Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod PrabhuYour feedback matters!
As I asked previously about thyroid, before 7 months it was 3.060 and yesterday when I checked it is 3.26,I went through pregnancy check it is positive, will that be a problem for pregnancy, kindly help me in this doubt.
Can I have sex just after period off on 8th day in order to get pregnant. From 8th day can I start doing sex till 14th day.
Hi. I'm getting continuous miscarriages. My doctor is suspecting the egg quality and advice me to go for donor egg. Im not interested in that. Is there any way to check the quality of the eggs?
Period k kitne din bad grabh me dimb yani egg utpanna hota hain? Kyse pata kre grabh me dimb yani egg banna suru ho rhi Hain? Koi medical kit ya upay bataiye jis se pata chale ki grabh me dimb yani egg banna suru ho gya Hain? Jis din se dimb yani egg banna suru ho rhi Hain uss date ko ekbar sambhog krne se grabh dharan ho skta Hain? Male sperm ko kyse strong Kiya ja skta Hain? Jis se grabh me dimb yani egg se male sperm fatilise ho jaye or maximum 72 hours jeevit reh ske?
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.
I m 22 years old I have pcod my periods are irregular I already have taken various treatment my periods came after 2 months and it is already 1 mnth bleeding is on please suggest what should I do to stop bleeding?
I have sex with my wife 3 times in a day without any protection after that I give her e- pill before 72 hr sex is there is any chance of pregnancy? She's periods date is 13 and periods come 1 day earlier but its not same as previous periods its lighter than before periods.
Hello Dr, I have armpit lump as well as breast lumps. Armpit lump is developed few days before. And breast lumps is there from last 3-4 years in my knowledge. I recently had a baby 3 months before via c section. Is there anything to be worry about?
What is best diet chart and other activities like yoga /acupuncture /exercise during early pregnancy period 3-4 WEEKS (it's IVF)? Please advise.
Hello, I am 26 years old. My problem is that when I am having intercourse with my husband & when he insert sperms to me. Then it comes out back when I get up even after many hours. We want a baby. What can we do.
Meri wife ka period jab hota hai to uske pet me bohat pain hota hai jabki pahle Aisa nahi hota thaa.
I am having cramps, dizziness, nausea, frequent urination, over sleeping, weightless almost 85% pregnancy symptoms ,I didn't use pregnancy kit, is there chances of pregnancy?
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My wife is 22 years old and she has been taking I-pill since past year and it has sum up to 13. After her last period ended we had sex and she took another pill. Then we had protected sex after 7 days and since then it's been a month and she hasn't got her periods yet. What is the problem?
Can I start healthy diet after 1 month of cesarean delivery? What type of exercises I can do for weight loss?
The unbeatable Beetroot Juice has been elevated to the status of a superfood owing to its many benefits.
Beetroot, also known simply as the beet, has been gaining in popularity as a new super food due to recent studies claiming that beets and beetroot juice can improve athletic performance, lower blood pressure and increase blood flow.
Did you know that it can boost your stamina.
What if I told you consuming something as simple as a beetroot could possibly help extend endurance and improve performance?
The supplement world is a crazy world, and I know you,
as an athlete, want to do everything you can to optimize training and performance – as long as it makes sense and actually works.
Drinking a glass of beetroot juice or consuming some nice baked beetroot is easy and, in my opinion, delicious.
Some other benefits of Beetroot Juice –
– Improves memory
– Detoxifies Body
– Fat free and energy giving
– Effective for wound healing
– Lowers cholesterol and bp
– Prevents Skin ageing and cell damage
– Improves immunity
– prevents constipation and improves digestion
– excellent food during pregnancy as contain natural folic acid.
Beetroot juice supplementation has been shown to improve muscle oxygenation during exercise, suggesting that increased dietary nitrate intake has the potential to enhance exercise tolerance during long-term endurance exercise.
Quality of life for those with cardiovascular, respiratory, or metabolic diseases, who find the activities of daily living physically difficult because of lack of oxygenation, could be improved.