Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Roshan Lopes
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dt. Roshan LopesYour feedback matters!
Sir I think I am getting weak day by day as my face looks so thin but my weight remains same my face have thin cheeks and they are in deep hollow and my eyes also going deep please say what I do I want to get chubby cheeks and healthy face.
Ayurveda is a science that uses the simplest of herbs as medicine for treating various ailments as well as preventive medicine. Hence, it is no wonder leading a healthy life starts in the kitchen, as Food is medicine when eaten wisely as per Ayurveda. The primary focus of preparing Ayurveda food is to use simple ingredients with the awareness. Especially when the food habits evolve over generations and miss out on certain important ingredients along with the way, regaining the knowledge is the key. Consuming such a fresh meal prepared with few ingredients can have numerous health benefits. Here are 5 such must-have herbs in every kitchen.
- Turmeric: One of the most common ingredients in every Indian household and used in almost every meal prepared in at least one of the delicacies. The main reason being, turmeric is amazing when it comes to boosting the immunity and metabolism. Turmeric also has anti-septic properties. So, it is safe to apply over wounds to heal completely. And it can also be applied externally for aesthetic purposes as the same antiseptic property can cure numerous skin problems such as acne and eczema.
- Cumin seeds: The immensely beneficial tried and tested herb that aids digestion is Cumin seeds (Jeera). Jeera serves as a preventive medicine for digestive disorders. And it can also be helpful in treating vomiting and diarrhoea as well. Another major health benefit of jeera is that it helps to clear the toxins accumulated in the body over a period of time. This, in turn, aids better nutrient absorption. So, it is clear adding cumin seeds in regular diet enhances the general health and wellbeing.
- Carom seeds: The best solution to chronic gas and bloating issues is consuming carom seeds (Ajwain). Boil the seeds in water, allow it to cool and then drink it to sense the improvement. Similarly, it can provide immediate relief from indigestion. And it provides relief from more common problems such as cold, cough and headaches.
- Black Pepper: This anti-oxidant rich herb’s health benefits are truly uncountable, right from enabling good digestion to aiding in weight loss. It is also proven to cure respiratory ailments as it works on the disease-causing infections to address the cause and cure completely. Hence it is a primary ingredient in Ayurveda medicines for cold and cough. So, adding it to the regular meal can help avoid all these health issues in the first place.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek (Methi), this simple herb has the potential to combat diabetes, the condition that affects a majority of the population in our generation. As per a report by the Indian Council of Medical Research, Fenugreek seeds administered orally in varying doses of 25 grams to 100 grams every day, seem to diminish reactive hyperglycemia in patients suffering from diabetics. Apart from diabetes, it helps cure more common problems such as dandruff, anemia and sore throat.
When it comes to utilizing natural ingredients as Ayurveda medicine moderation is essential, neither too much nor too less to lead a healthy life.
Hi, what vegetable oil do you consider the healthiest and what do you recommend for using in normal day to day food?
My age is 19 but people say me that I look 25 years old please tell me what is the reason for that and please gave some solution.
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person’s healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
Pulsatilla:This is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman’s life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
Cimicifuga:This is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
Sepia:This remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
Lachesis:This is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!