Hair loss is a common problem in today’s generation and at one point in your life you must have experienced hair loss. Hair loss can occur only on your scalp or on your entire body. Hair loss can occur even in children due to hereditary, hormonal or as an effect of some medicines due to illness. Baldness is caused due to excessive hair loss from your scalp and can nearly lead to complete removal of hair. Baldness occurs typically due to hereditary hair loss and you may have to seek medical advice for treatment and for hair re growth procedures. But sometimes you may come across people who prefer to stay bald and do not worry about how to stop hair fall. Likewise you may find some people wear hats, makeup and even scarves to hide baldness.
The various symptoms of hair fall include the following:
1. Your hair starts to loosen when you comb or wash your hair which can cause baldness. This eventually makes your hair thinner and you will find handful of hair coming out gradually almost everyday. You might wonder how to grow hair slowly as days pass by.
2. You may experience complete hair loss due to some treatment methods like chemotherapy. Chemotherapy can lead to excessive hair fall but generally the hair grows back after.
3. Your scalp may be affected which may result in bald spots over the head. The spots would be about the size of a coin and would give pain and cause itching.
4. Redness and swelling could be a sign of ringworm and would require you to take medicines to control their outbreak.
There are many types of hair fall and commonly they are called alopecia.
1. Androgenic alopecia- Genetic condition affects both men and women. Men usually develop male pattern baldness as early as teen age. In women this condition is called female pattern baldness and it may be noticeable in their 40s. Androgenic alopecia causes thinning of hair and hair removal at the crown and frontal scalp.
2. Involutional alopecia- When hair on your head thins owing to increasing age it can be called a case of involutional alopecia. Your hair follicles become shorter and thinner.
3. Alopecia areata- This type of alopecia affects children or when you are young and is a reason for hair fall.
Home remedies for hair fall and some hair growth tips are as follows:
1. Hot oil massage will give your hair the nutrients it needs and will help foster growth and thickening. Hot oil also helps your hair to grow faster and is a good remedy for hair growth.
2. Vitamins are good for your health and in particularly vitamin A, C and E for smooth hair. Folic acid pills are good for hair growth but you should consult your doctor before you start to take daily supplements as it can show adverse reactions.
3. Various type of fruits, carrot and yogurts help your hair to grow stronger and faster resulting it to be the best home remedy for hair growth. Eating unhealthy and oily foods can also be a reason for hair fall.
Trichologists specialize in study of hair and scalp and can diagnose the reasons for hair fall and also give you hair growth tips. Trichologists can also treat diseases of your scalp and prescribe medications to you. Lybrate offers you the best chance to seek professional advices about hair fall and its treatment. Lybrate has the best medical practitioners and dermatologists in Agra, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more reasons and remedies for hair fall.
You can consult doctors online for Hair Loss from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Chillhar Road, Bhayandar, Kanakia, Bhayandar, Mandali Talav, Bhayandar, Navghar Road, Bhayandar, Sector 9, Bhayandar, Shanti Park, Bhayandar and in any other locality in Mumbai.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Shushrusha Hospital, Mumbai for Hair Loss. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.