Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vipul V. VakilYour feedback matters!
I have a legs pain hand pain and cold head pain eyes red and all body is pain. What to do? Please help me.
Sir mere left eye me irritation rehta h jab me mobile dekhta hu to zyada ho jaati h ye just nose k side me hota h right eye is safe so please consult me any medicine for my treatment please.
I m a 19 year old girl and my eyes usually remain red. My eyes blinks frequently. please suggest me what to do?
I have red eyes for last 1 month. What should I do to get off rid this problem? Please consult me as soon as possible.
How to cure glaucoma? Is there any sure medical technology that completely cures glaucoma? Please suggest if their any natural remedies for glaucoma?
I am 27 years old male. My eyes are getting dried very often. Already I am using Eco tears eye drops suggested by doctor. But there is no improvement. I am getting stressed because of this eye problem.
I have problem with my left eye. someday I can see clearly with it but someday it looks somewhat blur. I had eye allergy problem (redness of eye) from many years. Even one year back I was having this for both eyes. Is this blueness due to any allergy?
I felt very uneasy with some gastric problem and I went and net one gastroenterologist and after endoscopy he said there is a pre-pyloric ulcer and gave me esomeprazole tables to take every morning. But even though I'm taking the tablets I'm feeling very heavy in the stomach mainly after eating food probably the gas due to very slow digestion of food. Yesterday evening I drank one glass of buttermilk and I vomited it in the night. What should I do now?
I am taking viagra since last seven years around 5 to 6 tab per month at present I have no vision problem if I want to take viagra more is it possible to get vision problem now?
Actually my eyesight is very weak as +6 of glasses in both the specks. This eye sight problem transfers from heredity?
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.