Find numerous Veterinarians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Veterinarians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinita Kulkarni
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Vinita KulkarniYour feedback matters!
My german shepherd is now 4 months old ,very active . Giving steamed vegetables like carrot,cucumber, gourd,pumpkin,raddish and patta gobhi with curd and 5 chappati in each meal(Twice Daily) along with 50-60 gms of Pedigree.Sometomes egg too in this meal,will potato is advisable.Is any multivtamin or liver supplement to be given at this stage?
My dog keeps itching and under her arms are red and she has rashes on her paws, ears and her private, im nit sure if its a yeast infection or an allergy, what can I do to get rid of it?
Hi, My 8 year old male pug has been having having trouble breathing through his nose since yesterday. As a result he is breathing through his mouth.
- Never leave a pet in a car/vehicle alone, even for few minutes. The temperature inside the car goes up substantially compared to outside temperature and can cause life threatening heat stroke in pets.
- Change timings of walks – switch to early morning walks before sun heats up, and late in the night when environment cools down – May be 8AM-8PM!
- Keep ample drinking water available all the time for the pets!
- If you are housing your pets in A/C rooms, make sure to avoid “Temperature Shock”. I.E. Do not take them out immediately from a A/C room, or vice versa. Switch off the A/C let the room temperature become normal and then take them out, so as to minimize temperature difference to which pets are exposed.
- Watch out for TICKS! - Summer is active tick season, and it is better to be safe than sorry. Talk to us for the preventive strategies for tick infestations so as to protect your pets from the tick borne diseases.
My 6 month labrador dog suffering from hair fall. please give me some best suggestions! like. An ejection names or any thing.
My (dog) is 27 months old. Suffering with testis pain (infection) can not even stand properly. And I am using immune syrup two spoons a day. But still pain increasing. Wat is the solution for this and this is the second time facing same problem in two months. Could you pls help our pet. Thanks.
I have a 2.9 year old golden retriever. When he was so young like upto 6 months at times he will not eat his cereal fully, so my mom used to hand feed the remaining cereal in his bowl. Then until his age 1, he used to eat well by his own. Last year we took him in our car for a 12 hour journey as we shifted from our hometown to chennai. From then he didn't eat well for more than a week. So my mom started hand feeding him. And then till today he eats only when my mom feeds him by opening his mouth. At one time I even tried to stop this habit by asking my mom not to hand feed for two days And I just kept the food in his bowl, by then he'll just take few mouth of food from his bowl and not eat anymore and handfeeding started once again and continues till today. So can you please suggest me what should be done to make sure that he eats by his own.
Hello! sir/mam I have a 6 years old pomerian and now I adopted a stray dog which is approx. 8-9 months old. Now the pomerian has started attacking the smaller one n is becoming aggressive. Please help how to tackle the situation. Can I give some medicine (homeo) for controlling anger or something else. Thanks.
Depression in humans is well-known and well-documented, but depression in dogs is less known and studies have not been extended up to a deep level till now. As we say dogs are better known as "humans", it is natural for them to feel low and depressed at times. Some of the dog owners must have noticed that all of a sudden their dogs start acting in a way which is very unlike them. Sometimes, they find places to hide constantly or are spotted to be sleeping all day long.
The reasons for such depression are more or less the same in every species and can be interpreted as the following:
- Abusing: Just like humans, dogs get psychologically affected by the way their owner treats them. If you abuse your dog in a way in which it was not raised up, it is sure that your dog will slip into depression and in a few cases, might display some signs of aggression too.
- Critical depression: Critical depression occurs due to some changes in the dog's body. Chemical imbalances may provoke certain behaviors; one of them could be depression. In such situations, it is recommended to take your dog to a Veterinarian in order to seek professional help.
- Grief: If your dog's companion or its known faces drift away, it affects the dog’s behavior massively and may result into depression. This is because with time, the dogs develop strong emotional bonds and it gets hard for them to handle themselves in their absence.
- Aging: Aging is another reason behind your dog's depression. It is very simple to know and understand too that your dog will not be as energetic as it was in its young days. Also, sometimes sensing that their lifespan is about to end may lead them into depression.
How To Deal With It?
By being compassionate, as most of the times your dog may feel depressed because of the treatment you offer to it. They always want to be loved and adored by their owners and this cures everything unnatural happening with them. Try to play with them whenever you come back home, feed them gently, run your fingers through their fur and be extra attentive. All of these will enlighten their mood. Alternatively, you may try out other methods like going out for a walk twice a day, let it socialize with others in the park, let it feel loved more than anything.
For critical depression and grief, it is better to take recommendation from a Veterinarian. Try being patient with your dog about everything. Not all dogs recover rapidly. Hence, before snapping at it again, give it some time and don't pressurize it for anything that comes from its master affects it the deepest. For more comfort, you may bring a new pet which would be its companion for the entire day. Be cautious about the situation and selection. Sometimes they become envious due to such occurrences. Make sure they both get along well.
Osteoarthritis is related with genetic predisposition, inherited problems or defects in bones & joints. This painful condition often requires veterinary pain killers, supplements which protects bones and joints, scientific measures like controlled exercise, swimming & physiotherapy under the veterinary medical supervision. As pollution related features can bring such disorders causing free radical damage, this problem can be managed and a quality living for the pets can be provided with the application of advanced medicines like glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate, MSM, micronutrients ete. Many commercial diets are available which can nourish pets skeletal system effectively and a good plane of nutrition can guard a pet from gaining extra body weight which aggravates osteoarthritis. A perfect dietary and lifestyle management therefore is highly essential for combating such painful disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Veterinarian.