Anxiety is an emotion that represents an unpleasant state of mind often caused by inner turmoil. Anxiety is a normal emotion, but prolonged high anxiety levels can cause distress and interfere with your normal life, leading to a number of serious mental illnesses. There are several kinds of anxiety caused disorders, such as, panic attack, phobias, generalized anxiety and social anxiety disorder. Symptoms are: • Feeling of panic, fear and uneasiness • Cold or sweaty hands • Shortness of breath • Heart palpitations • Sleeping issues • Dry mouth • Muscle tension • Dizziness
HOW IS ANXIETY DIAGNOSED?
Usually, a general physician will carry out a physical examination based on a question and answer session before referring the case to a psychologist or psychiatrist, depending on the severity of the case. The specialist will then study verbal and nonverbal cues to diagnose the anxiety issue.
HOW IS ANXIETY TREATED?
The treatment for anxiety is generally centered around cognitive behaviour therapy as well as psychotherapy. Severe cases may require medication as well. Also, relaxation therapy can help patients suffering from anxiety.
DID YOU KNOW?
The best way to prevent Anxiety disorder is to stay positive and have an attitude to face problems in life. Avoid consumption of caffeine and alcohol to utilize and maximize the use of the conscious which will help in effective decision making.
The nervous feeling when you are about to take a test or give a speech is a sign of nervousness. But anxiety symptoms include a distress feeling that shows symptoms of depression to such an extent that it makes living a normal life way too difficult for you. It is a serious type of mental illness and you may have to consult a doctor for anxiety attack or when you start to see sign of depression in your behavior. There are several anxiety symptoms and those include the following mental disorders.
1. Panic disorder- The sign of depression in this mental disorder includes chest pain, palpitations like shortness of heartbeats, or immense sweating. It will make you feel over excited and form a serious type of anxiety attack.
2. Social disorder- These are signs of depression in which you feel that you are being judged by other people including your family members. The anxiety attack is also known as social phobia.
3. General Anxiety Disorder- Also known as GAD in everyday terms, in this type of mental disorders there is a constant worry within you to show anxiety symptoms like excessive tension and unrealistic thoughts. GAD affects the way you lead your normal daily life and you should get psychotherapy treatment from your doctor.
4. Specific phobias- This is a common mental disorder that may give you serious phobias about a specific situation or event like flying or tall heights.
The depression systems in your body may give you this type of anxiety symptoms:
1. Anxiety may give you problem during sleeping
2. Sweaty hands or feet
3. Anxiety symptoms like shortness in breath and over excitement are signs that you are having anxiety attack
The signs of mental disorder can be treated by the way of psychotherapy. Obsessive Compulsion Disorder or GAD shows signs of depression but the exact cause of this is not known. But there are certain factors that contribute to anxiety attack. Those are:
1. Environment- Some factors that lead to gad are heavily dependant on factors like past traumatic experience or the death of a person you loved too much. Consumption or sudden withdrawal of alcohol or drugs may lead to anxiety symptoms or signs of depression. GAD shows signs of stress and can becomes worse too.
2. Genetics- Family history and hereditary plays an important role in the symptoms of GAD and obsessive compulsive disorder. The tendency of GAD can be passed over from among family members.
3. Brain functioning and the pathway of nerve cell that connect with the part of brain that deal with emotion and stress plays an important role in the formation of GAD and anxiety symptoms that shows the sign of depression.
Psychotherapy is the treatment that deals with mental health problems. You can talk with your doctor or psychologist/psychiatrist about your mental illness and the problems you face in your daily life. Psychotherapy is the branch or general term that deals with GAD and obsessive compulsive disorder. Also cognitive behavioral treatment strives to change your reaction to the problems you face in your daily personal life. Cognitive behavioral therapy changes your thoughts and belief to help you lead a better life.
Lybrate offers you the best medical practitioners and psychologists related to GAD and obsessive compulsive disorder in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Panaji. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about the signs of depression and anxiety attack along with help and information about psychotherapy treatment.
You can consult doctors online for Anxiety from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Chillhar Road, Bhayandar, Kanakia, Bhayandar, Mandali Talav, Bhayandar, Navghar Road, Bhayandar, Sector 9, Bhayandar, Shanti Park, Bhayandar and in any other locality in Mumbai.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Shushrusha Hospital, Mumbai for Anxiety. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.