Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I am having severe pain in the chest when I breath. What is the causes and what are the possible diseases?
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.
I go to jim but I stop it due my exam. From 6 month, now very pain on my chest what can I do at this moments.
My wife is 59 year. Her lipid test indicated LDL as 141 mg/dl and HDL as 36 mg/dl. Are these values OK. Is there any method to improve by natural methods. I don't wish to take medicines. Pl suggest.
Can blocks in the heart be diluted/reduced by taking homeopathy medicines? Is it possible to increase EF level through homeopathy medicines? Tq.
I am 45 years male suffering from chronic caugh for last 12 years. While coughing irritation of throat occur, no chest pain. When cough started it last for 1 minute and my eyes becaming red. I have consulted ent, medicine specialist, chest specialist done many test like x ray, throat endoscopy, allery etc. Everything is normal. Please suggest.
Hi, My mother is a diabetic and hypertensive patient. She is taking medication but feeling some problems like hunger, weakness and lack of energy . Doctor told to walk but she has lethargy to walk. What is the way out? Also facing gastric problems. Latest Blood Sugar report is FPG : 127, PPG :121. BP : 160/80.
Hi, I am a 28 years old, male, obese person. In 22 years of age, I had a problem started, high bp. Doctor recomment me seloken xl 50 mg + amcard 5 twice daily. Few years back, due to high cost of medicine, I started using generic medicine which is metoprolol 50 mg (for seloken xl 50 mg) + amlodipine 5 mg (for amcard 5). Are these generic medicines fine for me? other than this I started taking patanjali ayurvedic medicine divya mukta vati also.
My dad underwent a medical check up yesterday I was going through the report. He is 54 years of age.in the physical examination in abnormalities LIPIDS-N/ABN was highlighted. On asking him about it he said that it's regular cholesterol and he has has been given medication for it. His cholesterol is 227 mg/dl and S.LDL-cholesterol is 164.4 mg/dl. These were highlighted as well. If you could just help me out to know what it is.in the report it was also highlighted to test this abnormality after every 4-6 weeks. Thank you. He does this checkup every year and it was the first time this was highlighted. Please help. THANK YOU.
Last night my mother have sudden rapid heart beat, Is there any big health issue or not. Kindly reply with cause & prescription. Thank you.
I am 56 years, having sugar & blood pressure to control what I should do and nowadays I don't get interest in sex, also nature is like taking tensions,& at evening time my body becomes loose means less energy thanks
I am suffering from gas problem. I have pain also at centre of chest since 2 month pls suggest cure.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.