Swelling of Stomach or abdominal swelling is a condition in which the stomach is larger than normal. Swelling of Stomach is also referred to as distended abdomen. Swelling of Stomach can be painful and causes great discomfort. Symptoms are:
• Achy abdomen
• Abdominal Cramps
• A heavy feeling in stomach
• Feeling of being full always
HOW IS SWELLING OF STOMACH DIAGNOSED?
A General Physician diagnoses Swelling of Stomach by performing an ultrasound and X-rays to closely examine the cause of Swelling of Legs.
HOW IS SWELLING OF STOMACH TREATED?
A swollen abdomen that is caused by eating a heavy meal will go away when you digest the food. Eating smaller amounts will help prevent swelling. For a swollen abdomen caused by swallowing air:
• Avoid carbonated beverages.
• Avoid chewing gum or sucking on candies.
• Avoid drinking through a straw or sipping the surface of a hot beverage.
• Eat slowly.
DID YOU KNOW?
Menstrual disturbances also cause Swelling of Stomach