Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dt. Roshan LopesYour feedback matters!
Breakfast is the most significant meal of the day which helps in boosting the energy which will empower people to carry on all through the day. Having a platter of healthy breakfast improves physical and mental health, and it should ideally be low in fat, cholesterol and sodium content and high in minerals, proteins and vitamins content. Preparation of conventional and nutritious meals in the morning is becoming rare due to our preoccupation with different tasks, and this is where the role of cornflakes comes into being.
Cornflakes are widely acknowledged breakfast cereal and help in preparing meals in almost no time. It is low in fat, provides energy and is highly nutritious. And, the best part is that the cornflakes come in different flavours and are easily available in the market worldwide. The breakfast cereal is produced by combining sugar with milled corn and high fructose corn syrup. It is proven that these flakes offer an easy utilisation of the minerals, vitamins and other nutrients than its non-milled counterparts.
There are different varieties of cornflakes, which include:
- Cornflakes with milk: Cornflakes are a protein rich food. Protein is essential for the red blood cells and for the right functioning of the antibodies which resist infection. Having this type of cornflakes helps in the regulation of the hormones and enzymes as well as repairing body tissues.
- Frosted cornflakes: This cornflakes meal is particularly desirable for growing children. They are considered a rich source of protein, calcium and mineral and the added sugar gives the energy to function properly.
- Honey Cornflakes: Honey cornflakes are quite favourite among kids and adults alike. As they are rich in all the nutrients whereas honey provides thiamin, niacin, riboflavin along with vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. So, you should consider adding this cereal to your daily meals.
- Almond cornflakes: Like honey cornflakes, this variant also combines the goodness of both almonds and cornflakes. Almonds help to improve mental health, strengthens muscles and tissues, prolongs life, and enhances the texture of skin and hair. It is also found beneficial in curing cough and preventing asthma. Thus, you must invest in almond cornflakes for its high nutritional value.
- Carotenoid cornflakes: You can also look for cornflakes rich in beta-cryptoxanthin which is required for improving the health of lungs and prevention of lung cancer. It also assists in promoting cardiovascular health when consumed at moderate levels every day. It is also recommended for individuals suffering from renal issues, and the carotid pigment is associated with prevention of muscular cancer.
- Crushed cornflakes: Though this is not any distinct type of cornflakes, it can be purchased separately and taken in place of breadcrumbs. They make a healthy breakfast when you combine crushed cornflakes with yogurt, pudding or plain milk.
These are the primary variants of the cornflakes, and each of them offers a host of benefits which make them a preferred choice in daily snacks and breakfast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I have a job in a company so my work is only office in never go on field at work time so my weight grown up to 110 from 50 kg now I get to reduced my fat.
My age is about 22 and I am a student. My weight is more and I am maintain my weight. So what type exercise I can do?
I am 18 years old. I want to develop my muscles I am eating too much food but inspire of that it is not working give me right direction.
For e. G. O have a desk job and in the last 2 years, My weight has gone up from75 kgs to 85 kgs. I want to loose weight please help.
It is recommended that honey and lemon juice be taken early morning which is beneficial to health in more than anyway. My question is can a diabetic patient can take this?
I am 47 years of age. I am diabetic for more than last 25 years. I am insulin dependent patient. My blood sugar level is under control mostly. But I am having problem with my stomach. I go to pass stool 3 - 4 times a day, it takes 10 -15 minutes to clear my stools every time. But whenever I eat anything my stomach again gets heavy and I develop the need to clear my stomach again by passing stool. My stomach is filled up. I have taken many medicines to treat my IBS but with no success. As a result of this my waist size has increased from 32" to 36" and my weight has increased from 75 kg to 88 kg. This is making my body lazy. I am taking controlled diet and have tried many natural and ayurvedic formulae to reduce my weight but with no success. My thyroid is also well under control and all tests related to liver and kidney function are normal. Kindly suggest me some effective medicine to reduce my weight as well as my tummy size.
He usually has body pain. His back hurts if he sits or stands for long. Even after taking massage it dosent get well. And he is usually tired. Even if he dosent do anything.
How to reduce obesity type 1? Suggest some good medications, healthy food diet and physical exercise. Thanks.
How to I make smart my bones is too much weak I can not walk more I want to make strong because my gf says I wish you can do this for me thats why please tell me about my health I wish you can solve my problem can you do this for me?
I got my preventive health care result all other tests are normal but the vitamin D level is coming as under: D2: 0.66 ng/ml D3: 5.53 ng/ml This shows I have vitamin D deficiency. I really get exposed to sun, If I have to go out I have the the habit of using sunscreen. I have started having sun bath every morning from now on and with priority eating vit-d rich food. Please suggest the appropriate dosage of D3 supplement I need to start, also suggest the dosage of any Magnesium and potassium supplement if any required along with the D3 supplement to bring back my vitamin-d levels to normal.
Iam 18years of age my height is 5.7feet and my body weight is 45kg how can I gain my weight? What type of food should I take to improve my weight?
Im 24 years old. Im suffering from belly fat. I have used many medicines and did hard exercises. But I could not find any results. Please suggest some solution for this problem.
A Study has analysed the effect of endurance running training on the stiffness index a variable that is directly related to bone quality.The results confirm that the greater the race distance that is trained the better this can be used,therefore, to prevent the progressive decline in bone mineral density that occurs with age.
The changes in the mechanical properties of the bone were measured using the stiffness or rigidity a variable that is directly related to the bone density of the calcaneus.