Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Alka GandhiYour feedback matters!
Hi my wife give birth to a girl baby and baby Is healthy. But my wife has changed a lot in her weight, black marks on face, breast is very big. Pls suggest me what is the solution for this.
For health all alcohol item we Need to take? On which age we want to take alcohol? And how many years we will be strong. For taking alcohol into our body?
Mai 23 saal ka hu achanak meri pure sarir mai sujan aa gayi hai do dino se maine 2 din pehle exersize suru ki thio sayad usse sujan swelling aa sakti hai kya kya karad ho sakta hai swelling ka.
Hello hai. Am daily going to gym and doing cardio for 45 min. But still am not able to see any improvement in in weight loss. What is easy way to loose my weight. please doc guide me.
I have desk job in the last 2 3 month my weight has lost up to 55 kg to 50 kg I have to increase my weight please help.
Hello doc. I have been eating peanuts (100 g) every day from one month, is that ok? What are the benefits of eating nuts?
As mine chemotherapy is going on. What to eat daily to increase haemoglobin? N how to maintain Weight? As after chemo weight n haemoglobin starts declining fastly which leads to weakness and very critical position. Reply soon.
Hi doctor, I am 15yrs old and obese. My height is 5ft 2in and weight is 85kg due to overdose of steroids in homeopathy. I also have lota of fat on my lower back and thighs. Can u pls suggest me how can I lose weight in 1 yr?
I want to increase my weight and I eat 4-5 time meals rich protein and do exercise but in my stomach pain will start than how I can reduce the pain of stomach.
Can I take Ayurvedic medicines like Aswashila Xapsule along with my regular diabetes treatment? I am on Gluconorm SR-500 mg in the morning, Mopaday HS before dinner & Ecosprin AV 75 post dinner
Dear sir I have been using inhaling gum solvent from 3 years I want to quit it forever but some reason when frustrated or feeling sad or hurted I started it again please help to how to get away from it.
Do you know about the various benefits of yoga for your body and health? Yoga is the answer for a lot of aspects which everyone desires, such as a peaceful mind, a strong and flexible body and a healthy, glowing skin. It is commonly perceived that yoga aims at weight loss, but there are numerous benefits, which you can get by practicing yoga regularly. Here are the various ways in which yoga is ideal for your everyday life. It covers lots of aspects associated with your health and body functioning.
Yoga for overall fitness
You need to be physically fit, as well as perfectly balanced emotionally and mentally. This ensures that you are healthy in the true sense. Health is like a dynamic expression of life based on how happy, loving and enthusiastic you are in life. The various postures of yoga help in maintaining overall fitness, and balance both your mind and body in an ideal way.
- It helps in improving health.
- It gives you enhanced strength of mind.
- Your physical power and stamina gets boosted.
- Your body is perfectly detoxified.
Yoga for weight loss
Yoga is excellent for weight loss purposes. The Kapalbhati Pranayama and the Sun Salutations are effective yoga practices, which help you to lose excess weight. With regular yoga practice for a long time, you become extra sensitive to the types of food your body demands. This is effective for keeping a check on your weight.
Yoga for stress relief
Some minutes of yoga every day is a good way of eliminating stress that you experience in daily life. It refers to both physical and mental stress. Certain yoga postures, meditation, and Pranayama are ideal practices for getting rid of stress.
Yoga and inner peace
In today’s hectic world and the hustle bustle of daily life, every person desires some peace. This peace can be found within your own self and you do not always need to escape to the mountain to breathe freely. Practicing yoga regularly will give you immense inner peace, which is equivalent to a mini holiday to some nice, serene place. Yoga is very essential for calming your disturbed and troubled mind.
Moreover, yoga poses massage your organs and help in strengthening your muscles. The various breathing exercises and meditation forms associated with yoga are great for releasing unwanted, undesirable stress from your system. This, in turn, improves your immune system and prevents you from getting affected by frequent diseases and health conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
With the evolution of medical technology, we have made inroads when it comes to evolved methods of treating a variety of ailments and conditions. The use of lasers is now commonplace for a number of surgeries and non-invasive procedures that can help in treating many conditions. From hair removal to surgeries, there are a number of places where lasers enjoy medical and cosmetic use. There is a common misnomer that lasers have detrimental effects and may even be carcinogenic or cancer causing in nature.
Let us find out why lasers cannot cause cancer.
- Penetration of light: For many people, it may be a cause of concern that laser treatment of the hair, skin or other parts of the body is done with the penetration of high energy beams in that part of the body. Yet, the beams do not penetrate that deeply. Usually, this penetration only happens to the extent of hair follicles and skin, which leaves the internal organs safe.
- Redness: At the very maximum, the lasers can cause a reaction like redness on the skin. This does not mean that the lasers are capable of causing cancer. This can simply be treated with the help of ice application on the affected area.
- Mutations: There have been many reports that say the ionising radiation of the laser beams can cause DNA mutations. Yet, this is not true. These DNA mutations can lead to the manifestation and production of abnormal and cancerous cells, which can further progress and spread to become malignant tumours. Yet, laser treatments and applications do not have the power to cause such DNA mutations, and there is no medical evidence that suggests the same.
- Treating areas near reproductive organs: There are many women who opt for laser hair removal which is a more permanent solution for waxing and other forms of hair removal that we go through on a regular basis. But many women are also concerned that it may actually cause problems and cancer when it comes to the reproductive organs, in case the hair removal treatment and lasers are applied to the area near these organs. This is not true because the laser beams are merely applied to the hair follicles of the area. Since, laser beams are not applied to the reproductive organ, which ensures that there is no effect on the internal reproductive organ in any way.
Before trying out laser treatment, it is important to try it on a small portion of your skin so that you can be sure that it does not affect you and cause a reaction. Further, for laser related surgeries, it is important to turn to a well known clinic, hospital or doctor so that the right level of energy is used during the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.