Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. VishalYour feedback matters!
I have suffered from dengue about 3 years ago. Now my half head is always in pain my right eye right side of fase head always pains and I suffers from brain and body weakness I my 42 years old lady. please tell me medicins or fruits which can help me .I can not able to do any work I suffers from fatigue.
MY eye side was very weak. Due to use very much use pc. please tell me some treatment to avoid this problem.
I have pain in my eyes and I can not sleep because of pain and also can not read on white paper as I read the pain goes higher I wash eyes pain goes down please help.
Sir, My mom is 49 years old, She is suffering from dry mouth dry eyes, what is this problem? She is also suffering from hcv, rasoli, ulcer. For hcv she is taking homeopathy and for rasoli medicine.
Hello sir I am 23 year old and I am having allergy in my eyes from a long time (5 year around). And allergy produce white gummy stringy things from my eyes. Please help me. I consulted to many doctors but they said its allergy and use eye drop but it never worked. Please help me.
How can I cure ptosis. This us from nt born. I got in middle. Few months back. Pls suggest me. My eye lid is dropped little bit. How can I cure?
I use computer daily almost 4 to 5 hours a day. What precautions I need to take to protect my eyes? Because sometimes I feel redness of eyes.
Sometimes when I rub my eyes. I start to loose vision on the eye that I rub. And it really scares me because I literally can't see for a few minutes, but it slowly fades away and my vision comes back. Do I have a problem with my eye or vision?
My eyes are week. I have power specs from last 2 year. But not improving. I have Left eye -2.0.right -1.5.nearsightedness. M I eligible for laser operation.
I'm 17 and have planned for joining indian air force for which I am successful in cracking all the hurdles except for vision test. I have myopia. And want to go for laser surgery before 18 as per my exams for air foreNDA. Please please consult me.
I wear spectacles of power 1.25 D (Left eye) & 1.75 D (right eye) & I feel as if it's increasing continuously. Can I have my normal vision back by any means. Yoga, laser or any method?
I read an article on internet reg effects of flash light on eyesight of a child below 4 years. It stated that the eyesight of the child has been completely lost because of the flash light. But, when I google some say it effects and some say it doesn't. I just want to know what is the fact.
I am taking treatment for acne. Now the doctor is saying for laser treatment for scars, as I am having lot of them. Should I go for laser treatment? What type of side effects does it have? Should I immediately go for it after my acne medicinal treatment is over or should I wait for sometime to see whether acne returns or not?
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Sir. I am having Hyperopia from last 11 years. And now it is 3.5. And now I am planning for Laser Eye Operation. Is it good or not? I mean, will I get any problem after that too? as 1 of the doctor told me that after a time around 10-15 years, you may again have the problem of Hyperopia. So, please help me in this issue.
I am much conscious of other people view, presence. Whatever I do I think what other people say, think etc. It affects my ability to take decision, do any work. I feel pressure, mental blockage nd tension. I always think somebody is watching me in case I alone. I couldn't not live freely, happily. Pliz psychologist suggest me solution.
A sty is a tiny red bump in the eyes which looks like a pimple on the outer edge of the eye. This condition usually causes a lot of discomfort and a significant amount of pain. This pimple generally forms when the oil glands in the eyes get clogged with dirt and grime as well as excess oil, which created blockage due to the accumulation of bacteria. Too much tear production as well as swelling and pain are the most common symptoms of this condition, which must be shown to an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Read on to find out the various ways in which you can treat this condition:
- Well Cleaned Hands: Always ensure that your hands are properly cleaned and sanitised, as the hands can spread the maximum amount of germs and bacteria to your eyes. The hands are usually the most overworked part of the body which we use for doing a variety of tasks that involve touching, gripping, pulling, pushing and running them along a variety of surfaces. This causes a build-up of germs and bacteria on the hands which can easily get transferred to the face or the eyes, as one touches these areas constantly. So, it is important to keep your hands clean at all time to ensure that the sty does not get worse.
- Avoid Makeup: When you are suffering from a sty, it is imperative to keep your eyes clean and clear. For this, you must avoid using makeup until the sty gets fully cured as the makeup may irritate the eye and the particles may further block the pimple. Also, you may want to avoid wearing contact lenses unless the sty gets better, and stick to glasses instead so that there is nothing in the eye that will obstruct its treatment.
- Warm Washcloth: This treatment will soothe the eye and help in sanitising the area with the warmth of the washcloth. Also, this kind of treatment for a few minutes every day will ensure that the swelling also reduces. Further, one must ensure that the washcloth is clean and lint free so that no dirt escapes into the eyes.
- Avoid Squeezing: One must avoid squeezing the sty as this action can make it even worse. Further, if the pimple bursts, the liquid or pus within can easily infect the eye and the area around it. The sty should be allowed to drain out on its own, or you can visit an eye doctor who will help in draining it out.
Getting professional help to treat the sty with medication and ointments as well as medical procedures is always more helpful.