Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VishalYour feedback matters!
I have 15 months son his weight is 10 kg he has vomit n loose stools what food should I give to him wat medicine shall I give ? Emeset syrup am giving to him for vomit please help me.
My son is 7 years old. He is having stomach ache, loose motions and vomiting. He had motions and vomiting twice since this morning. He was fine yesterday. He went on School trip day before. Please advise.
Hello my baby is 7 month and I am feeding ragi of 1st bite but problem is that when he does potty, Ragi particles goes out, is it normal?
My 2 year old son frequent cough n cold. But is active.What are the signs to Chek allergies or asthma ?
Dear Doctor, Four days back we have started giving my 25 days old baby girl bath with Sunni pindi. After that she developed red color blisters on face and in hair. So we stopped it. How to prevent and cure those blisters? I'm really worried. Also her nose is blocked since last night. It's May be becoz of cold. Please suggest some medicine for blocked nose and cold.
My child age is 49 days. We had forgotten to give the first dose of immunization vaccine at the time of birth because he was premature baby. Later it was given at the day of 35. Now, when will we give the second dose of immunization?
Is watching porn and masturbating right for me?(I'm 16 years old. Does it cause any harm to my health or stamina and does it affect my concentration and cause distraction in studies? It wastes lot of my time and I feel a bit guilty after doing it. What should I do? Stop it completely (which is very hard for me) or continue it and do it once in 2-3 days?
My daughter is 4 months old and being both breast fed and bottle fed with formula milk. She is passing loose stools twice a day. Please suggest any syrup for proper digestion.
Lybrate - Dr. Ajay Mehta talks About Vaccinations In Children
Hello. I am Dr. Ajay Mehta and I am working in the field of pediatrics from last 16 years and I have worked for many carpets hospitals in Delhi NCR and my own clinic is in south city, Gurgaon. I would like to tell you about some tips about taking care of infants and newborns. First of all, we will take about the vaccinations.
The vaccination schedules which is being described by a WHO or government of India that should be followed by each and every new born. Vaccination schedule includes BCG and polio drops, like hepatitis B at the birth. Then DPT, then injection polio and Rotavirus vaccine. Now a days, Rotavirus vaccine is also available in civil hospitals. So I want that every child should be vaccinated till the age of 15 years and because this decreases the amount of diseases prevailing in the society and the country. So the death rates in the newborns and infants can be decreased by giving them vaccinations.
Second thing I would like to highlight about the nutrition part after 6 months of age is whining food that should be proper nutritious healthy diet should be started with the liquid diet, then semi-solid and then solid food should be given that is also very important part in this period. The requirement of the child increase after the 6 months of age and I never endorse any packed food or any formula food which are available in the market. Proper healthy and good food, healthy nutritious food should be initiated at the age of 6 months. And that is necessary for the development and the growth of the baby.
If you have any further queries you can contact me on lybrate.com because I think Lybrate is a better platform for our day to day queries.
Sir please prescribe medicine of my daughter that suffers from vomiting and loose motion. She is nearly six yes old.
My newborn niece's hands are defected. Fingers of both the hands are not fully developed. So is there any surgery which can help her to make the fingers look ok.
Hi Sir/Madam, I have one child. My child is 2 Years and 6 month old. He does not eat proper food. He Only take milk or some time he take namkeen or potato chips. He do not show interest in any kind of food. Dr. Banga is a famous child specialist in gwalior. Dr. Banga told me that if you do not feed your child proper food your child get in to trouble and Dr. Banga also told me that your child have low quantity of blood. Sir please help me. How can I feed my child. He do not want to eat anything. He never listen to me. What should I do?
Hi My son is 5 months old, We had echo test and he have Bicuspid Aortic Valve with normal biventricular function. Is there any chances or possibilities that it will resolve automatically?
My 6 month old baby having fever from last night. Her temparture is fluctuating between 99F-102F. Her head and neck area is getting excessive heated up compare to her body. What should I do as its a Sunday and no doctor is available here.
Hi, my son s 9 month (8.4 kg)old nd he s vomiting a lot so doctor suggest to give domstal 0.3 ml but by mistake I gave 2 ml to my baby, is dis any harm to my baby?
I have a 4 months old baby girl. So I just wanted to know when she will crawl and when she will starts talking. please advice?
Hello. .my nephew is 40 days old and he is often crying badly due to etching on anus caused by pinworm.. Suggest some medicine for him. I repeat he is only 40 days old.
My daughter is 3 & half Months old. She is a healthy child but she has motions cleared at an interval of 2-3 days. This has been going on from a month now. Is this normal or she needs some medicine for regular motions. She feeds on mother's milk and urinates quite frequently whole day. Also please tell me if she needs calcium or any other supplement to support her good growth as she is already 7.750 kg by weight.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.