Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Brain absorbing words specially in reading for increasing manner what factors are involved and what we do for improvement ?
Whole body pain especially nees and shoulders feels like having slightly chillies and tonsils as well is taking salt water goggles will help or should I consult a doctor please advise.
1. Focus on your positive qualities. It’s true that we can all improve in some ways – but start by finding your good qualities – and recognise that these are a major part of who you are.
2. Be aware of, and fight against, your negative self-talk. Negative self talk can quickly snowball and become an angry tirade against yourself – so you become your own worst critic and your own worst enemy. Instead, choose to respect yourself, to love, affirm and believe in yourself.
3. Don’t dwell on things you know you cannot change. We all have imperfections, weaknesses and flaws. They’re really not that crucial, and they’re not that big a deal. Try to keep them in perspective – and change what you CAN change.
4. Make your own decisions – don’t always look to others, and think that they know better … But choose to trust yourself.
6. Always try to do your best – as that’s all that is required. You’re a normal human being who’ll sometimes get it wrong. Get up, forgive youself, then just choose to move on.
I am experiencing severe body pains and headache since 4days. Is this flu of any kind or is it regular?
Hello Doctor, I feel very low confident always by nature. I always feel that what ever is happening is because of my mistake. And anything I will do, will be wrong only or anything I will speak. So I want to know that is it because of my nature or there is something else.
Hello, doctor I really dont know from where to start m married since December 2012 after marriage our 1st year of married life is going on very well but after 1 year everything has changed we both have lots of fights arguments upon small small things and my husband always end up all this thing by saying let's get separate I want to give you divorce or go back to your mother's place but always it's me who dont want to end dis relationship cos I truly luv him a lot he also luv me alot but I dont know why he always demand for separation. Our marriage is love marriage we both r long distance cousin we know each other from childhood earlier we used to be a good friend den one day he proposed me nd after dat we got married but he also sometimes regret dat day dat why he proposed me he also say dat it was his life biggest mistake. M not a good wife I dont know anything I sometimes feel like killing my self but m coward I m scared to do so. Dont know how to settle all dis thing again cos for him I hardly matters. I just can not say all dis thing to any one neither to my family member nor to my friends. Cos I just dnt want to put a negative picture of after married life in front of any one nad also I luv him soo much dat I dnt want dat my family or friends feel dat he is a bad guy. Please I need some guidance I realy need to know what possible things I can do to put everything back on tracks again. Thanks.
Marriage is a life-long commitment. Premarital Counseling is a therapy that serves to help couples prepare for their wedlock. It aids in ensuring that you and your partner forge a healthy and a strong relationship in the long run making way for a successful, happy and a satisfying marriage. It also helps you in spotting out the weaknesses early that can later magnify into troubles muddling up your conjugal life. The sessions are usually conducted by licensed and qualified therapists when a couple is considering marriage or are about to get into marriage.
Why is pre-marital counseling at all necessary?
Matching all Aspects: Through this sort of counseling, couples are motivated to initiate conversation pertaining to marriage such as anger management, devoting time for each other, decision-making, family relationships, parenting and children, sex and affection, marital roles, ethics and beliefs, communication and finances.
Communication and Conflict Resolution: Pre-marital Counseling helps partners in improving their ability to communicate with each other, setting sensible marriage goals, as well as skillfully resolving conflicts. In addition to these, premarital counseling also seeks to create a positive attitude for your conjugal life.
Acclimatizing: Remember that you carry your own history, opinions, and values in a relationship and they might vary with your partner who has had an entirely different life with their own and unique experiences. Adjusting to each other as different human beings can be quite a task in itself. Marriage counseling helps in acclimatizing, accepting to the bad and good parts of both the partners.
Becoming a support for each other: Most people rush into marriage to gratify their financial, social, emotional, and sexual needs, but such a mind set is always a gamble. You may hit it off greatly with you partner and then have troubles later on. Clearing out your expectations and bridging the differences prior to marriage would enhance your understanding of each other. This way you can become a source of great support for each other.
Break the pattern: Both or one of you might belong to a divorced or a dysfunctional family where manipulation and fighting was the norm. Premarital Counseling can actually help you to come out of your fear and make peace with your past so that the mistakes of your parents aren’t repeated in your life.
- Averting divorce: Owing to the modern lifestyle, the chances of divorce are rising with each passing day. Therefore, early intervention is indeed the need of the hour. Premarital counseling can help you pinpoint areas of major concern and work to resolve them or work around them to avoid issues which may balloon and end up in a worst case scenario for a marriage, which is divorce.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychologist and ask a free question.
Sometimes I think I can do anything but I sometimes I can't do any thing how to control my self confidence to achieve my goals.
I have anxiety worry and insomnia problem doctor give me medicine I feel relief but I do note take medicine no relief advice me.
Chronic health disorders like Schizophrenia affect not only the patient, but also the life of their care givers. Though Schizophrenia can be treated to improve the patient's quality of life, it cannot be cured. Hence, it falls on the care giver's shoulders to watch out for symptoms of this disease and manage the person and their disorder. What should one do in such a case?
- Educate yourself: The first step towards looking after a person with Schizophrenia is to know the symptoms of the disease. With treatment, these may become better or worse so if you notice any change in the symptoms, bring it to your doctors notice at once.
- Reduce stress: Your goal as a schizophrenic person's caregiver should be to give them a calm environment and boost their confidence. Stress has a negative effect on all people and in schizophrenics this effect is much worse. Hence reduce stress and create an effective support system and structured environment for your loved one.
- Do not ask the patient to change 'his reality': When a person is suffering from schizophrenia, you should not force them to change their behaviour and reality, in order to adjust in the society at large. You should rather support the patient to accept his reality, to be at peace, since there is a very strong genetic component involved in its aetiology. Also, it is important that, both the patient and the family in particular should opt for regular counselling sessions.
- Regular exercise: Schizophrenics need not be cooped up in the house all day. Encourage the patient to go outside and exercise regularly. Exercise reduces stress and produces endorphins that make a person feel energized and happy. This should be complemented by a healthy diet. Minimize the amount of carbs and sugar intake and increase the amounts of omega 3 fatty acids in the patient's diet.
- Join a support group: Joining a support group is a very good idea for both the patient and the caregiver. For the patient, this provides a form of social interaction and for the caregiver is a platform to meet people with similar first hand experiences
- Encourage treatment: Convincing a Schizophrenic person to seek treatment can be quite challenging. Suggest treating symptoms of the disorder such as insomnia problem and lack of energy rather than the disease itself to make the patient feel more comfortable. Give the patient options to choose from to make them feel more in control of the situation.
- Monitor medication: Once the treatment has started, ensure that the patient sticks to the prescription. Maintain a regular schedule by using weekly pill boxes and alarms. Also keep an eye on the possible side effects of these medicines. Ensure that your doctor has a complete list of medicines that the patient takes so that there is no chance of medicines interacting negatively with each other.
- Prepare for crisis situations: It is always a good idea to have an emergency plan in place. Keep emergency contact details of all the doctors and therapists at hand along with the address and phone number of the closest hospital. Share your situation with friends and family so that in case of an emergency, they can be relied upon to take care of your children and other dependants.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychiatrist and ask a free question.