My experience with jiva Ayurveda was fantastic.the staff was cooperative and doctor gave me the useful advice. Read more reviews
Fatigue (either physical, mental or both) is a symptom that may be difficult for the patient to describe and words like lethargic, exhausted and tired may be used. Here are numerous causes of fatigue symptoms. Examples of some treatable causes of fatigue include anemia, diabetes, thyroid disease, heart disease, COPD and sleep disorders. The symptoms are:
1. Loss of memory or concentration
2. feeling unrefreshed after a night's sleep
3. chronic insomnia
4. muscle pain
5. frequent headaches
6. multijoint pain without redness or swelling
7. frequent sore throat
8. tender lymph nodes in your neck and armpits
HOW IS FATIGUE DIAGNOSED?
For a general physician, it is more important to diagnose the cause of fatigue than the condition itself. A thorough physical examination along with some lab tests such as thyroid imbalance test, blood glucose levels, CBC, tests for deficiency of vitamins may be conducted.
HOW IS FATIGUE TREATED?
Treatment for fatigue depends on the underlying cause. If it is due to lifestyle factors, then appropriate modifications to your lifestyle may help do away with fatigue. Other causes need to be treated accordingly
DID YOU KNOW?
In some cases fatigue may be accompanied by weight loss.
Those suffering from fibromyalgia suffer from muscle fatigue. Certain parts of the body of patients with fibromyalgia are highly sensitive. When pressure is applied there, it leads to sensations of pain in the people affected by fibromyalgia.
Chronic fatigue syndrome
CFS or chronic fatigue syndrome has a debilitating effect on the person suffering from chronic fatigue symptom. The patients of chronic fatigue syndrome show signs extreme tiredness and other symptoms of exhaustion which are not remedied by bed rest. What leads to chronic fatigue syndrome still remains a mystery.
People Prone to Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is most typically found in women in their middle ages. What makes fibromyalgia hard to diagnose is the fact that the symptoms may appear and disappear. Fibromyalgia may also strike people with:
• People with rheumatoid arthritis are more likely to develop fibromyalgia than others.
• Diseases that affect the immune system too are more at risk of developing fibromyalgia.
• Mood problems too can indicate fibromyalgia.
Symptoms That Go Along with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
How severe are the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome is a matter that is variable according to the particular sufferer of CFS. Different people suffering from the same syndrome namely chronic fatigue syndrome show different symptoms. The tasks carried out by people suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome are affected by the disease. Extreme tiredness, symptoms of exhaustion are common complaints amongst people suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. Even bed rest is not enough to alleviate the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Methods Used to Treat Fibromyalgia
Medicinal treatment of Fibromyalgia is not that reliable as science searches on for more effective fibromyalgia treatment. Alternative therapies to treat fibromyalgia include:
• Acupuncture, according to some studies is a good alternative therapy for fibromyalgia.
• Balneotherapy also works in some cases of fibromyalgia.
• Biofeedback also cures fibromyalgia in some patients affected by fibromyalgia.
• Vitamin D supplements are a must for people suffering from fibromyalgia.
However, it should be noted that these alternative remedies for fibromyalgia are yet to be backed up by large-scale studies. Even when they're effective seldom are they comprehensive in relieving fibromyalgia. More large-scale studies need to be conducted for the veracity of their claims to treat fibromyalgia.
Methods Used to Treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
CFS symptoms of exhaustion and extreme tiredness can be, remedied to a particular point by the following:
• Psychological counseling helps you come to terms with chronic fatigue syndrome.
• You must also make intentional changes to your mindset to better fight chronic fatigue syndrome and the symptoms of extreme tiredness, symptoms of exhaustion and muscle fatigue
Psychological counselling to help you cope with CFS and improve your mindset
• Do not overexert yourself if you are suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome.
• Change your lifestyle and avoid unhealthy foods and substances like caffeine, alcohol etc. if you are suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. They might aggravate the symptoms of exhaustion, muscle fatigue, and extreme tiredness even further.
• Physical therapists might also help by structuring an exercise regimen for you that helps you fight chronic fatigue syndrome.
• Get enough sleep to keep the extreme tiredness at bay. Sleep is essential for all including those suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome.
To get detailed information about the best medical experts in this field turn to Lybrate which lists the best neuro-psychiatrists and rheumatologists in Surat, Thane, Thoothukudi, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam etc.
You can consult doctors online for Fatigue from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Chillhar Road, Bhayandar, Kanakia, Bhayandar, Mandali Talav, Bhayandar, Navghar Road, Bhayandar, Sector 9, Bhayandar, Shanti Park, Bhayandar and in any other locality in Mumbai.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Nulife Hospital, Mumbai for Fatigue. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.