A cold cough is a common viral infection of the nose and throat. It usually begins with a sore throat, and before you know it, you've also got these symptoms:
• a runny nose (clear and watery)
HOW IS COLD COUGH DIAGNOSED?
The diagnosis is based upon physical examination and medical history. The health care practitioner will check the body temperature with a thermometer and check the pulse of the patient to detect the situation.
HOW IS COLD COUGH TREATED?
The treatment involves steaming, gargling, medications, keeping warm, increasing intake of warm liquids like tea and coffee, taking rest, etc. Intensive self-care and home remedies alone can help get relief from a cold cough.
DID YOU KNOW?
In case there is an infection, the doctor may prescribe oral antibiotics accordingly.
Common cold is a bacterial infection that lasts for about a week or two. It is frequent among many kids and adults, and is one of its first symptoms is a sore throat, which is then followed by a runny nose, tiredness and constant coughing. A common cold does not generally result in a fever. If a person with common cold symptoms also develops a fever, he may be have the flu or another bacterial infection. Thus it is important that the symptoms are carefully monitored during the first few days of the cold. If the cold persists beyond the two weeks that it generally lasts, it may indicate towards another problem like an allergic reaction (hay fever). In this case a doctor should be consulted as soon as possible.
Initially, the nose is quite runny after which the mucus tends to thicken and darken, this causes congestion of the lungs and the throat. It can lead to complications like a blocked nose, which can make breathing difficult and clogged sinuses that can cause pain and discomfort. Constant dry cough can make the throat very itchy and sore. Although a cough syrup and an over the counter medicine for the cold will gradually subside the effects of the infection, one can seek temporary relief from the symptoms through some of these cold and cough remedies-
• Ensure that you get plenty of rest and stay warm. A common cold is a sign that the immune system is week and needs some sort of care. Taking rest will strengthen the immune system so that one can resume their daily activities again. Rest will also ensure less stress, which will helps in speedy recovery.
• Plenty of fluid intake is also essential, to help flush out all the harmful toxins from the body. It is recommended that along with a lot of water, other fluids like juice, tea, chicken and vegetable soup and ginger ale will help strengthen the body and cur the infection.
• A hot steam or a hot shower will effectively help relax the body, as well as break down the congestion in the nasal cavity and lungs.
• Gargling with hot water will not only ease the scratch from the throat, but will also break down congestion. It definitely offers temporary relief from the throat irritation.
When it comes to children, a cold and cough may indicate towards a whooping cough infection. This infection especially affects young infants who aren’t old enough to get the vaccine. If the symptoms of cold last for more than 10 days and are accompanied with vomiting, extreme tiredness and a cough with a whooping sound, a doctor should be consulted immediately.
Lybrate offers to you an opportunity to consult with the best common cold specialists either online or through an appointment. Lybrate is the ideal platform which will introduce you to top doctors across India. Locate the best common cold specialists and general physicians in Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon etc. Lybrate.com offers you online access to doctors for answers to all your medical problems. Subscribe to Lybrate.com and get in touch with the best doctors for effective cough remedies and cough treatment.
Call doctors and view Cold Cough treatment cost in Chillhar Road, Bhayandar, Kanakia, Bhayandar, Mandali Talav, Bhayandar, Navghar Road, Bhayandar, Sector 9, Bhayandar, Shanti Park, Bhayandar and in any other locality in Mumbai. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Cold Cough.
All doctors listed above are best doctors available in Sai Snehdeep Hospital , Mumbai for Cold Cough. Post a free query today at Lybrate and receive answers from top doctors.