Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Pardesai
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod PardesaiYour feedback matters!
I have medium pain in neck when I get up from bed every morning from the last 1 week. What should I do?
I feel a lot of pain in my thighs when I take rest from a long football match. What is its cause and cure?
MYTH 1: Pain is always caused by an underlying tissue damage
FACT 1: There need not be a tissue damage for pain to occur. In majority of the cases mere postural deviations,muscle tightness, inadequate joint range and reduced neural mobility,decreased soft tissue(fascia) flexibility can cause pain.
MYTH 2: Degenerative changes in the joint(as seen in the X-ray and MRI) is the primary cause of pain.
FACT 2: Movement dysfunctions like loss of the intrinsic joint play movements and adverse neural tension cause most of the pain ,rather than degeneration.
MYTH 3: Pain Should not be treated based on radiological (x-ray, MRI) reports.
FACT 3: Pain should be treated based on patient history and physical assessment. Radiological or laboratory investigations should be used only to rule out any potential red flag(harmful) pathologies.ex; tuberculosis spine, inflammatory arthropathy, fracture, dislocation etc.
MYTH 4: Treatment should be given exactly in the area of pain.
FACT 4: In most instances the cause of pain is present in an area distant to the site of actual pain and hence the treatment should focus on removing the cause of pain rather than alleviating the symptoms in the area of pain.ex: most of the knee pain is caused by a dysfunction in low back (lumbar) and hip (pelvis) regions.
MYTH 5: The painful joint should not be moved and weight should not be transferred through the joint.
FACT 5:. Normal movement within the painless range is mandatory for the recovery and graded protective loading of the affected structureS is vital for the re- modeling of the collagen in the soft tissues and functional recovery.
MYTH 6: Pain is a disease and hence it should be treated. FACT6: Pain is only a symptom of an underlying disease or a dysfunction and hence when the cause of pain is treated pain vanishes by itself.
Sir, I am feeling back pain sometimes sometimes. 2 times already shown to doctor but no results. When I am taking medicines in that 2-3 months I m feeling ok. But after that back pain arising. Please suggest.
The longest nerve in the body is the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve starts from the lower part of the spine, through your hip to the back of the leg. So when it is said sciatica, we refer to pain in this nerve. Since the nerve covers the spine, hip and leg, sciatic pain is felt in the areas through which it passes. The lower leg muscles and sensation in the legs, thighs and feet are controlled by this nerve.
Symptoms usually include:
- Pain that radiates from the lower back to the hip and to the leg
- Sharp, tingling, dull, constant or burning pain
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Sneezing or coughing increases pain
- Moving the leg gets difficult so usual activities like walking, sitting and standing become painful
Homeopathic remedies are easy and gentle on the body. Homeopathy aims to boost the body's immune system so it can fight all its weaknesses. The following remedies may prove to be useful:
- Ammonium Muriaticum: It is taken for chronic pain in the heel or for chronic backache or when straightening the knee gets difficult as hamstrings contract. It is also taken for limping.
- Bellis Perennis: In periosteum injuries, stiffness and deep aches in the spine Bellis Perennis is used. It is also used for tailbone injuries. It is also helpful for nerve pains during pregnancy.
- Calcarea Fluorica: If the vertebra degenerates after trauma to the spine, then Calcarea Fluorica can be useful.
- Cicuta: The worst back injuries with serious trauma and muscles spasms are treated with Cicuta.
- Hypericum: Hypericum is suggested for tailbone injuries, temporary paralysis, spinal concussions and for sharp pain that tingles and moves upwards.
- Rhus Tox: If after lifting weights, overexerting muscles and exposure to anything wet, you feel tearing and burning pain, then Rhus tox is beneficial. Cramps that get better after heat application, but get worse after exposed to the cold are also treated with Rhus tox.
- Ruta: Stiffness and pain from back injuries, twisting the wrong way and bruises are prescribed with Ruta. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.