Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Yogini FirakeYour feedback matters!
Sir good evening. My wife got pregnant 45 days. But which food she should take at this time. Please give me suggestion for her. Please advise.
Me and my gf having physical relationship without any using prevention. She will get pregnant or not?
What is the exact circle of periods for pregnancy and egg development and how was the pregnancy will come pls clarify my doubts and feelings.
I am 31 years old married women trying to conceive. What diet should me and my husband will have before planning for it. How frequent do we need to have intercourse.
I'm aged of 24 years, I'm not getting menstrual period regularly. And doctor confirmed that I have pcos little bit. So what I have to do for this problem and how can I over come.
I am 23 years old and I am suffering from PCOS from last 3 years. My doctor said that medicine is only solution for pcos. I got my periods after taking medicines only. Will it affect my future married life. And can it cause cancer in future. Also I am suffering from depression, stress, facial hairs, tiredness, and also having frequent urine problem. Can you please suggest me something better for me.
I am 25 yrs, married female suffering from Polycystic Ovary, Irregular Hormonal Problem & Lower Abdominal Pain since 6 months.
Dhatt mean safed pani bahut jayada aata hai or period mei bahut jayada dard hota hai sath kamar dard bhi hota hai jiske lia harbar pain killar khana padta hai ye purani long time se ho raha hai.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a common disease of the endocrine system among women who have attained the reproductive age. Women with this condition generally have ovaries larger in size than the usual, containing small pockets of fluids, also termed follicles. These 'follicles' develop in each of the ovaries as diagnosed with the help of an ultrasound exam. Abnormal or extended menstrual cycles, unusual growth of hair and obesity are some of the common accompanying conditions associated with PCOS. This disorder can interfere with a woman's menstrual cycles, thus making pregnancy difficult. More so, this condition can also impact the way you look and if left untreated for long, can lead to underlying disorders such as diabetes and other cardio vascular diseases.
Causes of PCOS:
- Excessive Insulin secretion: Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas, which allows the body cells to utilize the sugar; the most important energy store of your body. If you suffer from insulin resistance, your body's ability to utilize the insulin gets affected adversely. This forces the pancreas to secrete more insulin in order to keep up with the body's energy supply. This excess insulin might result in an increase in the production of androgen, which in turn, might interfere with the ovulation ability of the ovaries.
- Low- level inflammation: Inflammation is the process by which your body's white blood cells fight infections. Studies reveal that women suffering from PCOS have a low level inflammation which acts as a catalyst in the production of androgens.
- Can be hereditary: If you have someone in your family suffering from this syndrome, you might automatically be at a higher risk of developing this disorder.
Symptoms accompanying PCOS:
- Abnormal menstrual is the most commonly observed symptom. Women suffering from PCOS may have less than nine periods in an entire year and in some cases, even none.
- Excess secretion of male hormone, which is related to excess androgen production may result in symptoms, such as abnormal body and facial hair, acne and baldness, which is identical to that in men.
- Unexplained increase in weight and difficulty losing it as well.
- Another fairly noticeable symptom is depression.