Siddhesh Awalegaonkar's review for Dr. Nimesh Shah
Superb very good doctor very approachable and comfortable to express ur problem jus took his 2 dose of medicine and felt very ... Read more reviews
Vesicoureteral reflux is the abnormal flow of urine from your bladder back up the tubes (ureters) that connect your kidneys to your bladder. Normally, urine flows only down from your kidneys to your bladder. The symptoms are:
• A strong, persistent urge to urinate
• A burning sensation when urinating
• Passing frequent, small amounts of urine
• Blood in the urine (hematuria) or cloudy, strong-smelling urine
• Pain in your side (flank) or abdomen
• Hesitancy to urinate or holding urine to avoid the burning sensation
HOW IS VESICOURETERAL REFLUX DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis is done on the basis of a scan or ultrasound. Urine tests are also done for other issues.
HOW IS VESICOURETERAL REFLUX TREATED?
The treatment of Vesicoureteral Reflux depends upon the severity of the condition and medication and surgery are the common treatments for Vesicoureteral Reflux. In case of a surgery, it repairs the defect in the functional valve between the bladder and each affected ureter that keeps it from closing and preventing urine from flowing backward.
DID YOU KNOW?
Certain home remedies such as drinking water helps in diluting urine and helps flushing out bacteria.