Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal PundeYour feedback matters!
I have very much leg pain. Near my nees it is high. I feel like my feet are some what bulge. What could be the reason. Doctor said my sugar level is normal.
I have diagnosed Pharyngitis, mucus continue to form (specially after going outside in pollution) or inflammation is continues into nose, feeling tired due to headache. (please suggest)
Sir I am having recurrent fever and night sweats. I also have cough for past few days. What may be the cause for this. What treatment should I take.
Skin is one of the most obvious parts of our body, which ages with an increase in the number of candles on our birthday cake. As you age, joints tend to become stiffer and less flexible. The body does not recover from bumps and bruises as easily as it did before, and it becomes difficult to stand for extended time intervals. This is caused mostly by a breakdown of cartilage and inflammation of the synovium.
What is cartilage?
Cartilage is a flexible connective tissue. It connects the ends of two bones in a joint. It is softer than bone tissue but less flexible than muscle tissue. Cartilage is responsible for the smooth movement of joints.
With age, cartilage begins to degenerate. As the cartilage gets thinner, movement becomes more and more difficult. If left untreated, the cartilage may completely wear off leaving no buffer between the bones. This is one of the leading causes of knee replacement surgery.
What is synovium?
Synovium is a membrane responsible for keeping the cartilage healthy. It produces a thick fluid that keeps the cartilage and joint lubricated. In cases of osteoarthritis, this membrane can swell up and produce excess fluid. This in turn causes the joint to swell as well.
Along with age, factors like being overweight, genetics, gender and lifestyle also play a role in the condition of your joints. Being obese point towards a sedentary lifestyle and puts extra pressure on joints, leading to the thinning of cartilage. While men have higher chances of becoming osteoarthritis patients before 45, women have higher chances of developing this disease after 50. A healthy lifestyle is the easiest way to ensure that your joints work well even when you're old and grey.
Movement of the joints keeps the fluid in them moving. It also prevents the cartilage from shrinking and stiffening up. Exercise also makes the bones stronger, and slows the rate of bone tissue deterioration. Stretching exercises are also a good way to maintain the flexibility of joints.
Foods that are known as natural antihistamines, antioxidants and foods that fight inflammation promote healthy joints. Some of these are:
- Green tea: It prevents the breakdown of collagen and cartilage
- Nuts and seeds: These are rich in omega 3 fats that are essential for good bone health
- Ginger: It relieves pain and joint swelling
- Yogurt: It helps soothe tender joints and fights inflammation
- Pomegranate: It protects the cartilage against damage
Hot and cold therapy can also help relieve joint pain and reduce inflammation. As you get older, avoid putting too much pressure on your joints and give them adequate rest. Lastly, avoid smoking, as people who smoke have an increased risk of cartilage loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
Hello doctor my self pankaj paditar I am 20. Year old man I have skin allergies problem since four months what should I do please tell me.
I have pain in left side of abdomen. I t relieves after sex and ejaculation. Can it be something related with semen or urine problem.
Hi I am 25 years some time I feel weakness due to snowphilia. What precautions I should take. Many time my haemoglobin count also get low.
I have came vomiting again and again last night. I eat some apple slice only. I have also diperiya. please solution my problem.
I am 75 years old and frequently suffering from chronic cough at nights. I also have asthma. Its not subsided after taking many medicines. Tell me the remedy.
Hi Respected Doctors, I have already found some suggestion on this app. I am 23, having 4" manhood, less facial hair and thin moustache. I use to have a morning erection daily without fail. So,I want to know why am having small penis size and less beard and moustache, is this becoz of LOW T.As one doctor suggested, am looking for a homeopathic treatment. So please any homeopathic Doctors help me out this by direct appointment .Awaiting for your response. Am 23, I must be very conscious abt my sexual health.
I do not like food to eat. As I do not feel hungry. If I take breakfast at 8 am then I will take lunch on 2 pm. As I do not feel hungry. So tell me how to improve my stamina n digestive system.
I use to have itching over the glans of penis for around 1 year. On and off with normal interval of around 30-40 days. I've found some red spots over the glans with the onset of itching. Itching gets relieved with local application of candid ointment for 5-7 days. Then whenever I masturbate I use to get red spots and itching starts again. I am 27 years old and unmarried. Had one time unprotected intercourse 1 years back. Any suggestions?
Hello, My stomach is becoming upset regularly nowadays. Whenever I eat food with green chilli or mild spice, then I have acidity, stomach makes a lot of noise and I get diariha, all watery stool and stomach ache near chest top side. What should I do? I never had this problem before and I could eat much spicy/hot food without any problem before.
Hi. My age is 30. I have irregular periods. For the past 6months I urinate more than 12 times a day. especially nights. Even if I change my body position while sleeping, I immediately get an urge to urinate. please tell me what is my problem. I do not have any pain while urinating. Als I do not hav diabetes.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.