Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 30 years female, its my 1st pregnancy after 5 years of married life. I am in 30th week, I am feeling very weak and tired, please suggest me the best diet.
I had ectopic pregnancy in november 2015 but now in may 2016 I am trying to conceive but from last 2 months I am failed .what should I do? .i am having normoz as well .but not able to conceive.
Doctor I have an abortion before few months ago can you suggest me what time is good for my next pregnancy it's was just a partial moll according to doctors.
I had sex with my bf than I took a unwanted 72. After that my periods came 1 day late and stayed for 2 days. It was brown in color and it was not usual. I took pregnancy test 2 times after that and both the times it came negative. Can I be pregnant after that? I am having a little high body temperature right now can it be the reason behind me taking pill?
Me and my partner had unprotected sex 1 month ago. But she took the ipill. And nxt mnth she got periods 15 days late. But now we noticed even after getting periods, her weight is increasing. Is it a sign of pregnancy? please reply.
I'm drinking lemon and honey in hot water every morning, will that affect my babies weight during breast feed? can I drink green? how can I lose weight during breast feeding without diet?
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having regular unprotected sex for a period of 12 months or so. The complex process of ovulation and fertilization need to work right in order to become pregnant.
The common reasons that cause infertility in female and male are listed below:
Reasons for female infertility:
- Uterine abnormalities - This includes problems related to the opening of cervix or abnormalities in the shape of the uterus which includes arcuate or septate uterus or any congenital anomalies like bicornuate uterus or uterine didelphys. Fibroids may distort the uterine cavity interfering with implantation of fertilized egg. Adenomyosis or endometriosis of the endometrium is one the common causes of early infertility.
- Thyroid problems - Disorders of the thyroid gland, either too much thyroid hormone or too little can interrupt the menstrual cycle, leading to infertility in the long run.
- Ovulation disorders - This prevents the ovaries from releasing eggs. Examples include hormonal disorder (PCOS, hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia), excessive exercise, eating disorders, injuries, cysts be it follicular or endometriotic and ovarian tumors.
Reasons for male infertility:
- Problems with delivery of sperm - This can happen due to sexual problems, such as premature ejaculation, retrograde ejaculation (semen entering bladder instead of emerging through the penis during orgasm), genetic diseases such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems such as blockage of the part of the testicle that contains sperm or injury to reproductive organs.
- Damage related to cancer - This includes radiation and chemotherapy. Cancer treatments can impair sperm production. Removal of one testicle due to cancer may also affect male fertility.
- Abnormal sperm production - This can be due to various problems like undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, infections such as mumps, chronic urinary tract infection especially e. Coli or surgeries on the testicles. Enlarged veins in the testes increase blood flow and heat, affecting the number and shape of sperm.
Pregnancy ke baad se jab bhi mai ghar ka kaam karne lagti hoon tabhi bhut thaq jaati hoon and also meri saans phool jaati hai Kuch ilaj hai to bataye ki mai kaise fit rahoon and lazy feel na karoon.
Turmeric or haldi in combination with milk can have unimaginable effects on your health. It is also an amazing mixture for personal care. Haldi milk for long has been a great naturopathic remedy to counter your day-to-day issues related to health. The benefits of this concoction must have been drilled into your head by several bollywood flicks that use it as a potent trope. In case you are still unaware, go through the following points.
You can experience the advantages of haldi milk in these many ways:
- It helps to treat common cold: A running nose and a clogged throat can be gotten rid of by drinking warm turmeric milk. Common cold is a recurrent problem bothering most people. It cures the soreness in one's throat and is also sought after because of its antibacterial or antiviral properties.
- If you suffer from body aches, this drink will give you relief: Athletes are particularly fond of this golden drink as it adds strength to a person's overall structure. Haldi milk makes the joints of your body sturdy; especially your spine.
- It is great for the health of your liver: If you have a problematic liver that keeps giving you a hard time, you should try drinking haldi milk. Haldi is known for its positive effects on one's lymphatic system. It can purify your blood by eliminating impurities in it, thus further accelerating liver function.
- You must see how it stalls the growth of cancer cells: Cancer is one threatening disease that once contracted, is hard to be curbed. Haldi can effectively stall the growth and multiplication of cancer cells in case of breast, lungs, colon, and prostate cancers.
- Painful menstruations can be taken care of now: If menstrual cramps turn you into an irritable, curled up mass, you should surely go for turmeric milk. There is no point in bearing with intolerable pain for ven a few days of the month when a solution as handy as this is available for you. It acts as an antispasmodic and pregnant women drink it to ensure smooth delivery.
- Sleepless nights can be kept at bay: Amino acids are required for a good eight hours of sleep. Haldi milk contains tryptophan which is a sleep inducing amino acid.
My wife is 36 years old. She is suffering from severe hair loss from the past 3 years. She also has hormonal imbalance though her periods are more or less regular. She had also consulted a dermatologist, but medication didn't help nor did the minidoxxil solution application. Her tests are all normal except folic acid and vitamin d.
Doctor before 7 years I had spinal cord injury at L2 ,L3 level. And I was at bed rest .now can I marry. Will I have infertility problem.
Hi. I am 27 years old. Am diagnosed with Bilateral Polycystic ovaries. So I have been prescribed Regumet 500 mg (twice) tablets for 30 .I have been married since 8 months now. Will I be able to conceive? How long it will take for me to get pregnant? Please suggest me.
I am female, student 22 years old, with slight pcod, height 5.4ft, wt 60 kg from Mumbai, with heavy breast, left breast much bigger than right one, how to reduce size, mammogram shows fat.
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Uric acid is a breakdown product of purines that are part of many foods we eat. An abnormality in handling uric acid and crystallization of these compounds in joints can cause attacks of painful arthritis, kidney stones, and blockage of the kidney filtering tubules with uric acid crystals, leading to kidney failure.
Gout has the unique distinction of being one of the most frequently recorded medical illnesses throughout history.
Gout results from abnormal deposits of uric acid crystals in the joint cartilage.
The crystals are later released into the joint fluid.
Gout was once incorrectly thought to be a disease of only the rich and famous, caused by consuming too much rich food and fine wine.
Although diet and excessive drinking contribute to gout, they are not the main cause of the condition.
We now know that heredity plays a role in the development of gout, and it's often associated with other medical problems like high blood pressure.
Not everyone with high levels of uric acid will develop gout.
The kidneys' ability to rid the body of uric acid is partly determined by heredity.
And just because someone in the family suffers from gout does not mean everyone in that family will have the disease.
This risk varies from person to person.
What Are the Symptoms of Gout?
- Sudden, intense joint pain, which often can wake a person from sleep
- Swollen joint that is warm to touch
- Red or purple skin around the joint.
The amount of uric acid in your blood can change depending on what you eat and drink, how hydrated or dehydrated you are, your overall health, how much alcohol you drink, and the medicines you are taking.
It can change in response to a sudden illness..
How Is Gout Treated?
There is no cure for gout, but it can be treated and controlled. Symptoms often are relieved within 24 hours after treatment has begun.
The type of treatment prescribed will depend on several factors, including the person's age, type of medications he or she is taking, overall health, medical history, and severity of gout attacks.
Gout attacks are mainly treated with anti-inflammatory drugs. These include:
* NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as ibuprofen or naproxen, are generally prescribed to treat sudden and severe gout attacks.
They usually reduce inflammation and pain within hours.
* Corticosteroids (also called steroids), may be prescribed for people who cannot take NSAIDs.
Steroids also work by decreasing inflammation.
Steroids can be injected into the affected joint or given as pills.
* Colchicine is often used to treat gout and usually begins working within a few hours of taking it. This drug is used less often due to concerns about its side effects.
Dr. Sanjay Kapoor(Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgeon)
For More Details