Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VrishankYour feedback matters!
I am having blood in my mouth while sleeping. Some times the blood with saliva has yellow substance. What would be the reason.
While eating anything there is voice coming out of my mouth just like a tick tick. Sometimes it doesn't happen but most of the time it happens. So tell me the sol of this.
Hii sir , good evening , I am akhil , age 21 old , I am suffering from mouth ulcer and when I stand my eyes head is rotating , I can't able to do my work , these symptoms showing any diseases , is necessary to do check up , I am in mental stress about this , I am feeling tension plzz give me a clear clarification.
How to make teeth whiter? My teeth are in yellow shade. It make me feel embarrassed sometimes. Please suggest something to make them whiter.
Hi I want to ask dat my kids drink milk at sleeping time in night after brushing their teeth. It can cause any dental problem.
I'm going through chronic bad breath situation. Please help me with your informative reply to get rid of this. Thank you.
I am a chain smoker, from one week I am suffering from severe gum pain, reddish skin over the operculum of the wisdom teeth, and swelling around the area, rest of teeth are good. I am a drinker for 2 years and stopped drinking 2 years ago. I am afraid if they are symptoms of oral cancer. What should I do now ?
I am facing oral ulcer under my lower lips my Dr. given me becosules and folvite tablet bt 6 days passed ulcer not gone now my tongue is paining with some red spots on tongue on right side. Dr. saying it's normal it will take time heal.
My teeth are very yellowish from inside where I cannot brush even. Otherwise I have no problem till now. Pls suggest how to take care of them and to clean them from inside. Thanks.
My sister often gets mouth ulcers (large in quantity) along with swelling of gums and lips. She has tried homeopathic medication. But this repeats very frequently. What should she do?
I am 18 years old male. Bloods are coming during brushing and a smell from mouth. Please help what I can do for it?
Hi, i am 25 years old I have 2 childrens first one is 6 years 8 months and second is 1 year old. I am suffering from toothache I got xray but there is no cavity shown in the xray what should I do ?
My teeth's are looking very bad. I clean my teeth's with Colgate but my teeth are looking bad. What should I do please suggest me?
I am 20 years old male. I have blue black (blend) gums and yellowish teeth. What should I do for healthy gum and teeth.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
This massage will increase the blood circulation of your gums thereby tightening the gums and leading to better gums health.