prblm hai.
How can I make my mind sharp. I m losing my memory power plzz tell any solution for my memory power also. Or tell any medicine.
My husband is a chain smoker and he cannot control himself at all. What can I do about it? And he is also reluctant about going to rehab because of his busy schedule so what is the solution?
My age is 22 years and I suffered from social anxiety from last 8 days I used prothiaden and from 2 days I leave prothiaden can I used sertraline now.
My girlfriend is not a virgin, but I am. I love her immensely, and also intend to marry her. But somehow I always visualize her having sex with her ex. That hurts me a lot. I'm not able to get over it. What do I do?
Hi I am 34 year old , meri problem hai jab tak main busy rehta hoon thik lagta hai aur jab free rehta hoon tab full body mein dard sa feel hota hai aur darr lagta hai. mujhe kya karna chaye
From last many year am suffering from a problem that some words stuck into my mouth while speaking I went blank I know I am suffering from some thing what is that I do not know.
Why sitting at home causes psychological problems, I am sitting home from 4 months in my home but I am feeling very pathetic I feel like doing suicide, Please teach me how to think and control mind. I am tired of negative thoughts ,the thing is negative thoughts come and I start thinking and I don't know how to control it.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I was in love with gl. We separated then. Due to som reason of hers. And thn I started smoking heavily. Avrg. 3-4 cigarettes per day fr a year. Now I hve left. I am elder in my family and my dady is labourer. ANd am doing phd botany. On fellowship 30, 000 rs per month. But keeping my family views. My parents. Bro sisters. I am always remain depressed and nervous. Which cause loss of time fr me. When I m studying and it brings angriness with me. please help me With regards.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor and snatches away the boon of communication.
Below mentioned points showcase how social media addiction negatively affects our mental health:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.