Find numerous Somnologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Somnologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Somnologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Zanobia MadanYour feedback matters!
Hello, my age is 57 yrs lady. I am working as life insurance advisor but now a days I am feeling so sleepy and don't like to go out. Means I don't have takat to go. I am also suffering from asthama. Form last 2-3 yrs.
I am having sleepless days. I have a BP of 150/86. I hardly sleep for 6 hours in almost 2 days. I feel lazy snd uninterested in any work.
Please suggest me what I can use on my face for dark circles and skin tightening as I have loose facial skin.
Sir, in the afternoons I feel too drowsy and it becomes difficult to control sleep. I have good sleep at nights above 7 hours. Please suggest me any solutions.
Hey, I'm 20 years old male and I'm having neck ache/ shoulder ache for the past 6-7 months. I do some neck rotating exercises too but no use can be seen. This pain is troubling me a lot, sometimes not able to sleep.
My entire body constantly aches and I feel so sleepy all the time. My sleep is never sufficient. Help me.
I haven't been able to sleep since last 2 days and I am having severe fever with little body ache and head ache so please help to get rid of it.
I can not sleep on night and day time. I am trying its not coming. Feel scared. Took some home home remedies too but no use. Why its happening. Feel pain and restless. Its for long time issue. Today can not open my eyes but didn't sleep. Why? what is the solution?
I am twenty years old. As I was doing with my computer graduation mostly I spend time on my laptop .I used pain reliever sprays for back pain and ointments for neck pain. As it gives a temporary relief to let me sleep. And I can't sit ideal for hours. How can I overcome this ?
Hello mam/ sir Mujhe bahut jyada neend ati h.kitne hours sona chahiye. Or beech beech m khulte rhti h neend. Kya koi problem h mjhe.
My question is how to sleep fast as possible. When I go to bed it will take at least 2 hour to sleep. Help me.
For last 3 days, I am having a serious headache. I did some home remedies for cure. But it don't take any effects. I am helpless. I am feeling very bad too. I can't sleep properly. Please help me. Waiting for your answer.:)
I am suffering from headache from last two days. What should be problem I did not sleep properly in night two days back.
I can not sleep in night instantly when im go in bed, after 1 hour i. Can sleep. I want to sleep right after when I am going to bed. please sir help me.
I haven't sleeped since the last two days, I sm have severe headache. Inspire trying multiple homevremedies it still prevails though there is a relief for a moment. Please give me a solution to this.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.