Common gastric troubles include heartburn, GERD, IBD and IBS. The symptoms common to these conditions include bloating, diarrhoea, stomach pain and cramps.
HOW IS GASTRIC TROUBLE DIAGNOSED?
A general physician would check your lifestyle and food habits along with examining the stomach area physically. An x-ray or scan with some blood tests are suggested too.
HOW IS GASTRIC TROUBLE TREATED?
Gastric Trouble may be caused by various health issues. Treatment targets addressing these issues and minimizing discomfort. Identifying the trigger of gastric trouble is important. Avoidance of the trigger helps prevent gas trouble. Over the counter medication is also available for relief from heaviness or heartburn
DID YOU KNOW?
In women gastric trouble may also be due to hormonal changes
Gastric problems generally affect the food pipe (esophagus) and/or the stomach. An irritation of the membranous lining of the stomach causes stomach pain and gastric troubles.
Here are a few of the organic causes of gastric problems:
• Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease: A chronic condition, GERD develops when the bile juice flows backward into the oesophagus, irritating the membranous lining.
• Peptic ulcer disease: The prolonged use of NSAIDs like aspirin, painkillers like erythromycin, corticosteroids and/or beta-blockers and Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection harm the duodenal lining or the innermost layer of the stomach. This in turn causes peptic ulcer.
• Gallstone disease: Usually without symptoms, gallstone may induce gastric symptoms if the bile duct is blocked or the gallbladder is inflamed.
• Cancer: Cancer of the liver, pancreas or stomach triggers all the symptoms of gastric problem along with recurrent stomach pain.
If none of the organic causes can be detected as a reason for gastric problems, the patient may be suffering from non-ulcer dyspepsia which results in upper abdominal pain.
Avoid the following practices to cure the incidence of gastric which requires long-term care.
• Leading a stressful life
• Consumption of unhealthy food
• Consuming alcohol
• Drug use
• Skipping meals or over-eating
Gastric problems usually show the following symptoms:
• Stomach Pain
• Gas trouble and flatulence: Flatulence is the forced ejection of gas through the rectum. Though the gas is usually odorless, in case of gastric problems, it may often be foul-smelling.
• Bloating: Irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, constipation and the consumption of unhealthy food causes bloating or the abnormal increase of abdominal diameter as a result of gas accumulation. It is usually accompanied by the sound of continuous stomach growling and abdominal pressure. If the sound is absent, it may be the indication of some serious medical complication
• Heart burn, nausea and vomiting.
Follow these simple home remedies for quick relief from all problems of gastric:
• Mix the juice of one lemon in a cup of water with a tablespoon of baking soda. This will alleviate the gas problem.
• Drink a lot of water to prevent flatulence.
• Apart from cases of lactose intolerance, drinking a glass of milk with powdered turmeric leaves is of great help to reduce stomach pain.
• Mix three drops of apple cider vinegar in warm water. Drink the mixture when cool for relief from gas problem.
• Chew a small piece of ginger slowly along with your food to cure gas trouble.
When the gastric problem is induced by stressful life, small doses of anxiety-relieving medicines and anti-depressants are prescribed along with medicines to control and reduce the production of acid in the stomach. Gastric requires proper care. Along with a few changes in lifestyle, a regular exercise regime is also to be adopted. Yogasana like pranayama and vajrasana are effective.
Get expert medical advice on the treatment of stomach pain and gastric on Lybrate. We offer you the ease of instant online interaction with the top gastroenterologists along with the facility of booking consultation appointments for free. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for more genuine medical advice on stomach pain gastric problem, flatulence and bloating, etc. Search for the best general physicians and gastroenterologists in Thane, Thoothukudi, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam, Bangalore etc.
You can consult doctors online for Gastric Trouble from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Chillhar Road, Bhayandar, Kanakia, Bhayandar, Mandali Talav, Bhayandar, Navghar Road, Bhayandar, Sector 9, Bhayandar, Shanti Park, Bhayandar and in any other locality in Mumbai.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai for Gastric Trouble. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.