Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Foram PurohitYour feedback matters!
Which foods are help to gain muscle. I am 19 years old but my weight is only 49. Which vegetables are good for me. Please give me advice
What is the best diet for my 87 years old mother to keep her strong and alert? Weight :54 kgs, Ht: 5'1" No Cholesterol problem. Well controlled mild diabetes 1/2 Istamet (50/500) Amloz 5 mg thyronorm 25 since 15 yrs. Current diet: Breakfast: 1 egg, 100 ml tomato beetroot soup, Lunch, Dinner: 1/2 potato 1 Waati (100 ml) ground vegetable (any) each , Snack : Elchi-kela 2 x 3 times or mango, papaya when in season . Soup 2-3 times a day 1 slice toast 2 times a day with tea. Once a week chicken soup/ pureed. She needs strength , alertness . What would you recommend?
I am thin and no weight is gaining I feel hunger aftr 3pm onwards I use to take milk 500 ml daily at night aftr meal at the time of sleeping. Is it Enough?
How many push ups I need to do each day to improve my chest's size At least 15" CM or more and how long?
Doctor, I am doing skipping and some stretching exercises or push ups from 2 days and I have started joined gym from 2 days.In the morning I do these exercises and evening gym. I feel very little pain at my lower stomach. I wear a supporter at gym. My weight is only around 40-42 kg And height is 5'4 .And also when I smoke or cough I feel pain at lower stomach. I am scared that is it all cause me hernia. And if not should I wear supporter when I am doing skipping, stretching and push. I am very anxious about this? Please tell me about this!
I have been throwing up what I eat for last two days. Not able to drink even a sip of water without vomiting. Tried lemon no use domperidone no use. Feeling extremely sick plus I am dehydrated. Wat should I do not even a single biscuit I am able to eat. Now I have not eaten nothing still feeling the urge to vomit.
My vitamin B12 level has decreased upto 167 pg/mL what should I do to increase the level and how should I overcome this problem.
I want to decrease my weight and as well as fat also, can you please suggest a best solution for my problem?
I have diabetes since 4 months, my parrents also have diabetes. Doctor prescribed me to take insulin 32/26 when my sugar level is 465. Now sugar level is 80. Now I am taking insulin 8/6, I want to stop insulin what should I do ?
Mam my weight is constant from 2 years in 2014 my weight was 42 kg and now I am just 37 kg and there is no improvement plzz help me out.
We are all aware of how certain foods affect our overall health and weight. There are foods that work more than just boosting your metabolism or keeping a check on your blood sugar levels. Some foods can even improve your skin’s quality!
Here are some foods you can incorporate in your diet for healthy, glowing skin:
- Tomatoes: The chemical that imparts tomato its red colour, lycopene, has amazing benefits for your skin. Lycopene is an antioxidant that can brighten skin and slow down aging. The best way to reap its benefits is to eat tomato-based foods 3-5 times in a week.
- Green tea: Loaded with antioxidants, and acne-fighting powers, the humble green tea can protect your skin like no other. From acne to dull skin to aging, 3 to 5 cups of green tea can keep all that at bay, and give you healthy,glowing skin.
- Berries: Berries that are deeply coloured, such as cherries, strawberries and blueberries, are packed with antioxidants, which can counter blemishes and add that coveted glow to your face.
- Seafood and fish: Seafood and fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids—a source of good fats. Eating good amounts of fats actually slows the process of wrinkling and combats acne problems, and everybody knows these two skin problems are a glowing skin’s biggest enemies. You can eat 5 servings of fish in a week to make your skin supple and glow.
- Pumpkin seeds: It’s not surprising that pumpkin seeds are called superfoods. These minuscule seeds contain numerous essential minerals like zinc, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and manganese. They are rich in antioxidants and provide generous quantities of vitamins E and A, and contain essential vitamins including vitamin K and B. It protects your cell membranes, helps maintain collagen, promotes skin renewal, and anti-aging skin care. Enjoy pumpkin seeds on their own as a snack, add them into a homemade trail mix, or sprinkle them on yogurt or oatmeal.
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in beta carotene, which prevents cell degeneration. It slows down aging and adds a healthy glow to your skin. Carrots contain vitamin A, which has been found to have beneficial effects on wrinkles, lines and dull skin. You can drink carrot juice, or put them in your salads to get maximum benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.