Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vj ThakarYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years female and already taking the medicines for thyroid and PCOD. As I had an unprotected sex last night can I take pills? As I am already taking hormonal medicines for thyroid and pcod so I am confused, please suggest me. Thanks.
Milk is also a fatty substance like butter. Since butter is taken from milk, drinking milk in night will it not cause indigestion, fullness of stomach?
Hello, I had noticed a small swelling above my right collar bone and I was advised an FNAC procedure. The test report says following, Specimen: Right Cervical Lymphnode Cytological Examination: Haemorrhagic aspirate shows very scanty reactive lymphoid cell population comprising, mainly small lymphocytes, immunoblasts and few degenerated cells. No definite granulomas identified No atypical lymphoid cell/ R S like cell seen. Few necrotic foci are seen. Ziehl - Neelsen stain performed on one of the smear for acid fast bacilli is negative. Two smears are acellular. Impression: Features are suggestive of Reactive Lymphoid Aspirate. Note: In view of the above findings it is advisable to do open biopsy of this lesion for a definitive diagnosis, if lymph node swelling persists. The swelling has definitely come down in the last 6 days, I was prescribed Bactomin 750. Do I still need to get a biopsy done. Please advise. Thanks
My son is nearly 4 years old and past few days he is coughing heavily during night times and in early morning .He becomes normal after 8 am .Once sun is out .We are already giving him. levokast kid tablet, Clariwin, Telekast. Is there any suggestion it is hard to see him suffer this much. He is not drinking hot water and wants only cold to drink and because of that his voice is also frozen. During day time he is normal and after 8 pm he has heavy cough. Please suggest a good solution in this..
I am 25 year old male and I have recently started facing itching problem in my private parts since 1 week and also stated seeing lumps type thing in my genitals and penis which is spreading and so itchy. So what should I do now, please help me out.
Cervical lymphadenopathy. With pain during deep inspiration and brown sputum. Neck pain. Wat can it be.
I have pearly penile papules last 2 years How to remove, please help, control medication please tell me.
I am suffering with heavy headache since one month. This headache is happening entire day. Recently one month back I have joined in a company on that day I am facing this problem and didn't face this problem before the job. Please help me to get rid off this pain by suggesting medicine or suggesting related doctor to consult.
Due to the changes in our lifestyles many couples are suffering from infertility. Here are few lifestyle modifications which may be tried by male partner before going for any serious intervention.
1) keep cell phones away from your body as much as possible as it may damage sperms to an extent.
2) adequate sleep is a must for repair of sperms. Mainly the process of sperm repair takes place in men's body between 10: 00 pm to 2: 00 am. Thus, try to sleep before 10: 00pm.
3) eat fresh fruits and vegetables. As the antioxidants in these foods prevents sperm from oxidative species. A glass of lemon water a day can do wonders as it is a rich source of vitamin c, essential for your sperms.
4) stay away from excessive heat exposure: if you are a cook or a chef be careful to stay away from heat. Similar advise for factory workers and engineers working on the sites. Avoid tight underclothing.
4) avoid alcohol, smoking and body building supplements. As they all have direct or indirect effect on fertility.
5) yoga, meditation and deep breathing exercise increase the immunity and in many ways boost the fertility. Also they help in fighting stress which is many times a major hinderence in fertility.
These small efforts may improve the quality of semen to a great extent and may help in a couple to conceive just at the preliminary level without too many interventions.
I have a large headache .I tried all the methods to cure .but it done nothing. Please give me some tips to cure.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is a condition in which a woman experiences fluctuation of hormone levels, estrogen, and progesterone which causes cysts in her ovaries, dysfunctional menstrual cycle, cardiac problem, fertility and changes in appearance. Hormones are chemical messengers that can trigger a number of issues in the body. Long term problems due to PCOS can be avoided with an early diagnosis and a proper treatment.
- Genetics and hormonal imbalance have been identified as the main causes of PCOS although the exact reason has not been discovered.
- Overproduction of androgen, a male hormone in a woman can cause small lumps in the ovaries, irregular development of eggs and abnormal insulin level.
The severity of the symptoms depends on the constitution of the person but the most common one is irregular periods. PCOS occurs when there is a decrease in sex hormones which can lead to the development of certain male features like:
- Deeper voice
- Growth of hair on face, toes, stomach, chest and back
- Reduction in breast size
- Loss and thinning of hair
There are other symptoms as well which can help one to determine the syndrome including:
- Oily skin leading to acne
- Irregular egg formation causing fertility problems and miscarriages
- Depression, anxiety and mood swings
- Hyperinsulinemia, that refers to the presence of too much insulin in the body which can cause obesity
- Difficulty in breathing while sleeping
The severity of the symptoms varies but if you are experiencing any of these problems, it is advisable to seek a professional consultation. A healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, nutritious diets are some of the preventive measures you can take. There are hormone regulating medicines and treatments that attempt to curb the condition but there is no permanent cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.