Doctors for Arthritis in Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Arthritis in Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai
Priti jain's review for Dr. Sambhav Shah
He is bestie doc . God hv send as a gift for us. No words for him .God bless him Read more reviews
Rohan Gupta's review for Jiva Ayurveda
My experience with jiva Ayurveda was fantastic.the staff was cooperative and doctor gave me the useful advice. Read more reviews
Degeneration of precious and movement supporting connective tissue and cartilage can lead to inflammation in the joints which is the primary cause of arthritis. The two most common forms of arthritis include rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis. The symptoms of arthritis include joint pain, stiffness in the joints, skin redness around the joint, swelling and fatigue.
HOW IS ARTHRITIS DIAGNOSED?
It is diagnosed under rheumatology by physical examination and conducting certain lab tests.
HOW IS ARTHRITIS TREATED?
The primary aim of the treatment would be to reduce the pain and avoid further damage to the joints. The Orthopedic surgeon may prescribe medicines along with a combination of other treatments e.g. surgery and physical therapy for best and successful results.
DID YOU KNOW?
There is no cure for arthritis. However, the right treatment can reduce your symptoms and provide relief from pain. It may get worse with age. The major risk factors for arthritis are genes that are inherited from ancestors
Arthritis meaning “swelling joints” can affect not only but also people under the age of 65. Arthritis is caused when the amount of the protective tissue decreases resulting in a wear and tear of the tissues. Arthritis meaning a joint disease, but it can also affect other body parts including the heart, skin, blood vessels and nerve tissues. Mostly common in women, the condition also worsens with age. Common signs and symptoms of arthritis are as follows:
• Joint stiffness
• Knee joint pain
• Swelling and redness around the affected area
The above symptoms vary from person to person and the symptoms may disappear sometimes. The symptoms might be minor or chronic. Chronic arthritis can cause you difficulty in walking and moving and result in certain permanent changes.
A physical examination by the doctor will help in detecting the disease. Imaging scans like MRI, CT scans and X-rays are done to check if you have any other complications apart from arthritis.
Arthritis is a condition which cannot be cured permanently but temporary relief is possible. The stiffness, redness, pain and swelling can be lessened by the help of certain drugs, therapies and surgeries.
The following are the two main types of arthritis.
1. Rheumatism or rheumatoid arthritis- rheumatism is a condition which not only affects your joints but also other body organs. It is an autoimmune disease which means it fails to protect our skin tissues and instead attacks the joint tissues. The condition is accompanied with stiffness, swelling, pain and redness around the area. The affected area loses its shape and cause difficulty in movement. Since rheumatism affects the lining of the joints, the painful swelling can result in bone erosion and bone distortion entirely. The symptoms spread to your knees, elbows, wrists and hands. However the symptoms vary from person to person and might also disappear at times. Certain blood tests and imaging tests can reveal if you are having rheumatoid arthritis. Exact cure is not possible but temporary relief from the symptoms are possible through certain drugs, massages, yoga and surgeries.
2. Osteoarthritis- one of the most common arthritis affecting billions of people all over the world is osteoarthritis. It can affect any joint of your body along with knees, hands, hips and spine. Stiffness, bone spurs, tenderness, pain and loss of flexibility are few symptoms occurring in people suffering from osteoarthritis. Magnetic resonance imaging and x-rays can help in detecting if you have osteoarthritis. Certain changes in lifestyle conditions, physical therapies, medications and surgeries can help in lessening the symptoms. Generally gain in weight results in pressure in the joints, so it is advisable to lose weight and exercise regularly.
Some other types of arthritis are:
1. Gouty arthritis develops with swelling and intense pain in the joints. Mostly affecting men, gouty arthritis triggers increased amounts of stress, obesity, dehydration and any injury
2. Reactive arthritis is swelling with joint pain which worsens with an infection
3. Viral arthritis is a type of arthritis which gets triggered by any kind of virus
4. Septic arthritis which is caused by an infection
Lybrate offers you a chance to contact the top rheumatologists and seek their advice on rheumatoid arthritis. Find top rheumatologists in Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar etc. lybrate.com offers online guidance and effective solutions to all your medical needs.
You can consult doctors online for Arthritis from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Chillhar Road, Bhayandar, Kanakia, Bhayandar, Mandali Talav, Bhayandar, Navghar Road, Bhayandar, Sector 9, Bhayandar, Shanti Park, Bhayandar and in any other locality in Mumbai.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai for Arthritis. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.