A vaginal infection is a fungal infection that causes irritation, discharge and intense itchiness of the vagina and the vulva — the tissues at the vaginal opening. It's a type of vaginitis, or inflammation of the vagina. Yeast infection symptoms can range from mild to moderate and include:
• Itching and irritation in the vagina and the tissues at the vaginal opening (vulva)
• A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating
• Redness and swelling of the vulva
• Vaginal pain and soreness
• Vaginal rash
• Watery vaginal discharge
• Thick, white, odor-free vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance
HOW IS VAGINAL INFECTION DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis done by a gynaecologist who would do a routine check and also send smears or swabs to the lab for culture test.
HOW IS VAGINAL INFECTION TREATED?
The treatment of Vaginal Infection depends upon the cause of the infection. The treatment for Vaginal Infections includes medication, antifungal creams, and estrogen creams.