Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. YogeshYour feedback matters!
I had vaginal infection since 2-3 month. Now infection has gone after taking medicines by Dr. But sometime feel itchy vagina. After intercourse burning urination. So much frustrated:(. How can I get proper relief from infection. Please help.
I am 40 years old I hve got fibroids in uterus, doctor said if I get operated fibroids vil occur again. Or else you hve 2 remove the uterus. One of my frnd said if v remove the uterus v will not b able to enjoy sex. Is it right. After removing the uterus can be hve sex again.
I am 22 year old female. I am having menstruation cycle disbalance problem. As my all reports are normal. What should I do?
Preconception care refers to the care that a woman should take before getting pregnant. This refers to all the procedures and measures to be taken by a woman before pregnancy for maintaining good health before giving birth. Good preconception care also ensures proper health of the to-be-born child. Seeking information about pregnancy is also a part of preconception care by which a woman can prepare herself better physically and emotionally before childbirth. Visiting doctors and health practitioners is a part of preconception care. The body is prepared for giving birth during preconception care.
Nutritional supplements during preconception care:
Certain nutritional supplements are recommended for women during this stage. Folic acid is an important vitamin which enables healthy growth and development of the baby. Folic acid reduces birth defects like spina bifida.
Other healthy supplements which a woman may require during preconception care include iron, zinc and calcium. A healthy, balanced diet and drinking a lot of water are also important.
Visiting a doctor is necessary during the preconception care. You will require a detailed physical health checkup and required guidelines from a health expert. Recommended blood tests include full blood count, testing of ferritin levels and testing for rubella. Urine tests and blood pressure checkup are also vital. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Moreover, several measures and steps must be followed by a woman. They include the following:
- Having a proper diet with sufficient water intake along with nutritional supplements is very important.
- A woman during preconception care should quit smoking or reduce the amount of smoking profusely.
- Large amount of caffeine should be avoided. A woman should consume less caffeine containing products such as coffee, chocolates or soft drinks.
- Alcohol should be avoided strictly as it may reduce the chance of pregnancy.
- Medication without recommendation of the doctor should be avoided. A woman should not use any medicine without being prescribed by the doctor.
- Contact with any kind of chemical should be avoided and natural, environment-friendly cleaning products should be used.
- Overheating of the body should be avoided, and a woman during preconception care should keep away from spas and saunas.
- A regular exercise schedule must be taken up for health benefits regarding pregnancy. Lack of working out may give rise to various health problems in women before pregnancy.
- Any kind of stressful activity should be abstained from, and a woman during preconception care should not lift heavy objects, which cause strain.
- Relaxation techniques should be practiced by a woman to keep mentally healthy.
A woman during the preconception care period should follow all required guidelines given by a doctor. Avid care of the body should be taken to ensure a healthy childbirth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My girlfriend had her last mc on 15th july onwards. On 23rd we engaged into foreplay where I rubbed my NAKED genital against hers. But she had her underwear on. I did not ejaculate. Today is 15th august and she still has not got her periods. We are extremely tensed. What could be the reason of not going the periods?
- Helps to lower hypertension.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- Provides relief to those suffering from colon cancer.
- Prevents vaginal infections in women.
- Beneficial in lowering plague and gingivitis.
- Aids in relieving constipation, diarrhea, colon cancer and inflammatory bowel diseases.
"future placenta is posture-fundic, low lying about 3 cm from os. Given in the sonography. The normal delivery is not possible told by doctor is this correct? Is any solution for that? Month: 4th.
I think I'm pregnant, I'm not sure about it but I'm actually having these symptoms, like pelvic pain, nausea, headaches , fatigues, frequent urination, it has been 22 days since my last periods , is there any chance if abortion medically and if there is how can it be done.
I am 23 years old my period are missing from last 10 days. I have check pragnancy test but it shows negative. But my periods are still missing. What I do. Am I pragnant?
I am 29 I have one child but my periods is irreggular I want anthor child tablets use but period is not comming I have pcod problem before my child.
My wife is pregnant by 3 months can we have sex? Is it safe for both mother and child Pls advice if we have to avoid the same or some times we can have sex.
Get a diagnosis before anything else. It is really important to know what is causing your pain. See a doctor before you start doing any exercises or taking any medication. There are many reasons your hip could be in pain, including arthritis, bursitis, or an injury you've got while playing a sport. Always ask your doctor what you should and should not be doing, given the cause of your hip pain.
- Ice your joints: Holding ice to your hips will reduce inflammation of your joints. You should hold an ice pack to the affected area for 15 minutes several times a day. If you find that the ice pack is uncomfortably cold, wrap it in a towel and then place it on the pained area.
- Heat your joints if you have arthritis in your hips: Heating your joints can soothe the pain you feel. Consider taking a hot bath or shower, or soak in a hot tub if there is one available to you. You could also consider purchasing a hot pad that you can place directly on your hip. Do not use heat to soothe your joints if you have bursitis. Heat can cause hips affected by bursitis to actually become more inflamed.
- Get some rest: If you have injured your hip, the best thing you can do is to simply give your hip time to heal. Avoid anything that causes you to feel pain in your hip. Instead, grab an ice pack, a bowl of popcorn and watch some movies. You should give your hip a rest for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid high-impact activities: If you are in severe pain, chances are you won't feel like running or jumping anyway, but it is good to keep in mind that these activities should be avoided. High-impact activities will cause your joints to become more inflamed, thus causing your more pain. Instead of running, try taking a brisk walk, as walking has much less of an impact on your joints.
- Consider losing weight: The more your body weighs, the more weight your painful hip is burdened with supporting. Losing weight can help ease hip pain simply by removing some of that weight that stresses the cartilage and joints.
- Choose the right shoes: You should buy shoes that give you as much support as possible. Look for shoes that have great cushions, or have removable insoles so that you can add orthopaedics. The sole should have good shock absorption, should limit pronation (turning or rotating the foot) and will evenly distribute pressure along the length of your foot.
I am suffering from left armpit pain from last two days. And 2 days before I have white discharge from my left breast. Is it harmful? What causes this? Please help.
My daughter age of 22 facing the problem of bedwetting while sleeping at night from childhood. I consulted with doctor few years back. He said it will stop with passage of time. But she still wet the bed. We are going to plan her marriage. Which medicine should I give to her to stop bed wetting.
Ever had tempting food calling out to you, but could not to swallow it? This could be a serious medical condition and should not be taken lightly. Sometimes, certain disorders in the throat or the esophagus culminate in acute difficulties in swallowing. Commonly termed dysphagia, this disease is directly linked to some sort of a neuro cardiac abnormality. Dysphagia is commonly noted in babies and aged people or in other words in those age groups whose immunity systems are not necessarily strong. Occasional troubles in swallowing can go unnoticed and may not necessarily raise the alarm, but if this condition prevails for a comparatively long period of time, then one really needs to get themselves checked.
Some of the most prominent causes of dysphagia have been enlisted below:
- Muscular and nervous dysfunctions: On certain occasions, the nerves and the muscles that are responsible for transporting food through the food pipe may not be functioning properly. As a consequence of which, food particles find it difficult to navigate through the esophagus and reach the stomach. Such a condition may be spurred by a stroke or nervous diseases like Parkinson's, sclerosis or dystrophy. A weak immunity system, leading to an inflammation and thus narrowing of the esophageal walls may also cause such a disease.
- Gastronomical distresses: Ulcers or inflammation of the food pipe due to some gastroenteric disorders is also a cause of dysphagia. Such a condition may arise out of innocuous situations like an allergic reaction or on account of more chronic medical distresses like cancers and tumors.
- Dryness inside the mouth: The saliva in the mouth helps in debilitating the food particles into digestible form. However, due to some kind of a hormonal imbalance, if there isn't adequate saliva formation, it becomes a task to swallow the food and results in dysphagia.
With timely diagnosis, dysphagia can be treated effectively. Treating dysphagia usually involves a few clinical methods as well as a few lifestyle changes. Certain specialists advice exercising the throat muscles that can possibly ease out swallowing while others recommend specific changes in the diet for the same. Surgical procedures involve dilation and endoscopy which clears out the surface area of the esophagus as a result of which heals dysphagia to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.