Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Shweta Shah
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Shweta ShahYour feedback matters!
She helped me manage my weight in a very healthy technique which includes numerous meals throughout the day. I am really happy with the transformation with the help of Dt. Shweta shah :-) I would strongly recommend Dt. Shweta shah to my friends and family
Gave me the easy to follow vegetarian diet. Very friendly and listens patiently.
Diabetes is one of the worst diseases which has gripped majority of people today, thanks to our erratic work schedule followed by a lack of exercise and sleep, aggravated by the overindulgence in junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes by following some simple dietary tips.
The fact is dieting doesn’t mean starving; you can have tasty nutritious food which is mentally and physically rejuvenating.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check-
- Include adequate vegetables in your diet; especially which have high fibre content. Leafy vegetables such as spinach and vegetables such as peas, broccoli and beans are a must.
- Include high fibre foods such as chickpea wheat, oats and millets in your diet.
- Milk has the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate and can control blood sugar levels.
- Make sure you eat pulses, especially those with husk and sprouts, as they keep your blood glucose levels normal. Even when you are having noodles, you must add sprouts to them apart from the vegetables.
- Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are excellent for combating diabetes. These include flax seed oil, nuts, fatty fish; these have a very small level of cholesterol.
- Consume high fibre fruits such as papaya, pear, orange, guava etc. Eat those fruits which have high sugar content such as mangoes or grapes, in moderation.
These are some of the foods which you should include in your diet. In addition, there are few everyday tips which you should follow-
- Make sure to have small frequent meals comprising of high fibre and low in carbohydrate foods.
- Methi or fenugreek seeds have high diabetes controlling mechanisms. Soak one tablespoon of the seeds in 100 ml of water overnight and have it in the morning.
- Exercise helps in managing blood sugar levels.
- Losing weight improves the functioning of the insulin.
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan-
First and foremost, take small, manageable steps. Choose two or three things you want to work on. Once you feel you have mastered those you can move on to two or three more steps towards a healthier diet.
Being overweight is a very common health problem these days. Although most people confuse weight with appearance, it is important to clarify certain points. The way a person looks has nothing to do with weight; it all rests upon self-confidence and self-respect of the individual. However, weight can have a major impact on the health of individuals.
A number of serious issues like diabetes, high blood pressure and gynaecological disorders tend to develop, which make lives nothing, but difficult. Given that we have a single life, why not enjoy the world without facing health issues. Here are some tips that could help individuals lose weight quickly.
- Eating food items that would speed up the fat burning process can be a great beginning. Beans, walnuts, apples, spices, oats, ginger and green tea are certain food products, which help in increasing metabolism, thereby, helping in breaking down the food into energy faster, without much sugar storage (which could change into fats eventually).
- Weight loss without exercise would be a slow process and might at times even be ineffective. Running, walking, cycling, boot camping, zumba and body combats are certain ways that help lose weight faster. Also cardio is an important part of exercise that enormously helps in weight loss. Jogging, swimming, circuit training, cross-trainer, etc. are certain examples of cardio exercises. Walking for 30 minutes every day prevents gaining weight, however, walking 45 minutes promotes weight loss.
- Another great method for losing weight sooner is weight training. This not only helps in losing weight efficiently but also helps in staying fit over the years. With proper weight training, the muscles can be made stronger, thereby improving metabolism because muscles help burn calories very efficiently.
- One major mistake people make in the spur of losing weight is cutting off meals. That is the worst one could do as it will never produce desired results and at times will add some more pounds to your weight. It is important to have small yet frequent meals throughout the day.
- A proper sleep cycle is absolutely necessary for losing weight. Improper sleep would make us tired and prevent us from working efficiently and also indirectly cause our body to crave for sugar.
- Eating a proper, healthy and full breakfast that would include high fibre and protein would make individuals have a lot of energy throughout the day and also help avoid unnecessary munching.
- Eating fruits vegetables and including complex carbs in your diet is another advice for losing weight faster.
1. Breakfast like a king
Most of us sleep for 6-8 hours in the night. During this time our body’s metabolism slows down, only to kick back when we when up in the morning. According to the dartmouth-hitchcock norris cotton cancer center, eating breakfast can increase your resting metabolism by up to 10 percent. Also, eating breakfast helps you stabilize your blood sugar levels which is important for weight loss. The basic idea behind a heavy breakfast is that, it keeps one satiated for a longer duration due to which they do not indulge into binge eating throughout the entire day.
2. Snacking right
All of us are aware about the mid-meal hunger pangs. Many see this mid-meal hunger pangs as an opportunity to binge onto all the fast foods and junk foods which are high on calories and low on nutrition. To keep these hunger pangs at bay you can indulge into snacks which are healthy and are a good combination of various food groups. The most common and easily available snacking foods are fruits, nuts, buttermilk, soy milk, roasted chana.
3. Make sure your hydrated
You can survive without food for many days but it isn’t the same with water. A loss of 1-2% of body’s water content is enough to make you feel thirsty. Some people don’t feel thirsty until they lose 3% of body’s water content. Dehydration causes body’s basic metabolic processes to slow down. At the cellular level when body is deprived of water, the cells shrink. The body senses changes in the size of the cell and uses it as a signal to slow metabolism. Therefore, liquids should be an integral part of weight loss diet plan.
4. Dinner like a pauper
While on weight loss, go light on dinner. That in no way means you should skip your dinner. Skipping dinner in turn slows your metabolism and works in against of weight loss. A dinner that is high in proteins and fiber simultaneously low in carbohydrates and fats works in the favor of weight loss. Something like an egg salad and soup or a protein shake and salad helps you achieve your weight goals.
No weight loss plan is complete without an exercise routine. For losing weight one needs to create a energy deficit. Energy deficit means burning more calories than consuming. Energy deficit of 500 calories per day can help you lose as much as 0.5 to 1 kg per week (result’s differ from person to person). Creating an energy deficit of 500 calories becomes easy with inclusion of exercise.