Patient reviews for Doctors for GERD in Sion, Mumbai
Prajakta Patil's review for Dr. Keyur A Sheth
The doctor was very reassuring and cooperative. Found a good solution to the problem after a few u successful consultations! Wi... Read more reviews
Also known as Acid Reflux, the Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a digestive disorder that affects the digestive system, especially the lower oesophageal sphincter (LES). Heartburn is the most common symptom of GERD. Many people with GERD say that it feels that their food is coming back to their mouth, leaving an acidic taste.
HOW IS GERD DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of GERD is based on:
• The symptoms.
• A test to monitor the amount of acid in your esophagus.
• Another type is a clip that's placed in your esophagus during endoscopy.
• An X-ray of your upper digestive system.
• A flexible tube to look inside your esophagus.
• A test to measure the movement of the esophagus.
HOW IS GERD TREATED?
Treatment for heartburn and other signs and symptoms of GERD usually begins with medications that control acid. In situations where medications aren't helpful or wish to avoid long-term medication use, the doctor may recommend more-invasive procedures, such as:
• Surgery to reinforce the lower esophageal sphincter (Nissen fundoplication).
• Surgery to strengthen the lower esophageal sphincter (Linx).
DID YOU KNOW?
Decreasing the size of your meals and having food more frequently in smaller portions can help in easing off the symptoms of GERD.