Alcohol addiction also known as alcoholism is the helplessness to control the urge of drinking caused by physical or emotional breakdown. People with alcohol addiction may start their day with a drink and continue to do so till the end of the day. The various symptoms are: • Loss of consciousness • Black out • Redness on the face • Late reflexes • Stomach pain, nausea and vomiting
HOW IS ALCOHOL ADDICTION DIAGNOSED?
There is no routine procedure to diagnose alcohol addiction. However, sustained alcoholism can severely damage a patient’s physical and mental health. Thus, a routine physical examination including a liver or blood test can help determine the intensity of alcohol abuse in a patient’s body.
HOW IS ALCOHOL ADDICTION TREATED?
Treatment for this condition is usually a long drawn out process that can take years, depending on the extent and duration of suffering. Medical detoxification and even therapy may be required for treating this problem.
DID YOU KNOW?
A man consuming more than 4 drinks at one time is termed as an alcohol addict.
Alcohol abuse or alcoholism is the same conditions in which you are unable to control the habit of drinking due to dependence of alcohol both physically and emotionally. The conditions can last for years and can increase or decrease depending upon your willpower and determination. Alcoholism is a serious social issue and is banned in many places around the globe. Alcohol abuse can be treated by a medical professional and is usually self diagnosable. Alcohol can cause serious damage to your liver and respiratory system and many people have lost their lives due to alcohol and drug abuse. However, there are detoxification programs that are available at medical centers and hospital which can help you overcome alcohol withdrawal symptoms to help you lead a healthy life with your family and friends. Medicines are also available that can help to reduce the desire to alcohol and drugs abuse.
The following are the dangerous symptoms and reasons of alcohol and other drugs abuse:
1. Stress and anxiety relief- A major reason for alcohol abuse is when you tend to choose alcohol for emotional reasons. The relief alcohol provides from stress and emotional pain is temporary and can cause serious health concerns in the longer run. It is a very bad sign if you use alcohol for this reason and is advised that you consult your doctor immediately if you are having personal problems.
2. Unable to stop and over consumption of alcohol is another serious issue faced by those who are in the habit of alcohol abuse. Drinking hour by hour in a continuous span of time will eventually make you sick and can cause damage to your respiratory problems. This just shows that you do not have full control of your problem and may make things worse for your family.
3. Drinking before some important activity like driving or before going to work is a dangerous sign of alcohol abuse. Also drinking against the advice of doctors when you are on medication for some other health concern can make you sicker and can have adverse side effects on your health. The normal procedure of any medication requires you to stay away from any type of alcohol or drug abuse.
4. Having a troubled relationship with your loved ones or a past experiences can be solved without the use of alcohol abuse. This symptom of alcoholism often leads to drug abuse. It is better to discuss your relationship status openly with your loved ones and close family members rather than taking alcohol as a medicine of last resort.
5. The habit of alcoholism may go away after you have convinced yourself to stay away from it. But alcohol withdrawal symptoms like tiredness, anxiety, depression etc. may occur. The lack of alcohol will initially show some signs of displeasure but will yield positive results on your health once you quit alcohol for a long period of time. Alcohol withdrawal symptoms are temporary and can be controlled with some medicines prescribed by your doctor. You must not resort to drug abuse too if you want to get rid of alcoholism.
If you are unable to get rid of your alcoholism or drug abuse related behavior, make sure to remember that it will shorten your life expectancy. Lybrate offers you the best medical practitioners and psychologists who can help you in alcohol withdrawal techniques and syndrome at Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about the alcohol detoxification and withdrawal.
Consult top doctors for Alcohol Addiction online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Chillhar Road, Bhayandar, Kanakia, Bhayandar, Mandali Talav, Bhayandar, Navghar Road, Bhayandar, Sector 9, Bhayandar, Shanti Park, Bhayandar and in any other locality in Mumbai for Alcohol Addiction.
Above are listed top doctors for Alcohol Addiction in Sewri West , Mumbai. Post a free question today regarding Alcohol Addiction and get answers from top doctors in no time.