Doctors in Zynova Heart Hospital
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Zynova Heart HospitalYour feedback matters!
Lower back pain is one of the most common ailments among adults all across the world. You may wake up in the morning with an energising drink before going out to work. After you arrive at work, you may have to sit there till lunch, which involves further sitting and you are required to sit for more hours for completing the remaining work. Then you come back home by sitting in the car and have the night’s meal while again sitting. Did you know sitting through the day is the major culprit behind your back pain? Thankfully, yoga has effective ways of treating back pain to a considerable degree.
You can choose to do the following yoga poses for alleviating your back ache:
- Supine hamstring stretch: You will have to lie back on your back and bend the right knee to the chest. Then you will have to place a rolled-up towel around the football and straighten the leg towards the ceiling and press both the heels. In case your lower back feels strained, you can bend your left knee and place the foot right on the ground. Hold the position for about 3 to 5 minutes and practice regularly for soothing back pain.
- Two knee twist: You will have to bend your knees to the chest while lying on the back and try to bring out the arms forming a T-shape. Then try to exhale and lower down the knees on the ground towards your right side. Keep both the shoulders pressed down firmly and hold this position for about 2 minutes for best results.
- Sphinx: You will have to prop yourself on the forearms while lying on the stomach. You will then have to align the elbows right under the shoulders and press through the tops and palms of the feet. You are likely to feel terrific sensations down your lower back, but it is advised to bear through it as it allows the flow of blood to that region which is required for healing. Practice the position regularly and hold it for at least one minute.
- Thread the needle: This is quite an easier pose where you will have to lie flat on your back by bending both the knees with your feet flat on the ground. You will now have to bend the right knee by placing the outer left ankle through the right thigh. You will have to thread the right hand between the leg and interlace the hands behind the left thigh.
These positions would help in soothing your lower back pain, but it is recommended to consult a doctor if the pain still persists. Ayurvedic Tiktaksheer basti, massage therapy and certain oral medicines can help a lot in speedy recovery from spine/back related problems.
Ayurved has a very unique way of drug administration called Basti in which various medicines are given through the anus ( Rectal route)...For Lumbosacral / spine disorders a very specialised form of enema Tiktaksheer Basti (Medicated Bitter Milk enema) is given which shows amazing results. Kindly consult a specialized Ayurvedic practitioner for additional details.
Kati Basti (Vasti) is a traditional Ayurvedic treatment used for lower backache and disorders of lumbosacral region, including slip disc, lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, spinal problems etc. Kati Vasti is a part of external oleation (Snehana) therapy in Ayurveda. It is very safe, non-invasive and green category procedure.
In this procedure, you will get instant relief from backache. After completing a course of 7 to 21 days, you may not need any kind of oral medicines. It is a complete therapy for back pain and lumbosacral disorders.
However, the results vary person to person, but in most of cases, people get quick relief after the procedure.
I smoke about 6-10 cigarettes per day. I have this habit from almost 3 years and I have hypertension from around 5 years. Now my heart pulse rate is 92 bpm. Is it any risk? Or is it normal?
My sr Triglycerides level is 256. Also VLDL is 50. Kindly suggest weather I need to go for treatment or exercises. BP is 130/85. Non diabetic. HR 5'10 weight 90 kg Age 34 Sex Male.
Hi, 25 year old male, lower chest pain near the abdomen, lasts for several minutes and then vanishes.
Physiotherapy is important for treating and preventing many musculoskeletal disorders as well as for the simple things like posture correction. Below is the list of top physiotherapists in Mumbai for an intensive and comprehensive care are:
BPTh/BPT, Bachelor In TCM, DTCM
Dr. Varun Shanbhag is a Physiotherapist with specialisation in treating neuro, sports and musculoskeletal. He has 5 years of experience and practices at Exercise Clinic, Mumbai. He has many international certification like MOTNS, Crossfit L1, Neurolinguistic programmer, sports nutritionist, Neurodevelopmental Therapy. He has also done advanced certifications in Kinesiology Taping, Dry Needling and Mulligan Therapy.
Consultation fees: ₹500
MSPT (Master of Physical Therapy)
Dr. Pooja Mehta is founder of Dr.Pooja Mehta clinic. She has been part of Sports Physio for Maharashtra women's football team was associated with tennis team. She is certified in manual therapy, Dry Needing, Cupping, Trigger Point, Soft tissue release, MFR, Sports Taping, Kinesio Taping, Dynamic Taping.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Dimple Kapasi runs her own clinic- Dr Dimple Kapasi's Physiotherapy Clinic. She has an experience of 14 years in the field of physiotherapy in India and USA. In her career she has successfully treated people with all age groups from Children to old age. Her areas of expertise are orthopedic, neurology, surgery and pre/post natal conditions. She has conducted various workshops on hip and knee joint replacement in USA with team of orthopedic surgeons.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Kumar is a well known physiotherapist with 9 years of experience. He currently practices at Saachi. His clinic is known for using the best and latest technology in machines for treating any pain and bone related ailments. Areas of specialization are general, orthopedic, neurology, geriatric, sports injuries and joint pain.
Consultation fees: ₹400
MDT(Mc Kenzie) , P.G-Dietitian, N.D.T-( Neuro Development Technic )
Dr. Khan has an experience of 10 years as a physiotherapist. After his pos graduation he has done a specialisation inNutrition and dietetics. He is certified by neuro-ortho institute, Australia. He specialises as Neuromuscular Physiotherapist and is known to practice using advance techniques like dry needling for trigger point and movement enhancement. He also home visits in special cases or you can visit him at Millennium Scan Centre in Kurla Nursing Home, Mumbai
Consultation fees: ₹300
MPTh- Musculo Skeletal Conditions
Dr. Priti Mehendale is a renowned physiotherapist with 15 years of experience in Mumbai. She currently practices at Physiologix - Physical Therapy Centre By Priti Mehendale. She specialises in treating cervical & back pain, obesity, diabetes, PCOD and sport injuries .
Consultation fees: ₹700
Dr.Tapan Haresh Shah is consultant physiotherapist with 15 years of experience. He specializes in the field of musculoskeletal and sports. He is good at diagnosing foot problems and providing orthotic prescription. He currently practices at Beyond Movement, Mumbai.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Deepa Verma has 13 years of experience and practices at Movement For life. She specializes in treatment of coccydynia or tailbone pain. Other than this she also has special interest in cases of post surgery, knee pain, sports, geriatric physical physiotherapy. She is a member of Indian Association of Physiotherapist & Indian Red Cross Society.
Consultation fees: ₹400
BPTh/BPT, Diploma in Acupuncture, MPTh/MPT - Sports & Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Dr. Sanjay Bakhshi is practicing from last 20 years and is currently working as a consultant and neurorehabilitation specialist at his own clinic- Dr Sanjay Bakhshi Physioline. He is pioneer in India for using Robotic Glove Gloreha therapy for the treatment of Paralysis in India. He has treated many cases of paralysis in India including some renowned film personalities like late Mr. Sunil Dutt.
Consultation fees: ₹1500
MPTh/MPT, MSC CVR, MANUAL THERAPIST
Dr. Vivek Kakkar is a famous physiotherapist who is practicing in Mumbai from last 15 years. in these fields. He currently runs his own clinic- Dr. Kakkar's Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Center in different parts of Mumbai. He is a certified manual therapist in spine and a member of Indian Association of Physiotherapist.
Consultation fees: ₹550-1000
Hi, An irregular growth in toes, causes pain during walk or when it's pressed i'm advised to use corn-cap but the pain doesn't go away .What else can I do to get rid of it?
I am 36 years old female. I am suffering from smelly white discharge. I have severe lower backache too. Please suggest me what should I do?
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that results in rapid heartbeat leading to heart failure, stroke, and other cardiac complications. In this condition, the upper valves of the heart beat irregularly. Some of the common symptoms of this condition include weakness, heart palpitations and shortness of breath. There could be several episodes of Atrial fibrillation. Although it is not life threatening, there could be serious complications owing to the nature of the condition. Atrial fibrillation can also lead to a condition known as the ischemia.
What are the different types of Atrial fibrillation?
- Occasional- This condition is also known as paroxysmal fibrillation. Here the symptoms come and go. For few patients, the symptoms might stay for a few minutes, for others, it can stay up to hours before everything becomes normal again.
- Persistent- The beat of the heart does not go back to normal. Medication along with electric shocks might be required to amend the condition.
- Long-standing persistent- This is the kind of Atrial fibrillation that can last up to 12 months at stretch.
- Permanent- This is the type where the erratic rhythm of the heartbeat can’t be restored. Long term medication is required to fix the condition.
What are the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation?
Some of the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation include Coronary artery disease, sleep apnea, viral infection, lung diseases, exposure to tobacco, caffeine, etc, metabolic imbalance, hyperactive thyroid gland, viral infections, congenital heart defects, stress due to illness, pneumonia and surgery, history of heart surgeries etc.
What are the risk factors for Atrial fibrillation?
Here are some of the common risk factors for this condition:
- Age plays a critical role in any cardiac related disorder. The older a person is, the greater are the chances of Atrial fibrillation
- High blood pressure along with unhealthy lifestyle can increase the risk of Atrial fibrillation
- People with a history of obesity can get this disease
- Chronic conditions such as kidney disease, metabolic syndrome, thyroid problems can lead to Atrial fibrillation
- People with an existing heart condition such as heart problem, heart palpitation, valve failure, coronary artery disease etc have an increased risk of suffering from Atrial fibrillation.
How is Atrial fibrillation diagnosed?
A doctor might use one of the many tests or diagnostic technique that are available to diagnose this condition:
- ECG- This is first but an important test to fathom whether there are any irregularities in the heart beat. The sensor presents in the ECG machine throws heart bit diagram in the form of graphs.
- Echocardiogram- This is a technique wherein sound waves are passed through the heart and an image is taken to understand about any possible irregularities. This is a fine test that can readily detect underlying and structural heart diseases.
- Blood tests- Blood tests can help to identify any thyroid irregularity or other condition that might lead to Atrial fibrillation.