Acne or pimple is a common skin problem which results when the skin pores are blocked because of oil and dead skin cells. The intensity of acne can vary from person to person and can be severe or mild. Severe acne refers to the back, neck, chest and face being covered with hundreds of pimples while mild acne refers to a condition where a couple of pimples appear. Typical symptoms of acne are pimples and blackheads and whiteheads too are considered as symptoms of acne. Cystic lesions – big, deep and painful pimple – are also symptom of acne.
HOW IS ACNE/PIMPLES DIAGNOSED?
It pops up on the face Neck, back, chest and shoulders. They can appear as whiteheads, blackheads, Papules, pustules, nodules or cysts. A thorough physical examination can detect an acne or pimple by: • Observing the characteristics of the pimple-like skin rash • Presence of other types of skin problems - e.g. cracking, pustules, crusting, vesicles, blisters, plaques. • Distribution of the areas of skin affected • Feel lymph nodes for enlargement
HOW IS ACNE/PIMPLES TREATED?
The most effective treatment of acne and pimples lies in making use of a good diet that eliminates excessively fatty, fried and processed food, as well as plenty of water, exercise and rest. Also, you may be given an anti acne cream. Hygiene is also paramount in preventing and treating this condition.
DID YOU KNOW?
Acne might be a cause of depression or low self esteem and hence needs medical attention if it is severe.
Almost all teens nowadays suffer from acne (acne vulgaris), be it a mild, moderate or severe case. Acne generally occurs with the onset of puberty owing to the various hormonal changes that take place in the body at this time. Another factor is that it is during the teenage years that the sebaceous gland becomes active, contributing to the production of sebum, which is an oily substance that clogs the pores of the skin, resulting in acne and zits. There may be various other factors that are also responsible for acne, these include-
• Pressure from helmets and collars
• Intake of certain medications and drugs
• Use of cosmetics
The most common areas in the body that are greatly susceptible to pimples are the face, chest and the back. Acne can occur in the form of zits, which are generally very deep, pus filled pimples or pustules which are also filled with pus but are bumpy. Zits are more painful than pustules. Blackheads and whiteheads are also a form of acne, which generally occur because of dirt and oil clogged in the pores of the skin.
Dealing with acne can be quite painful and troublesome. For those who just suffer from a slight case of acne, benzoyl peroxide, which effectively cleans and dries the skin is very helpful. When considering the question how to get rid of pimples, natural remedies work very well. Some home remedies for acne are-
• Banana peel- Banana is not only a very healthy food rich in potassium, its peel too is great for getting rid of pimples. All one has to do is rub the peel for about 5 to 10 minutes regularly, a very hassle free solution to this highly embarrassing problem.
• Cucumber- This vegetable acts as a cooling agent for the skin. It is often put on the eyelids to reduce inflammation. It works similarly for pimples. Cucumbers are also very hydrating for the skin and are rich in Vitamin C. Thus, they ensure that the skin remains healthy and glowing.
• Orange peel- just like banana peel, the peel of the orange is also very good for the skin and acne removal. It contains plenty of vitamin C, which is essential for quick regeneration of the skin.
• Toothpaste- Very surprisingly toothpaste too is an effective solution to the acne problem. But only white toothpastes help to get rid of acne, as the white part of the toothpaste consists of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Thus, Toothpaste effectively offers spot treatment for acne removal.
Pimples on face can be especially embarrassing, but effective care of the skin including regular cleaning and moisturizing really helps reduce the pimples.
Lybrate offers you an ideal platform to consult with the top dermatologists regarding you acne and skin problems. With Lybrate you can get in touch with the top doctors all across India. Find top dermatologists and general physicians in Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata etc. Through Lybrate.com you can consult the doctor of your choice online, a method which is not only easy but greatly effective. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for more solutions on how to remove blackheads how to remove blackheads and pimples.
Call doctors and view Acne/Pimples treatment cost in Besa Road and in any other locality in Nagaur. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Acne/Pimples.