Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Foram PurohitYour feedback matters!
Anorexia is a common eating disorder which is identified by abnormally low body weight, intense fear of gaining weight and a distorted perception of body weight. The problem is not only related to your dietary patterns but it also related to your mental state. People with this disorder are generally self-conscious, have a low self-esteem and are overly concerned about their external appearance.
Causes of anorexia
- Biological factors - These factors represent that anorexia can be congenital or it may have developed over time. Congenital means that disorder is hereditary in nature and is passed on from the parents to the offspring. On the other hand, it may develop in people who are more sensitive and have an inclination towards perfection.
- Psychological factors - Anorexia can also be caused due to certain specific personality traits and emotions that might be possessed by you. For instance, anorexia is more likely to happen to young women who are really worried and conscious out the way they look externally. Additionally, people who are either emotionally not too strong or suffer from anxiety issues can develop this disorder easily.
- Environmental factors - The type of a cultural set up you are living in also plays an important role in developing this disorder. For instance, the western culture is all about slim and fit people, whereas the oriental countries are not so bothered about the same.
Symptoms of Anorexia
Emotional symptoms - This category of symptoms includes behaviors and a thought process aimed towards losing weight and minimizing your food intake. Some of the symptoms belonging to this type include:
- Forceful vomiting to lose calories
- Staying hungry
- Excessive physical activity or exercise
- Denial of hunger
- Social withdrawal
- Depressed moods
Physical symptoms - These symptoms are self-explanatory and are clearly visible on the human body. These include:
- Extreme weight loss
- Thin appearance
- Abnormal blood count
- Dizziness or fainting
- Discoloration of the fingers
- Hair that thins, breaks or falls out
- Soft, downy hair covering the body
- Low blood pressure
suffering from weight loss. I have lost 12kg weight in last 5 years. My height is 6ft and my current weight is 59. I want to gain 4 kg in a month. I think I should be at least 70 kg My age is 24.
I am 25 years old nd am female M losing my hairs I hve became takku Nd m soo fat wanna b a slim What should I do.
My age is 23 years. And my weight is 51kg. So please suggest me how can I gain my weight? What I can do for weight gain?
I am a student and my weight is not increasing for last 8 years and it is 55 kg. And my height is 5.8. How can I increase my weight?
I am 26 year old guy. I used to play badminton professionally but my weight is only 52 kgs. Height 5"7. Need an opinion about increasing weight as well muscle mass.
Hi sir, My age 25 I'm suffering to stamina problem past 20 years. Can you tell me about treatment this problem?
Today when I got dizziness I went to doctor she checked my pressure and sugar sugar was 186. And she said I am diabetic need to be controlled. But I just took meal 15 min ago. Is this accurate. That I have diabetic. Or I need to check again.
I have a travelling job daily 35 kms to 60 kms of motorbiking. I have a weight gain of 7 kgs in last one month please help me or provide me helpful treatment to lose my weight as normal was it.
Saffron is widely used not only for its taste and aroma but for its health benefits as follows:
1. Active components in saffron acts as an antiseptic, antidepressant, anti-oxidant, digestive, anti-convulsant.
2. Is a good source of copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, zinc and magnesium. Potassium is important for cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production.
3. Is rich in many vital vitamins, including vitamin A, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-C that is essential for optimum health.
4. Is used for asthma, cough and to loosen phlegm.
5. Is useful for sleep problems, hardening of the arteries, intestinal gas, depression, Alzheimer?s disease, pain, heartburn & dry skin.
6. Women use saffron for easing menstrual cramps & premenstrual syndrome. Men use it to prevent early orgasm (premature ejaculation) & infertility.
7. Is also used to increase interest in sex & to induce sweating.
8. Some people apply saffron directly to the scalp for prevention and cure of baldness (alopecia).
9. Is beneficial for hair as it helps in stimulating hair growth.
10. It can be mixed with licorice and milk and applied to bald spots. This will combat hair loss and promote hair growth.
Iam 18 year boy I want to loose weight how can I loose it without gym and what to eat for internal strength.
I am 57 yes old have undergone angioplasty in 2012 and taking ecosprin 150; metrostran-25; rozavel-10. Daily . My weight is 95 kg it is not reducing how to reduce it.
Hi I am 39 years old. My weight is 98 kg and height 6 feet. I am controlling my Diet however unable to reduce my weight. I am addicted of tobacco and Can not spare time because of work load. Does stress level responsible to increase weight and bigger belly can affect your stamina while enjoying sex. Thanks for all.
Exercise, have fun, party
These are theists to live long.
Eat to Live. Not live to eat
I used to take two large pack whisky daily. Suddenly since last two months I am observing weight loss.
I'm a diabetic person of age 20. I wish to gain weight while i'm just 58 kg now and 6 ft tall. Taking 5 egg whites per day and working out for 1.5 hrs but no result. Please suggest me if there is anything else to do.
I am 18 years old boy, My weight is 82 kg, I do really feel more heat than my parents, friends,I get lot of sweaty, I even asked a doctor about heart problems but My Heart beats and Lung Capacity is Normal and My Heart is Healthy and Normal And According to Birth report It is In Normal ,Besides my hands never get sweaty, Its Mt Head And Face Which gets Sweaty ,Then why do I feel more sweaty When other people gets chills I feel normal, I can't take heat more than 29C I feel normal in 18C-25C what Possible reason can be behind this heat? I really feel too much heat than normal people, Im suffering this since 5 years, Is it because of My Overweight, My Parents and Relatives are thin With 58-70 kg and I have 80 kg weight, I really feel tired and more heat, but why?
I am 26 years old male suffering from diabetes last 5 months what type of nutrition food is better for good health.
Stones are formed when there is nucleation and infection of the renal system. This can be simply prevented by drinking adequate amount of liquids. Now the question is how to know that we are having adequate intake of liquids. Our urine output must be more than 1.5 lt which can be achieved by taking 2.5 lt of fluid in winter and 4 lt of fluid in summers. The colour of the urine must be white or pale yellow which shows adequate urine.
Most of the stones are of calcium oxalate type. There is myth that taking milk and milk products will increase the stone formation but the fact is oral intake of calcium helps in decreasing the absorption of the oxalate from gut and prevent stone formation. So one should take adequate amount of milk and products. (note: calcium supplement can increase stone formation so avoid them).
Try to reduce the food which is very rich in oxalate: common food highly rich in oxalate includes:
Green leafy vegetable
Cashew nuts, almonds, peanuts
Avoid food which have animal protein like non veg food. These food increases the incidence of the stones. Preferably eat vegetable proteins.
Try to take less sodium diet. People who eat high sodium excrete more calcium in the urine and thus can form the stones.
Chronic kidney stones are often treated with potassium citrate, but limeade, lemonade and other fruits and juices high in natural citrate offers the same stone-preventing benefits. So drink more and more such food.
These were few tips for prevention of kidney stones. Management of stones depends upon the size, location and symptoms of the stone. Not all stones are dangerous but few can be such dangerous that can damage kidney.