Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Geetanjali ChitaleYour feedback matters!
Sir I'm 48 yes. Old man, doing daily workout at gym. Recently I bought double mass gainer supplement. Now I like to know that is it safe to take this supplement? For your information it's been 2 yes. That me gallbladder is taken out due to stone by laparoscopic operation. I heard that supplements destroy kidney. By which chemical or vitamin contain in supplement can damage kidney.
Fast Food, by and large, is detrimental to the health. Multiple studies have shown this in the past decade. It aggravates many diseases and is responsible for medical conditions such as obesity, respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases and hypertension. Amidst multiple negative qualities, many fast foods are actually not that bad for the body. If taken in right proportions, some of the fast foods mentioned below can be extremely useful for the body.
- Popcorn: Apart from being one of the best accompaniments for movies, popcorns greatly helps in curbing hunger. Home-made popcorns have fewer calories and are a very good antioxidant. The good part about popcorn is the fact that it is not heavy as other fast foods and doesn’t make you feel lethargic. However, it should be ensured that more than one bowl of popcorn is not consumed at a time.
- Baked snacks: Baked snacks are a much-preferred choice in the snacks category these days. Owing to their low fat and carb content, they not only serve as tasty snacks but are good for the overall health as well. The fact that baked snacks are made up of whole wheat, makes it a more attractive offering. Baked snacks, when prepared with a dash of spice, can be a good alternative to other unhealthy snacks in the market.
- Processed Cheese: Processed cheese contains Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). The latter is found to have anti-carcinogenic properties. A recent study showed that the CLA found in processed cheese is much more than other dairy products. Processed cheese is also a good antioxidant. This being said, too much intake of processed cheese can be harmful to the body.
- Dark chocolate brownie: If dark chocolate is consumed with whole wheat brownie, it acts as a good ingredient for patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases. When consumed with a few nuts, dark chocolate brownie becomes a power house of fibre. People with a sweet tooth can find this preparation a good alternative for other fast food items such as chocolate, ice cream and pastries.
- Chocolate Bars: This is another treat for a person with a sweet tooth. Dark chocolate bars are rich in antioxidants. It brings down blood pressure level and is found to be effective for the heart. This should not be consumed more than 100 grams per day.
- Stout Beer: Dry stout beer with its rich creamy content is as good as a dose of aspirin. This form of liquor improves blood circulation level and reduces the risk of cardiac arrests. One pint of this beer every alternate day will serve the purpose of quenching your alcohol thrust while ensuring that no harm is caused to your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I am 25 years old here, My height is 6 feet and weight is 65 kg. I feel I am underweight and I am an vegetarian .please suggest me some foods how I can increase my body weight and look physically fit. Please help.
I am 24 year old male and my weight is just 45 kg. I tried many weight gaining technique, but I ddnt get any result. I can not have more food. If I eat forcefully then I feel to vomit. Many are making fun of me. How can I increase my weight? Please give suggestion.
Hello sir I am 21 year old boy suffering from under weight problem I want to ask if I can use supplements or not is there any side effects of that.
I am not able to reduce my weight and little fatness. Even after doing exercises and also having only more protein food. I am fed up. Please help. I want stiff body.
How to control my diabetes, with medicine its 120-160. What are the medicine in Ayurveda for diabetes.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism from last 4-5 years and now I am taking thyronorm 150 mg. But I still feel weakness, fatigueness, muscle pain, lack of motivation, lack of libido, weight gain and all related symptoms. This is my last thyroid test report. T3 - 1.18 ng/ml, T4 - 7.15 ug/dl and TSH - 4.04 uIU/ml. Test was taken on 29 Jan 2016.
I am suffering from fever and cough and my weight is very low so I feel very weak and my height is also very low.
Which is the only one food for effective weight gain that must be use in every day for gain weight fastly. Tell the most effective item.
Meri age 31 year h mera weight 70 kg h ise me kam krna chati hu me 20 din se madohar vati le ri hu but koi fayda ni h please mujhe iski sahi dose bataye.
Respected Madam, meri problem ye hai ki meri age 40 years hai mera weight only 58 kg hai mujhe apna weight increase karna hai. Please advise.
My age is 15 and my height is 182 cms. Should I increase my height? My weight is 55 kgs and I want to increase it. What should be the perfect weight for me? And how I increase weight faster and in healthier way?
My Son is 3 and a half years old, bt his height is nt much good, I want his good height even I give him complain twice a day, nt it doesn't work, wht to do then? Give me some effective treatment for good height.
My brain always engages in thinking. Whenever I am alone or even with someone, something continuously keep on going in my head. I start thinking something and talking about that in my head alone. Even during sleeping whole night I keep thing about anything and in morning I feel like exhausted. Please advise me how to cure this and how serious is this. I am facing this from last one year.
Hello, I am Mandar. I am 21 years old till date. I have issues of obesity. My height is 172 cm. But my weight is very much. My weight is 78 kg. I am very worried because of my problems related to weight. My stamina is very less. I get tired after running for few distance. Please suggest me diet.
I have a desk job from last 2year so my weight has gone up to 80 to 85 then what I can do for lose my weight.
I am a 13 years old girl. Height -5'3" Weight-59 I am a overweight girl. I can't control my bad eating habits and overeating. I want to loss weight by exercise. So which exercise I do? And how many calories should I eat per day? And how much fat I eat? Because I like more fatty foods and junk food and spicy and sweet food. I am in stress. I feel like depressed, I see my future in dark. Please answer my question. Give me suggestion.
Hi, I’m Dr. Shashidhar. I’m a pediatric ENT consultant and I work with a hospital called Artemis in Gurgaon. I’m going to talk about the common problems in children which is cold and why it comes again and again? What is the solution for it?
It’s a very common problem nowadays with children going to day schools and play schools. At an early age and a lot of times, we’ve been told that this is because of the pollution or the allergies or infection from the surroundings but quite often we miss a very common cause of the cold which is what we call as Adenoids.
What are Adenoids?
Adenoids are small lymphoid tissue, the tissue that makes white blood cells in the body behind the back of the nodes. They are normal in children but sometimes they grow up in size. Like what you see here, like if this is the size of the adenoids, which should be there, is marked in violet, sometimes they grow, the bigger circle here the yellow in the back of the nose and block the nose. When this happens the common symptoms in children are snoring, breathing from mouth, restless sleep where the child is constantly turning this side and that side trying to get a good position in which he can breathe, some drooling and some coughing in the night.
More often than not we tend to miss Adenoids because we can’t see them directly and we tend to treat these conditions in terms of allergies, bronchitis and put the child in to nebulization and in unnecessary treatments.
What I’ve found in my own experience, that lot of the kids who have been told they have allergies and they have been told they have bronchitis have actually had Adenoids. So, if your child has reoccurring problems of sore throat, breathing difficulties and nose blocks, it’s worth getting evaluated for adenoids because the treatment of adenoids is very simple and often very gratifying. Which can be done with simple nasal sprays, saline washes and if it is a severer one it needs a surgical intervention to open up the nose.
Adenoids also cause recurrent ear infection, ear pain and sometimes they cause hearing disorder in children. It is quite difficult to evaluate such problem in children. You can only perceive it as, sometimes when you call them they don’t respond, their grades are falling in school and when they watch television they tend to raise the volume of the noise and this helps us to pick up the child to scream for the hearing problems because when you have adenoids you have a higher chance of getting ear infection and fluid inside the ear which is called otitis media, which can also be treated in the same lines. Rarely we need to put some grommets or some surgical intervention to drain the fluid out if we are not able to treat it medically.
Third problem which I wanted to discuss is Allergies in children. Aallergies in children can present in very wide spectrum. Sometimes they present only as cough, sometimes children get rashes on their skin, sometimes they can have allergies to food and recurrent diarrhea and other problems. So, allergies in children can be treated quite effetely with medicines and we have what we call as Immunotherapy to detect what the child is allergic to so we can specifically target that antigen and cure them for the long term. This now is the most gratifying and the latest treatment in allergies called Sublingual Immunotherapy.
With all these new, exciting treatments and if your child is not getting benefited by cold and cough routine treatment, you’re free to contact me at 3 Senses ENT Clinic which is in South City 2, Arcadia, Gurgaon. I’m also available at Artemis Hospitals throughout the week except on Sundays.
Thank you so much for your time.