Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. PriyaYour feedback matters!
Why homeopathy doctors don't examine the patients. Sometime there questioning will b mismatch. I think they should have to examine areas. Without examination diagnosis perfect?
Ageing gracefully is a matter of taking care of the signs of ageing as they begin their advent over our skin, hair and body. While many people turn to the regular use of cosmetics and creams, there are others who go in for regular visits to the salon for various kinds of facials and other such methods. Yet, there are other long-term and more effective methods of dealing with these signs of ageing that may show up on the skin. With the advent of technology in this matter, we now have cosmetic surgery that can help you in dealing with these signs of ageing.
Let us find out about the brow lift surgery
What is it about
This kind of surgery is usually carried out to correct the sagging skin of the forehead, which may eventually manifest as deep wrinkles. This surgery also takes care of the surrounding area like the eyelids and the eyebrows. It has been seen that many people go in for this kind of surgery when they are getting their nose fixed with a cosmetic procedure.
Procedure of Brow lift
There are two kinds of brow lifts that one can choose from, the classic brow lift and the endoscopic brow lift. While the classic lift involves one long cut that goes from your ear level across your hairline, the endoscopic lift needs a few shorter cuts in the scalp, through which a tiny camera may be inserted for the procedure. This involves better recovery and minimal scarring as well. Before the surgery, you may be asked to limit your use of painkillers, if you happen to take them on a regular basis. The doctor will also ask you make a few lifestyle changes where you need to give up smoking, in case you indulge in the same on a regular basis.
Recovery: After the procedure, you will need to keep plenty of ice on hand so that you may apply the same to bring down the pain and bruising. There will be some amount of redness that you may experience for a few days and weeks as well. The cosmetic surgeon may also prescribe some medicated ointments for application to the incisions. You will also have to keep your head elevated with the use of pillows so that you can recover faster. Also, your doctor will instruct you on how best you can change your bandages at home.
Make up: After a brow lift, you may want to use some amount of makeup to cover up the bruising and redness. Yet, you should stay away from these harsh chemicals and too many layers of makeup in order to, give your skin enough time to recover. A light powder will be sufficient to cover up the bruises and keep your skin comfortable. Use make up only a few weeks after the surgery.
My mom have a heart problem bcz of working and blockage. So again and again she is suffering with fluim in her body Whenever she took medicine of dytor she get effect and pass by urine bt sometime nt effect so. Her wgt gain away and got many problem. I want ur opinion and solution.
Name some food that can make me healthier. Am so lean so I want to be healthier suggest me some food. Or what will I do for this?
Doctor, My dad is 89 years old. He is taking levipil 500, mg, preva 70, mg, asthemin forte multi vit cap recommend by doctor. He is bedridden. No other ailment. I want him to recover, stand on his own feet. He should be able to walk on his own. He does not sleep during night. He gets irritated if i try to co op. What best medicines can you advice me for him pls?
I am diabetic 2 and what type and how much I should take daily fresh fruits though I use to walk for half an hour and do exercise with some stretching and light weight training daily. Kindly guide. Regards.
About 70% of your health is what you eat. A few commonly used herbs and spices present in the kitchen have surprising but impressive health benefits.
1) mint - with the highest amount of antioxidant amongst foods, mint is used to get rid of common cold, allergies, indigestion, and irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps cool and heal the skin when added to oil, lotion or ointment.
2) turmeric - apart from adding colour and flavor to our foods, turmeric is used to cure gallbladder disorders, heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, arthritis, skin inflammation, wounds and even a sore throat.
3) ginger - ginger is commonly used to treat all sorts of stomach problems like post surgery nausea & vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea, colic, motion sickness, etc. Ginger oil is said to relieve pain and when added to hot beverages esp. Tea, it also soothes a sore throat.
4) basil - basil has anti-aging properties and is rich in antioxidants. It reduces inflammation & swelling and can relieve gas & soothe upset stomach.
5) garlic - not many might know that garlic is a herb and very good for health. It is used to treat conditions like high cholesterol, heart diseases, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, diabetes, and, cold & flu amongst many others.
6) oregano - apart from adding amazing flavour to food, oregano helps in treating respiratory tract disorders, menstrual cramps and urinary tract disorders. Rich in vitamin e, iron, omega fatty acids manganese, iron and fiber, it is also applied topically to treat skin conditions, mainly dandruff and acne.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am skinny guy. I want to build my body to optimum level. Is gym is necessary? Or we can manage with diet. If it is what is my diet plan? Is it possible to gain my weight?
Sir, Muje Body fat increase Karna h. Sabse acha tarika btaiye jis se fat badh Jaye sarir ka. Thank you sir. I am waiting for your response.
Hello doctor. My husband are very overweight. And very fatty. All the time gas problem. please say diet chat. How to managed.
Your hangouts with your loved ones more often than not are determined by the locales. And, when I say locales, in the modern urban context, flamboyant or not quite fancy cafes and eateries dominate your imagination. One of the most brazen consequences of such hangouts is the increased consumption of junk and oily food. In fact, for many of us, the idea of good times is inextricably linked to consumption of good food which inevitably reads as junk food. Junk food craving is something we are all culpable of. While most of us know about the health implications that junk food entails, we usually choose to elide over them for the sake of our hunger pangs. However, there are certain ailments that accrue from the intake of junk foods and which, if neglected, can lead to certain grave consequences.
- Causes Diabetes- Diabetes is one of the most prevalent diseases in the contemporary times. Affecting people from all age groups, diabetes has assumed almost an epidemic stature. Junk food consumption is one of the most blaring causes of diabetes. These kind of foods are not only deficient in fibers but also the heavy oil content of the junk food misbalances your metabolism and spurs off other medical conditions like obesity.
- Increases the chances of digestive malfunctions- Since the junk foods are usually fried in oil and are brimming with fats, they are most suited to disrupt the normalcy in the process of digestion. As they get deposited on the linings of the stomach walls, the production of acid gets increased, leading to diseases like GERD and IBS.
- Causes kidney Diseases- Junk food addition is a scientifically proven vicious cycle. Most junk foods contain finely processed salts which stimulate enzymes, which turn disrupt the salt balance in your body. This results in a situation of hypertension in the body and affects the kidney functioning to a large extent.
- Increases the risk of heart diseases- Junk foods are extremely rich in Trans fats which spike up the cholesterol levels in your blood. This excess potentially raises the risk of inflammation in the blood vessels and emerge as chronic threats to the normal functioning of the heart.
- Leads to depression- Statistically, the largest proportion of junk food consumers is between the ages of 12 to 35. Consequently, this age group is also susceptible to the most rancid hormonal imbalances. Junk food, injects an abnormal quantity of salts in the body, thus affecting the hormonal levels. This makes them vulnerable to depressions and mood swings.
- Memory and Learning Problems- Junk food rich in sugar and fat suppress the activity of a Brain Peptide called BDNF (Brain- Derived Neurotrophic Factor ) which ultimately lead to inflammation in the hippocampus area of the brain which is responsible for learning and memory formation.
- Risk of Dementia- Unlike Pancreas insulin is also produced in the brain which carries the signals between the nerve cells and forming memories ,but this process is hampered due to increase the increase level of insulin in the body and brain stops responding to hormones and become resistant thus increasing.