Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Prabhu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod PrabhuYour feedback matters!
Is light bleeding along with sticky semifluid liquid is the sign of pregnancy? The bleeding was around 3 days please suggest weather it is the sign of pregnancy or not?
PRP for Penile enl
The platelet-rich plasma is then injected intotarget areas. This plasma rich in platelets, stem cells, and growth factors is very useful for tissue regeneration and healing. The PRP injections are followed by corona injectionsdesigned to enlarge the girth of the head of the penis.
If you’re unhappy with what you’ve got down below, you’re not alone – a lot of boys and men want to trump nature and increase the size of their penis. They’re constantly on the lookout for a new product or treatment that will give them a bigger package.
A new one on the market injects platelet rich plasma (PRP) into your penis to make it bigger. Widely used by world famous sexologist , Dr C Sharath Kumar from past five years, has proved that PRP WORKS.But is there proof that this new treatment will really it bigger? Will this really strengthen the penis or increase stamina, sensation and pleasure? And what are the risks of trying it ?
Let’s talk about what the injection is, exactly. First, your own blood is drawn, then the platelets are concentrated. This platelet-rich plasma is then re-injected into your penis. The treatment is supposed to stimulate regrowth of new tissues and after one or more injections, lead to a bigger penis. Some marketers claim that the injection will increase penis size as much as 10 to 20% in length and girth.
In theory, the idea makes sense: use the body’s own healing mechanisms, goosed to new levels, to rejuvenate your penis to be bigger and work better.
But there are a couple of problems with this theory.
First, while it may be possible to temporarily increase girth by injecting temporary fillers and fluid into the tissues (just think of those women with swollen, puffy lips from collagen), you can’t permanently change what you were genetically given. The two internal chambers (corpora cavernosa) that allow a penis to expand in length and girth with erections are fixed in size. No amount of stretching, injecting, vitamins, surgery or hormones can make them any bigger. As an old professor of mine once explained, “they are what they are.”
Another problem with the theory: platelet-rich plasma injections prompt healing, not growth. Platelets accelerate healing of an injury by increasing inflammation (swelling) and growth of microscopic blood vessels. Platelet-rich plasma is often injected at the site of an injury to accelerate the rebuilding of the damaged tissue and restore the area to its original condition. So, PRP injections can be a helpful means to boost healing and tissue regeneration after orthopedic injuries, plastic surgery or for bad arthritis, but they’re not going to make those areas bigger or better than they were before the injury.
Plus, when it comes to injecting PRP into penises, we just don’t have enough research.
There are only 2 studies on platelet-rich plasma injections in penises – and those are in rat penises, after their genital nerves had been crushed. The studies did show that the treated rats had faster regeneration of the nerves, and consequently, better restoration of erections, than non-treated rat penises – but neither study showed that the treated rats ended up with biggerpenises. Looking through hundreds of studies, I can find none aimed at testing using PRP in humans to make penises bigger. I did locate a Russian research paper indicating that it might be worthwhile to research the use of PRP in men for erectile dysfunction – and I agree that this is worth looking into – but the paper offered no other information, and no mention of using PRP to increase penis size. Of the research listed on The PRP website, only one of the studies was specific to penises, and it focused on correcting curved penises. So, as of right now, there are no studies to prove that PRP makes healthy penises bigger, neither in rats nor men.
If, despite all of this, you are still considering this treatment, you should consider the risks. Though I am sure that some men will complain of pain, I am more worried that repeated injections might lead to scarred, disfigured penises. Plus there are some concerns about rare risks leading to life threatening blood-clotting problems.
For a lot of men who have been searching for a way to increase their size.
Does astagen f helps in early pregnancy, why is it prescribed, is it opted during the treatment of infertility?
Hello Doctor, Last month I got my usg and reports says I have urine fibroid of 30×26 mm. My periods are regular but severe pain on 2nd day. Is there any treatment for the same except surgery. Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.
One of the most common personality disorders, BPD or borderline personality disorder often remains undiagnosed or repressed and gets passed off as mood swings or a volatile disposition. However this disorder is much more than just mood swings as it can seriously affect the quality of a person’s life. The primary manifestation of this disorder is in the way you think about yourself and others which result in the work that you need to do on a daily basis.
How does BPD manifest in your life?
The most common ways Borderline personality disorder can manifest in your life is with extreme mood swings or emotions, a discernable pattern in relationships becoming unstable after sometime, impulsive behavior, and a self–image which is distorted. BPD thus affects how you view yourself, how you feel about others and you resultant behavior in general. Some of the typical signs and symptoms of borderline personality disorder are mentioned below.
Persistent feelings of emptiness
- Anger in inappropriate or unnecessary places, losing your temper very frequently, resulting in physical fights
- Fearing abandonment intensely, whether it is real or imagined and thus going huge lengths to stop it from happening
- Extreme instability in relationships which may cause a partner to be liked one moment and then hated the next
- People with BPD also tend to be suicidal which is often caused by the fear of rejection or separation
- Engaging in risky and impulsive behaviors such as
- Engaging in unsafe sex despite being aware of the implications
- Splurging money on gambling
- Leaving a good job suddenly
- A tendency to indulge in drugs
- Binge eating
- Reckless driving
- Suddenly terminating a healthy and positive relationship
- Sudden changes in values and self-identity and goals and feeling low about yourself as a result
Causes of Borderline personality disorder
In most cases borderline personality disorder can’t be exactly attributed to a single cause and in most cases, is a combination of factors. While genetic or hereditary predisposition can cause BPD it may also be triggered by other factors. Also, not curbing mal-traits in young children or encouraging such behaviors may lead to BPD as they grow up. Some of the factors that contribute to BPD are
- Abnormalities in the brain
- Childhood incidents which were stressful
- Personality traits which have worsened
If you think you have been displaying some of the symptoms for a fairly prolonged period, it is advisable that you visit a mental health professional for counseling and start with therapy as advised by them. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have periods for 10 or 11 days although the bleeding is negligible after 7 days. Is this normal. When period delays the bleeding converts into clots and my belly looks fat. Is this the symptom of swelling in uterus.
Pain during intercourse is pain or discomfort in a woman's labial, vaginal, or pelvic areas during or immediately following sexual intercourse. The sensation felt in this region differs from woman to woman, and can include itching, burning, inflammation. Vestibulodynia specifically affects the vestibule, the area inside the inner lips of the vulva where the vagina is found. This region contains the Bartholin’s gland which produces vaginal lubrication, the urethra where you pass urine, and some small minor vestibule glands producing vaginal discharge. It is characterised by pain felt whenever pressure is applied to the vestibular region. It is thus a localised form of vulvodynia, chronic pain in the vulva area.
- The symptoms of Vestibulodynia typically lasts for half or quarter a year. However, in some cases it may last for years, and a lifetime if untreated.
- Most women realize that they suffer from Vestibulodynia during their first sexual experience since the vestibular area is so hypersensitive that even the slightest touch during sexual intercourse, moving while in tight clothing as well as inserting tampons may cause some discomfort and pain.
The degree of pain experienced by women suffering from Vestibulodynia is variable. You may experience pain even after having had comfortable sexual relationships.
- Apart from overgrowth or hypersensitivity of the nerve fibers in that region, other possible causes are tendencies of pain problems or disorders, chronic yeast infections like thrush, injuring the vestibular area during surgery or childbirth and/or extreme sensitivity to irritants like panty liners and detergent etc.
- Sometimes, the pain is due to deeply rooted psychological issues, such as sexual trauma and other factors, such as birth or while moving house.
Vestibulodynia is sometimes mistaken for a type of skin diseases. However for the best treatment, you must consult a gynecologist who will treat your condition depending on your symptoms. Mentioned below a few ways to treat Vestibulodynia:
- Vaginal dilators, which are inserted into the vagina to relax the muscles present and gently stretch that area. Vestibulodynia also causes the pelvic floor muscles to tense up which can be overcome through vaginal dilators.
- Anesthetic Gels are water based gels, which have a small amount of local anesthesia and may numb the sensitive nerve fibers present there temporarily. Rub the gel over the tender areas, half an hour before indulging in sexual activities.
- You may even consume nerve fiber blocking tablets if you experience constant pain due to Vestibulodynia to tend to the sensitive nerve endings in your skin.
If girl get pregnant, before how many weeks she can abort it. Will abortion pills help. If girl is virgin but she get pregnant becoz of ejaculatory fluid of boy, and after taking pills, will she face any pain or problem. please guide. Need doctor.
Urinary tract infections (UTIs), which are infections anywhere along the urinary tract including the bladder and kidneys are on the most common infections in women. These infections can be caused by poor hygiene, impaired immune function, the overuse of antibiotics and the use of spermicides. The most common cause, accounting for about 90 percent of all cases, is the transfer of E. coli bacteria from the intestinal tract to the urinary tract.
Fortunately, there are a few methods of natural treatment and prevention that are drug free and prescription free and more than are effective as well. Go Natural!
Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
Indian Gooseberry is rich in vitamin C which in turn inhibits the growth of bacteria
- Take a cup of water.
- Add one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry (amla) powder and one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Boil the solution until half the water evaporates.
- Drink the residue three times a day for three to five days.
You can also eat more fruits like lemons, oranges, bananas, guava, kiwi, melon, raspberries, tomatoes, and papaya that contain a good amount of Vitamin C.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a rich source of enzymes, potassium and other useful minerals that can prevent the bacteria that cause UTIs from multiplying or growing. Those suffering from UTIs can use apple cider vinegar as
- Natural antibiotic to treat the infection.
- Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. You can also add lemon juice and sweeten with honey. Mix it well.
- Drink this two times a day for a few days
Baking soda will raise the acid-base balance of acidic urine and give you relief from the pain. Neutralizing the acidity in the urine also will help speed up recovery. Simply add one teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water and drink it once or twice a day.
Blueberries have bacteria-inhibiting properties that can help in the treatment of UTIs. The antioxidants present in blueberries are good for the immune system, and they prevent growth of bacteria that causes UTIs.
- You can add some fresh blueberries to your favorite cereal and have it for breakfast.
- You can also make fresh blueberry juice and have it daily, in the morning and at night for quick results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A STD is transmitted by means of physical intimate contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all. But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and B. Talk to your healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduces the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
- Consider male circumcision: There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world. Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses is trust between partners, plans to have children and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.