Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Meghna Parekh Sheth
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Meghna Parekh ShethYour feedback matters!
I got married since 10 months back, As my weight is increasing. Will that effect in getting pregnant? I wanna get pregnant as early as possible. Please suggest me something.
I am losing my weight very quickly and I have headache problem and I can't handle it anymore so how can I fight against it.
Sir I suffered fistula I have taken medicine by cutting with thread method about 2 months it is all most all final stage I would not like to repeat in future what are the step's to be taken Please suggest me on all aspects like food, habitual etc.
Cucumbers are used in most healthy salads all over the world, owing to the fact that it contains lots of water and has a cooling and refreshing effect on your system. The cucumber is a member of the plant family which also boasts of watermelon, pumpkin, and squash. And on hot summer days, cucumber salads keep you hydrated whether you consume the vegetable on its own, or drink its juice. Here we will take a look at the many other advantages of having cucumbers, which will surely inspire you to incorporate this food item in your diet on a more regular basis.
- Cucumbers contain a flavanol called fisetin. This fisetin plays a key role in protecting your brain. It increases your memory and protects your nerve cells from ageing, but it's most impressive feat is that it can protect your brain from Alzheimer's as well.
- Also, cucumbers contain polyphenols named lignans which help you to reduce the risk of breast, ovarian and prostate cancer.
- And since cucumbers contain about 95 percent of water, it goes without saying that they fight inflammation in the most impressive manner possible.
- Further, cucumbers also contain anti-oxidants. These very anti-oxidants are responsible for keeping you safe from chronic diseases.
- Cucumbers come loaded with vitamin B, which is known to fight stress and can help you to combat anxiety too.
- Cucumbers are very rich in water and fibre. Since both these entities are necessary for easy digestion of food, adding cucumbers to your daily diet can be helpful in many ways. Also, when the juice of cucumbers mixes with your saliva, it will work as a very effective combination that imparts some speed to the process of digestion.
- Cucumbers are very low in calories, which is evident by the fact that they contain about 95 percent water. And yet they fill your stomach pretty nicely. It can help you keep your weight in check.
- If you are a heart patient, you ought to have cucumbers in your diet because cucumbers contain potassium, which in turn is lowers the blood pressure in the body, thus making it much easier for you to keep a check on high BP problems.
Besides the above mentioned benefits, cucumbers taste crisp, fresh and cool. So go ahead and beat the summer heat with this extremely beneficial vegetable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My age is 54 yrs. I don't have any serious health problems but I am overweight of 10kg beyond prescribed Wight of 70kg as per BMR. I have also excess belly. Hence I want remedy to loose weight and reduce belly size.
I oprated 3months before utrinfibroid hb loss how to improve hp n psycic health any exercise r yoga? Always feeling tired sleepy. N this s my 2 nd operation due to fibroid. I am married 2 kids are there my age 30. I. Am pale nowm I got 2 packcells. 2 blood injection n iron on n before surgery. But now I am again suffer the same hb problm. Regular periodic cycle started past 3 months but little blood comes 2 days only bleeding. How to improve my health.
I am unable to gain weight since last 1 year although eating all protein supplements, eggs and much more. I am addicted to masturbation ,is it a reason for this.
Water is the most critical component for all organisms, and since 2/3rd of the human body is made of water, a person can hardly survive for about 72 hours without it. For understanding the impact of water in the body, it is essential to comprehend what it does. Right from helping in digestion to controlling calorie intake to regulating and maintaining body temperature to lubricating the eyes and joints, the functions of water are endless.
Dehydration can cast a negative impact on the body function since it causes electrolyte dysfunction. And the bad news is that most people can go unaware of this condition. Therefore, it is crucial to know about all the warning signs of dehydration so that you can take quick action and prevent yourself from further complications.
- Poor concentration along with confusion: Since the human brain is 90 percent water, water deficiency can have a negative impact on a person’s thinking abilities and decision-making skills. Lack of water in the body manifests itself through forgetfulness, amnesia, difficulty in thinking and communicating. It has been found that dehydration can also pave the way for mood swings.
- Dizziness and headaches: These are some of the most common outcomes of dehydration since it leads to reduced amount of fluids around the brain. This fluid is essential since it functions as a buffer that shields the brain from mild shocks. It can cause migraines and irritation headaches since it reduces the flow of oxygen and blood to the brain.
- Dry mouth and foul breath: When you are dehydrated, your body is not able to produce enough amount of saliva which has antibacterial properties. This causes foul breath since there is bacteria attack in the oral cavity. Dry mouth is another important symptom of dehydration since water functions as a lubricant that keeps the mucous membranes in the throat, hydrated which prevents dry mouth.
- Sudden cravings for food: People tend to mistake thirst with hunger, and they end up overeating. When you are not taking enough water, your body will send false signals to the brain that you are hungry while a glass of water is all you need.
- Constipation and other digestive problem: The work of water is to hydrate all the tissues in the body, and the digestive system is no exception to this. Water can keep the gastrointestinal tract clean and supple which helps in regulating the bowel movement and prevent constipation.
- Reduced urge of urination: If you feel that you don’t need to urinate after every few hours, your body may be in need of more water. Dehydration also contributes to change in urine color and in case you have dark amber colored urine, it means you should drink up more water.
So, whenever you notice such signs, understand that you have to consume more water regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.