Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VinitYour feedback matters!
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I am suffering with scabies skin disease from last one month I consulted dermatologist and using the medicine but it is not curing could you suggest me any medicine for that.
My lower lip looks very big. Suddenly I do not feel there is any swelling and my face also.what to do
Hello sir/mam I am 19 year girl, since last 7 years I m having a big black spots on my body some are on my face also. I have consulted about it in very reputed doctors of delhi, bhopal, gwalior. They all told me that. Due to any wrong medicine consumed by me. I am having a drug reaction on my body. And it will recover naturally. But it doesnot shows any effect till now. Please suggest me what to do. If you want.
Doctor, my lips turns black when its dry and it will be normal when it is wet. Can you suggest how can I maintain my lips pink.
Hi, I am 29 years old, but my face looks of 40 years old and my skin is very dry and hard. Any suggestion!
I have acne and pimple problem on my head. And hairs on my nose. Appearing like blackheads. What should I do?
While the sun is necessary for our skin and overall health, excessive exposure often results in many skin problems. Age spots, which are actually sunspots, blemishes, pigmentation and sunburns are just a few of the sun related damages that your skin may have to face.
Sunscreen is your best friend outdoors
Sunscreen should be worn at all times whenever you go outdoors. Also if you plan to be outdoors for too long, then reapply sunscreen from time to time as you may need to replenish the protection for your skin. A sunscreen with a SPF count of 30 or above is usually preferred; however, this should completely be determined by the type of skin.
What type of damage can sun do to your skin?
Visible sun related damage to your skin could be any or all of the following:
- Skin which is patchy
- Dark spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Age spots
These are primarily manifestations of deep rooted sun related damage caused by one of the following:
- Superficial pigmentation: This is a pigmentation problem, which is mostly caused close to the uppermost layer of your skin i.e. the epidermis. This usually ends showing up as age spots and freckles.
- Deep hyper-pigmentation: As opposed to superficial pigmentation, deeper pigmentation problems occur when age related damage is the cause and there has been prolonged sun exposure. This requires more detailed treatment and thus topical products such as peels may not be as effective as the damage has been at a deeper layer of the skin.
- Brown patches or melasma: Often called the mask of pregnancy as it commonly afflicts expectant women, it may occur in other cases due to hormonal problems as well. It appears as darker patches on your skin within the bridge of the nose, cheeks and forehead. Sun damage aggravates this problem multi fold and thus can make a slight or small problem much worse.
Treatments against sun damage
As mentioned earlier, the best way to reverse sun damage is to use the correct SPF for your skin. A single SPF rating isn’t correct for everyone and it is best to consult a dermatologist to determine what rating would be correct for you. However, some of the other modern treatments you can rely on to reverse and prevent sun damage could be:
- Peels that give instant clarity by reducing pigmentation
- Reducing complexes such as certain liquid applicants that lessen topical pigmentation
- Skin rejuvenating Lasers that provide instant clarity with Laser action
- PRP or platelet rich plasma that is derived from the cells of your own body and then used as a serum to be injected into the skin to heighten its self- healing powers.