Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Foram PurohitYour feedback matters!
Life is getting stressful day by day. Food habits are changing and so is the diet pattern. A balanced diet is becoming a highly debatable topic in these tough times. Dinner is the last meal of the day and surprisingly the most neglected one too. Though one may begin the day on a heavy note it is always advisable to end it with a light dinner. If this is not followed, your body may be seriously damaged in the process.
In fact, your body will always react to an over eaten meal, in numerous ways as listed below-
7 times more tendency to put on weight: The human body much like the mind is the most active in the morning and by the time it is night, it tends to slow down. Therefore, eating a large meal for dinner is detrimental to your health as by then the metabolism slows down and the heavy meal eaten by you is not digested rather stored as extra fat.
Acidity: People who eat a heavy dinner tend to complain a lot about gastritis and acidity related chest pain and passage of gas.
Migraine: Overeating and fat accumulation has also shown to increase chance of migraine. People generally wake up with a congested mind and clouded thoughts which can later take the form of migraine.
Heart Rate Rises: One effect of overeating is the rapid rise in the heart rate. The body tries to grapple with the intake of large amount of food and as a result, the heart rate rises sharply and we tend to feel nauseated and uncomfortable.
Reduced Sleep: A heavy meal at night disturbs the sleeping pattern of an individual. The brain receives maximum nourishment during sleep. If you eat a heavy meal, the blood supply to the brain is reduced and it is channelized to the stomach for digestion. Hence when people wake up in the morning they feel stressed out and tired.
Depressed: It may sound incredible, but overeating at night according to doctors is not only a sign of depression, but also manifests the condition. Excess accumulation of fat leads to depression. This phenomenon is more common In women.
Increased Stress: The relation between food and stress has been well established, as people under stress tend to eat more. However, it is also true that overeating at night may trigger stress too. After a bout of overeating, your body tends to feel stressed that is converted into a feeling of sluggishness on the day after. It thus becomes a cycle and the person gets caught in it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 39 years old & I am just the start of diabetes & my weight is 77 kgs height 4.11 cm as I want to loose lots of weight. Is banana good for diabetes. I have heard with bananas we can loose weight, pls advise.
I was prescribed Pre Aldonil 150 in place of Pre Aldonil 75, which I am taking presently. The doctor went abroad soon after advising me this, and is not going to be reachable for a long time. I cannot find 150 in Mumbai market. My chemist suggests I take 2x75 instead if 1x150 once daily. Is it safe for me to accept this suggestion? A quick and clear answer will be much appreciated. Thanks!
I am a dibetic patient since a month my sugar levels are high as 1 month back fasting was 333 and post 375 after 15 days 267 fasting and fast 305 again after 15 days it is 156 fasting and post 275 why it is happening i am taking a sugar medicine glcomet gp 1 for bp iam taking cardace 2.5 and one zincovit please give some advice to control the levels i am having sugar from last 10 years
Tiredness isn't just a result of working too hard. Tiredness or fatigue can be described as a lack of energy, motivation and can be physical, mental or a combination of both. Tiredness is often a symptom of a much larger health issue such as Anemia, Diabetes, Thyroid disease or heart diseases. Some of the common causes of fatigue are:
- Lack of sleep: Fatigue is one of the first symptoms of sleep deprivation. A minimum of 7 to 8 hours of sleep is needed on daily basis to keep a person healthy. Quality of sleep also plays a major role here. Patients of sleep apnea also commonly show signs of fatigue.
- Bad diet: A balanced diet helps you maintain your weight and keeps you energized. Eating a lot of junk food can make your blood sugar level fluctuate. When the sugar level drop below normal, the person is likely to feel tired and drained out.
- Anemia: Anemia is a condition where the body suffers from a lack of iron. Without enough iron the red blood cells in blood cannot carry oxygen to all parts of the body. This makes the heart work faster to pump blood and can make you tire easily.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is said to wake the system up and boost energy levels. However, like sugar, caffeine make energy levels fluctuate. As the level of caffeine in the body reduces, the person will begin to feel tired. Not drinking enough water along with your coffee can worsen this situation.
- Dehydration: Water is necessary not only to keep the body hydrated, but also to keep it energized. This is because the loss of fluid in the body can result in lowering the blood volume. This makes the heart work harder to pump oxygen to the brain and other parts of the body.
Fatigue is often not diagnosed till very late. There are many reasons for this. Primary amongst these are:
- Age: We assume that we are feeling tired only because we are growing older. However, the cause of fatigue may have nothing to do with age.
- Gradual onset: We are often not aware of how tired we are until we reach a point where we are completely drained out. Fatigue has a very gradual onset and is rarely noticed in the early stages.
- Misinterpretation: Complaints of feeling tired are often mistaken for lack of motivation and laziness.
The easiest way to prevent fatigue is to maintain a regular waking and sleeping schedule and to eat a healthy diet. Also, try and be physically more active.
Hi I decreased my intake of sugar and salt, due to that fact I feel dizzy sometimes why this happens is it lower the blood pressure or something else?
I am 22 year old guy. I am suffering from overweight. My weight is 112 kgs. Please give some tips and health habits and other to decrease my weight with in 1-2 years.
Sir which air freshener is preferred you to fresh and clean the air in a room to avoid bacteria's in room.
Getting a relaxing massage can do wonders to your overall well-being and health. Whether you want to reduce stress or simply obtain respite from aches and pains, these DIY massage techniques can help you out.
1. Massage your feet with a tennis or rubber ball
To massage your feet after a hard day’s work, all you need is a small rubber ball or a tennis ball. Place the ball of your choosing under your foot and move it backwards and forwards using gentle pressure. Repeat as needed.
2. Reduce muscle stiffness with a neck massage
If you are one of those people who sit in front of a computer all day long, you can try this massage to help loosen up the muscles of your back and neck.
Begin by dropping your shoulders, making sure they are not in a hunched position. The next step is to slowly bring your chin close to your chest and stretch your neck as much as possible. Follow this step with a pressure point application on the point where your shoulders and neck meet by using only two fingertips. Release the position once you feel your muscle is relaxing.
Lastly, in a very slow and gentle manner, roll your shoulders forward and backward. Repeat as many a time as you deem necessary.
3. Opt for a head/scalp massage to rejuvenate yourself
This massage is perfect for your head or scalp and you can do it anytime, anywhere. To give yourself this relaxing massage, you need to use the heels of your palms. Place them near your temples and follow this up by giving a gentle push to the scalp in an upward manner. Hold the pose for a few seconds before releasing. Finally, repeat the motion across the entire scalp or head section.
4. Treat your headache with a face massage
When you feel like you may be coming down with a headache, this massage can help in providing you with instant relief. Using only the tips of your fingers, draw small circles along your cheekbones, hairline, eyebrows and jaws. Follow this up with a gentle rubbing of your earlobes and ears by only using your fingertips.
5. Give the muscles of your back a rest with a back massage
To relieve your lower back from the stiffness that usually arises from sitting too long, this easy to do massage is all you need. According to your preference, you can either place a tennis ball between your back and a straight hard surface (wall) or simply place it on the floor and lie on it. While putting pressure on the ball, move it around your lower back so as to release any kind of muscle stiffness you may be feeling. Do this only for a few minutes and do not overdo it as that could worsen the pain.
Whether it’s your head, knees, feet or shoulders, there’s always an easy and relaxing massage that you can give yourself to de-stress and relax.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.